Realism and PvP

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by battlew, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

If it's required to be that high and well equipped to begin making experience with pvp and get into some real open world practice then only a special type of player will pvp, the same type who is doing it atm. People who "work" hard on pushing skills.
    Well i think that will allways be a minority in comparison and the normal player is never able to get to the point where he can expect to have a fair chance.
    The playfield is characterized by a wide gap between players strength and distribution of power.
    With this approach it will never have much participants.

2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

It isn't just that. There are different skills you would want to level for PvE vs PvP. I didn't have Dash in my main hotbar until I met some... ah... "aft port" who repeatedly ganked me when I was screwing around in Blood Bay one day. However, I found it useful enough for other reasons to take up one of ten slots. But I think I might now reconsider having Light on the zero key. Lately I've been hitting it more by accident than with intent. And I'm not aware that the Chaos tree is useful at all in PvE.

Stundorn likes this.
  3. Alrik Doom

Alrik Doom Avatar

Proof is in the pudding, I'm not the one trying to force play caps/classes on others due to my casual game play limitations!

UO's demise was the forum trolls that kept complaining about this skill or that skill, which with the 700 cap, kept players constantly changing out there skills, hence soul stones!

SotA solves this with no hard caps, let players build what they want, if you have a problem with that then I can only presume that you care too much about the other guy and not enough on your own toon!

4. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Welcome @battlew to Shroud of the Avatar!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.