Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Real estate of the skills window

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by Quenton, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I don't know about everyone else, but this release I have been keeping my skills window open regularly; all-the-damn-time-regularly. However I couldn't help but notice how regularly it would get in the way of what I was trying to look at.

So here's what it currently looks like, with Tactics open - the tree that has the most options (I think; I didn't count them).

[​IMG]

Keep in mind, this is the LARGEST skill tree. Other skill trees, especially crafting, take up an enormity of wasted screen space.

I probably should have done a full screenshot with the rest of the screen so you can see what it looks like, but all of you can open your game to have another look. What I wanted to post was how much space could be saved. Here's a mockup, with the empty space showing what would otherwise be game world.

[​IMG]

As a sidenote, I asked in the R19 feedback forum about changing the description of skills like Foraging and Agriculture to move away from saying "use this skill to harvest foraging nodes" to instead say "use this skill to harvest cotton and reagents", but with the skill shakeup, it now just says "Proficiency in Foraging", "Proficiency in Agriculture", etc.

Thoughts? Looking at it again, I sort of wish I used full-screen screenshots. I use 1920x1200.

Sara Dreygon and 4EverLost like this.
  2. Schwanke

Schwanke Avatar

Personally I wish we had a way of seeing the progress bars on skills without having to open the skill page at all. Thats the reason I open it. I wanna know when I reach the next 'level' so I can train the next item as well as check to see how much I am gaining from a particular task. Probably too much work to put in a whole new system but could do somethin like a new window with the ability to choose 5 skills to watch or something.

Quenton and Sara Dreygon like this.
  3. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Right-click skill, select "Undock" (or something), and that icon and its bar appears as a new UI element. Right-click it again to re-dock it.

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Good opening post.

In the skills window (k), it would be cool to have an ability to select a limited number of skills to display training progress for on the main game desktop in some miniaturized format.

LOTRO skill training for legendary weapons is an example of this concept already implemented in the MMO world -- for use-based weapons, not for use-based skills.

Quenton and Sara Dreygon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.