Re: Player Feedback on R60 Change: Being Fully Encumbered Will Block Loot & Trade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duke Olahorand, Nov 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. istyrl

istyrl Avatar

not only crafters, but also builders/decorators. The only way to go through it will be to have a mobile bank with A LOT of space for building decorating as you wont be able to carry chest with too much weight. This is a building/decoration killer if implemented, i do not even see a workaround except with a mobile bank and big extra space capacity.

Mishikal and Drake Aedus like this.
  2. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

3. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove

This is how I craft.. I have a crafting box I leave at home. I put it In my pack to craft. Put it down when I'm done.

Unless you have a better way of dealing with crafting mats you've effectively killed crafting interest for me. If so, this has killed general interest the game.

They were making so many good strides Into gaming QOL.

4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Also this means no more crafting/decorating while wearing cute outfits....BREAK OUT THE STR GEAR
    -grumbles-

Can't look cute when I'm killing things because its impractical, fine.
    Can't look cute when I'm in town either....a sad day indeed

5. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

Big solution to the problem....When you open up a crafting table, it looks at all your containers and your bank as a source of materials to craft from. that way, there's no need to carry around crates of crafting components to encumber you.

6. Krissa Lox

Krissa Lox Avatar

I won't spend a lot of time excessively detailing my thoughts on this other than to add support for others who are also concerned. But it was my understanding that the reason for being able to do wildly unrealistic things with encumbrance in the first place was as a blanket "fix" to keep unfinished systems workable until there was opportunity to properly balance and polish things up to a more naturally working state *which has not yet been achieved* so I fail to understand the logic of trying to "fix" a separate individual issue by removing an even more massively impactful fix in its wake.

But at this point I don't even care about understanding anymore. I don't care whether this will be a good or bad change or whether or not we can "adapt". I'm just tired of having my entire gameplay experience changing so radically and frequently now, so I'm taking a break from it till we're done getting this whole trial-and-error phase worked out.

7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Unlikely. At SOTACON they were talking about 2 things: a) Increasing crop yield and b) Making it so one bucket of water could cover up to 20 plants. Those changes would help individuals grow *more* for *less* and *more easily*.

Vaiden Luro and smack like this.
  8. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

So we used to have some interesting ways to make money for property rent, and pretty much all of that is being nerfed into the ground. Now if you don't mindlessly grind out gold in an adventure scene then you may as well just give up on using property you purchased with in-game currency.

Is this a cash grab? "Quick, get your tax free lots before Christmas!" "Buy your COTOs in our shop so you can pay for a shiny taxed Keep deed!"

This is only getting more aggravating, and I can't even imagine how this is going to affect our holiday/party deco time.

Mishikal likes this.
  9. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I don't think this change influence too much "normal people", it wants just to prevent ridicolous situation where someone carry with him 10x time his normal weight, we are not ants, we are humans it's something normal in my opinion.
    As a mage wearing full cloth my base weigth is 598 lbs, I can have 50% more using an obsidian potion of capacity and I can reach 733, if I add a belt of the ox I can go up to 1713, so If I multiply last number x3 I can carry up to 5139 lbs before to go totaly overweight. I am wearing full cloth, so I suppose someone with heavy armor and a full str build can carry much more than me with ox and all.
    So if I am adventuring and I don't want to use a ox, cause it nerfs my build based on kiting and move speed, I can carry up to 2k lbs before to go totaly overencoumbered, I think this is reasonable, If I am crafting I can go up to 5k weight using a ox, I think this reasonable too.
    I think what they wanted to fix is mostly ppl that carry with them 20k or 40k weight like someone said before, it is not an exploit right now, but it is something that Port proabably doesn't want in this game, and I totaly agree with them. Why, if you are able to carry just 1k , you should be able to carry 40k?
    About crafters I would suggest you to put your crafting bags near your tables, and you just keep it open while crafting and select items, without keeping it in your inventory. This of course prevents to use macro while crafting or ghatering water because you need an active presence to select items every time you reach your max batching count.
    About decorators, split your furniture in differents bags and put it in the lots, than you use those clicking on your bags placed in the ground of the lot you are going to decorate.

The only things who concerns me is the cabalist NEFARIO, it, indeed, reduces your str by 200 and bring your carry capacity down to 120 lbs, so after doing a siege I probably have more than (120x3) weight, so no one can kill Nefario, and, even if you can, the curse doesn't diseapper since you don't loot him, but you cannot loot him with new changes ;) In my opinion they should just adjust a bit how the Nefario curse works.

I am fine for the rest and I think this is a great change for the game, making it more realistic as it should be.

Vaiden Luro and wedrax like this.
  10. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I guess you never buy materials or sell materials at vendors then. Or craft, etc etc.

11. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Obsidian Trials - PVP arena without any decent rewards . We were promised crafting components , pvp gear as rewards been months and nothing ..no news not even a hint .

Brewing system - started out well then got nerfed into the ground because too many people were making gold too easily ..where were at today ? Brewing is not worth the time all drinks seem to give same buff no matter the intoxication level. We were promised all sort of alcooholic beverages with all kinds of buffs... . been months since this system was launched and nothing new was added to it.

Fishing system - Best food is 1 intelligence ..again incomplete ...theres only so much one can enjoy a nice trophy fish ...we need the 5 int food on uncommon fish and food that enhance combat skills.

Agriculture - Fishing baits added to agriculture - after harvesting about 70k plants two days ago i got a total of 10 RED WORMS with gold value 0 ....

Dungeons - We have the rooms ..we need the creatures ...again incomplete.

If we have time to make radical changes to the game ..please allocate time to improve existing systems also . While i understand the rush of having them in the game as fast possible .... they will cause alot of frustration after the first few days hype wears off .

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    StarLord, Chatele, Mordai and 5 others like this.
  12. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I do, but I never exceded 2k lbs doing this, that's why I said "normal people". 1000 gold ore weigh 200, so with 2k weight I can have 10k gold ore with me, just saying.

13. eli

eli Avatar

Lol... crafters saying this forces them out of the game...

I craft pvp flagged in cloth, so carrying 100 weight of junk leaves me about 180-200 free weight. i can craft for 10-15 minutes at a time no problem.

You're literally sitting waiting on a progress bar so "inventory management" does not slow you down.

Dhanas likes this.
  14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I have GM STR and Heavy Lifter at 90. My max capacity is just over 500 lbs, the 3x max puts me at just about 1600 lbs. I would not be able to handle 2k pounds. You're not normal. This will affect those who are new players even worse.

15. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

I am talking about using a belt of the ox, the blocker is just when you reach 3x your max weight, so if you can carry 1600 it means you can go up to 4800 weight before to be stopped to do any action ;)

16. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Right, because I'm supposed to walk around the game finding vendors so I can buy stuff while having my move speed ganked? That's BS. And again, think of people who haven't yet had the opportunity to get a belt of the ox, GM their str, and GM Heavy lifter.

monkeysmack, Chatele and Mordai like this.
  17. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Does anyone know what is the reasonning to piss off the only people left in this game which are the crafters? I think they just want to file bankruptcy sometimes this is insane.

Vaiden Luro, Cyin, Greyfox and 6 others like this.
  18. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

A belt of the ox costs 50k, and I don't think someone that has just started the game have to go on vendors and carry as much as he can, he should make money first, for making money he should lvl up his char, if he wants to do a ghaterer or a merchant he should boost his strenght and his carry capacity skill and save some money for a ox, nothing weird.
    That's what I am complaining about, you cannot start a game and be able to do everything, every thing in its own time.

Vaiden Luro and Simon LeBon like this.
  19. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

20. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.