Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Recall Points

Discussion in 'Release 44 Feedback Forum' started by pizzadave707, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pizzadave707

pizzadave707 Avatar

After playing this game for about a year I would like to suggest that you let players have 2 recall points. One, naturally for your home which is only right. The other for your guild. I say this because it is becoming apparent that guilds will have their own POT's and that eventually not everyone will be able to have a home in them. Also a lot of players who have homes in NPC towns and PRT towns are loathe to give them up. I played UO for quit a few years and guilds and players come and go, it becomes only prudent to have a home where you cannot be evicted at the whim of some player you may not know in later years. It would make the game more playable and we still would use the overland map. This is not a suggestion to return to the runebooks of UO. Just one to help Guilds be able to muster their membership quickly if needed and for events.

2. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Honestly, considering the loading screen problem and the plethora of places to visit, it seems valid to even have 10 recall points.

No matter what you're still going to be traversing the world. If recall is a good way to have less loading screens, all the better.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

4. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

This would probably benefit PvP as well, not only allowing people freedom to travel to select destinations of their choice at the cost of a scroll vs. loading screens and loss of motivation to travel past control points. Maybe make it cost more to travel across passes vs running through them to discourage far travels back and forth as frequently. How can a person expect to sell recalls in a shop when there is only reason to recall back to a binding location...to bank and restock etc...please consider this and at the minimum make it a test (if need be) and see how happy you will make everyone with one change. It seems very wasteful to have 1) seperate recall/teleport scrolls if they serve one purpose each 2) Implement a binding system just to limit it to one bind location and foreing people to hit 3 loading screens just to get to where they want to be....it sucks having to restock and spend 10 minutes or so it feels navigating loading screens just to repeat the same grind.

Might I add, that some of us already have separate accounts that we bind to just to teleport another character to that destination without much hassle but at a minimum price tag of $40 per binding location

5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

1. They already know that people would love this.
    2. They don't want it to happen. (IMHO, easy teleports shouldn't go into MMOs until they're in old-age decline.)
    3. Your friends list is your rune book in SotA. The disadvantage is that you can't go anywhere you want any time you want, but if you were going somewhere to meet up with someone, they just need to be on your friends list.

The primary complaint about needing more teleports was going to social events, and the current system supports that. You get teleports to people, not places.

Barugon likes this.
  6. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I never thought about that, but you're right. Except this seems like the worse of the two options.

Isn't it better to recall to a specific place and then have to run around the town to meet up with them, than to just teleport directly to them?

I don't know a good workaround for this except to eliminate teleport scrolls altogether and make more recall points, though.

7. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

You don't teleport to them directly, I think, you teleport to the scene they are in, then you must run around and find them :)

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I would love to be able to put multiple places into a list that I could recall to but I understand how that would defeat their purpose of making travel as frustrating as possible.

9. Diego Mas

Diego Mas Avatar

Personally, I am not going to lobby for more recall bind locations. I think the policy has been discussed on that.
    I am very new but, I read alot.

The result currently in game, is creating as large of friend list as possible. I call them Blood Runes, sometime Meat Runes when there appears to not be blood in the greymatter. I did not, myself, go through the entire guild and add friends, or when running through towns. But If I chat with someone, locally or in guild I will generally create a friend.

What is troubling is not being able to friend your vendor. He is a trusted employee holding potentially millions of gold in items for you. He is either indentured servitude (commision-free) or he is paid for his service. He should have rights. I would like to call him a friend.

The result is you don't bind to your house. You teleport to your vendor. If you have multiple houses and vendors you can get around. This frees up the bind slot for adventuring. You can enter a town during a long quest sequence (such as Adoris), bind to the town, and be able to Teleport to home or guild to help clear a siege, event or other thing. Then recall back to the quest line.

Like I said, I am new and have had armor durability challenged by several of the passes. I like the Bastion Points Lunar Rift Chronometer and use it often. Is there a way to use the astrolabe or moondial to get this information?

Back to the Meat Runes. The intense marketing gamers, and focused market guilds will already have this capability. An alt logged in a separate client to facilitate teleport, and he may be just working at the crafting table processing materials every few minutes. About 6 different alts around the map for a guild is nothing. The market rareness distribution is already just a quick jump for established large multinational guilds and friends lists. The simple change of befriending your own vendor or a guild vendor allows the newer casual player the small step they could use.

The current recipe and market localization is a frustrating hurdle for a new player like myself, but it kind of needed to be done. I had to spend 10s of thousands in gold for recipes the earlier players got for free essentially. (BTW, how about letting the recipe book be reordered, ,<diversion off>). I understand why it was not done earlier for the backer players, Portalarium needed the massive testing to work out the kinks. If it was too hard for new players in beginning the system would take longer to develop. It takes alot of resources to craft anything significant which may be a long way away. It can be a significant effort to find peppers and pecans. The casual gamer could be frustrated in that it may take a significant portion of time to get to a gathering area and back, reducing the time to pursue an objective.

That's my suggestion. Enable befriending personal and guild vendors.

Bryweyh likes this.
  10. Bryweyh

Bryweyh Avatar

Chants "Friend the Vend! Friend the Vend!"

I think its a great idea, but what if your vendor wants to teleport to you sometime or have a conversation?

11. Diego Mas

Diego Mas Avatar

The vendor is on the clock, he doesn't even get a breaktime.

- Wait maybe thats where the teleport scrolls and ale are going.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.