Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Raw ore being sold for almost the same price as an NPC vendor would give!!!!

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Odyssey2001, Oct 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

HI! I have noticed a trend going on that Raw materials such as ore has been gradually lowering value for the last few weeks or so..

I see prices like 45g for Nickle and Tungsten and another user just told he gets Tin for 50g.
    Silver has come down a lot as many users are mining it themselves I think..

I made a "Flash Sale" the other day for Gold at 25g per piece only to find out that this is a common price now..
    So if I want to do a good flash sale I will have sell at about 15g per ore.. If it gets any lower we will be better saving the time a trouble of a vendor and just sell to the npcs!!!

But even if the Devs say " ok we will remove the option or reduce the value of what the npcs give) then what? How does a miner remain a miner if they cannot sell their ore? or make enough on the ore to meet ends meat?

I have heard a few people mention that they just sold their Nickle and Tungsten to a vendor because they could not be bothered asking around or placing it in a vendor! Some how I do not think that's what the devs have intended to happen but it is happening ,, after all the npcs give 40 for nickle and tungsten /tin and you can buy all of these for about 45 from many desperate vendor!!!

I do not expect for mining or gathering in general to be the wining thing to do but I also do not expect to be fighting starvation with sticks and stones.

I just hope that a demand comes in again as for now I am eating my hat :)

2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I think this is evidence of the market stabilizing finally, no? Ores should not be that pricey imho.

Retlaw, Birne Gilmore, Tahru and 3 others like this.
  3. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Needs to be an index somewhere you can look up which player vendors are selling what items, at what price.
    They could build this into the Town Crier somehow, or even better on the overland map as well so you can click on a town and see what is for sale in that town and the price it is costing.

Leelu likes this.
  4. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

crafters rushing to gm their skills created a temp artificial demand for ores and many eager players rushed to fill.

now that most crafters have gotten to where they want to be skill wise that demand is no longer there and with the market still being flooded by miners it will take time for things to even out as people seek other "jobs" to make quick easy gold.

this can be seen also in the rush to farm bone armor parts that are starting to fill public vendors.

and soon it will be the next thing :)

5. Womby

Womby Avatar

A vendor search feature for the game is long overdue. In the meantime, there is always the Yellow Pages for discovering vendor locations.

Themo Lock and Leelu like this.
  6. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

I see the prices of some ores have dropped a lot due to what appears to be higher supply and lower demand, but I see the exact opposite in other ores right now. I expect that as we get more players, there will be more demand and prices will stabilize (not drop so low on the ones that are low right now) due to a lot higher demand from crafters.

I mine most of the time, but when prices drop like this, I typically go do other stuff and keep an eye on the market with my stockpile so that when prices go back up a bit I'm ready to sell.

After mining a ton, especially not being a super-fast-mining-machine like some players, I really don't think NPC buy prices should be lowered. And yes, I do think the ore prices should be as high as they've been, for the amount of time it takes a more normal player to collect enough ore to sell I think it's a fair trade.

Jivalax Azon and Leelu like this.
  7. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

I agree with Carlin, a SOTA Wall Street would be the very thing. Various index's for commodities, ores etc. Whomever is starting a much needed newspaper could get a head start and have charts included. I definitely would have one delivered every day.:)

uhop likes this.
  8. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Its generally pretty easy to be self sufficient. I do a mining run and easily clear 5-800 silver before i get too bored of watching netflix at the same time.
    Iron and such is even faster.
    Its definitly just the fact a lot of people have np getting their own materials, that really only people buying are ones who have excess gold.
    I dont see there being a permenent demand that you can be a pure miner anytime soon. Only way they could do this would be to half the availible nodes of each type, making it more rare and time consuming to get ore. Which would jsut cause more issues as people complain they cant do things without having to buy.

Also now that collar recovery is fixed, theres not a massive silver sink into taming, which was causing a lot of people to buy as well.

Leelu, Fister Magee and zyxe like this.
  9. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

I think the fact that many users did in fact go out and mine there own ore is what has created this effect. Also users needed suits before but now that they are done they can use Coto to refresh them, ( but that has a limit though ).

Leelu likes this.
  10. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

The only reason I buy ore is because the time sink of collecting gold coins is quicker then the time sink of mining.

And the only ore that really applies to is Silver. I can mine silver. I can fight the endless Elementals that pop up in batches. But I can only do it for an hour or two.

Same in Hilt...I can fight the slimes easily. But after a while I get bored since I cant watch TV easily.

Copper is also problematic, but I don't need large quantities, and I pick up Copper ore in outdoor scenes.

Gold/Iron is trivial. I mine it just for the experience. I can watch a movie and mine Gold or Iron. I am always amazed at how much gold/iron I have when the movie ends.

I used to sell off the Tungsten/Tin/Nickel keeping only some for my uses.....but with the recent nerf to the amount you get mining, I just hang on to them.

Leelu and Fister Magee like this.
  11. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Not sure that half engaged, Netflix and mine gaming is a positive thing, but maybe that's what we've come to here in the future. Maybe that also leads to all ores being sold to vendors eventually.

Leelu likes this.
  12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Netflix or no, I think we'll have a complete seize up of the economy shortly. My reasoning is that everyone who wants things already has them. Even bone prices will only last another week.

This game needs to have a stellar launch complete with a ton of happy new players or the economy will be in a permanent depression.

The way I see it we need to just get everything set up for release so that new players will have the best experience possible.

So bug reports, set up those POT's and figure out how to make the new player experience not totally confusing! That includes a new Quest GUI. The reviews will never be kind as it is right now.

Leelu likes this.
  13. Study_Break

Study_Break Avatar

Once we craft a full set of high-end gear, there's really no reason to keep crafting and buying gold/silver to enchant or mastercraft. I'm wearing a full set of +9 gear and crafted my own +12 wands. I no longer have a reason to keep using gold/silver. That's just the way it is.

Leelu and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  14. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Problem is, as a crafter who is not in any rush to reach the top level of my craft - though it is a primary focus - it just isn't worth 15 gold per ore to speed me up. Especially since gathering my own is the best way to build producer experience.

We're at that midpoint where as others have said - the rushers have what they were working for, and the non-rushers don't feel the price is worth their time for what they get out of it.

uhop, Swan, Leelu and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.