1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Recall

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Osunn, Dec 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osunn

Osunn Avatar

I would like to be able to bind to all lots I own and have a recall menu allowing me to recall to any one of them. I can't see any down side to this. It would make routine travel a little simpler. You would use a recall scroll and a menu would be presented allowing you to select a property.

2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Although that would void all types teleports already having been sold to players through the coto shop.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hatches, Balloons, Bell Tower, Tower and Shogun Teleports, Wagons... they would become useless, as in, no one ever using them again, turning them into nothing more than deco lot spam.

Multiple recal points could come, but I do know it would surely hurt coto shop teleport sales and upset those who have already invested in teleports, which are not a cheap item to have invested in.

Multiple recal points differ from teleports only in that they have weight requirements and fixed destinations unless changed by their owner or POT management.

I'm not a fan of the idea, I think our game has grown past such a change due to having sold so many teleports of all types, but stranger things have happened.

It won't effect my personal gaming, yet multiple recal points will take quite a bit of apeal and monitary value from an account such as mine.

I see allot of player's teleports being sold or outright scapped from such a thing, but it could happen.

All those coto store items would become a regret to have ever "purchased with real money", if recal scrolls get multiple recal points, "which cost only in-game gold".

• The current cost of a single teleport $30.00 USD converted into 3000 coto.
    • The costs of an in-game recal scroll, 5 gold pieces.
    :rolleyes: I'd say that's a huge loss if multiple recal points are ever implemented.

That dosn't sound like it would be good business practice o_O... but it could happen.

$30.00 each vs 5 gold pieces each,
    you be the judge

~Time Lord~:)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    Lord Stein and Morgathys like this.
  3. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Imagine a system in which you had a rune book in which you inscribed the runes and even renamed them to suit your location description.
    Even more complex: you could buy blank runes and then mark them to recall to any spot in the game world, and even trade them with friends!

Imagine such a game...

4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Ultima Online is calling you back...

5. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Not even close TL.

Town Teleporters are basically Zone scrolls that look pretty but only go to one place.

He like many would like to go to our multiple owned houses directly.

Big Difference.

FrostII, Echondas, Adam Crow and 3 others like this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I have fond memories of the rune book system of Ultima Online. So many in the early days of this game were totally against fast travel, but I'm so happy that the devs made the compromise and added the teleport to zone scroll. If used correctly it is your window to all locations. Just add it to your non-combat bar and when unencumbered you can click on it to see all locations you've visited and a description of each if you hold the control key while mousing over a location. You can even filter locations such as to see all mines and which ore they have.

The discussions were sometimes heated on adding such a thing to this game because so many wanted trade routes and map travel to mean something to getting resources that were more rare and grown or found by region but that never happened and everyone can go everywhere pretty much.

So since we don't and won't have that type of game at this point we work with what we have. We have a big world and it's slowly getting bigger and that needs to be seen and accessed. It's also a broken up world. Having fast travel imo needed to happen. Map travel could and does have its uses. More uses could be added still imo. I did not like that we got an instanced divided world but we did. We have very few devs to make huge changes to the structure of this game at this time.

Luckily we are still getting QOL improvements as possible and Episode 2 is being worked on to the best of their abilities. With less than a handful of devs here still imo that is amazing. We can only hope for its completion and later hoping still for treasure hunting and boating to make it in.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Remember how much fun runebooks were? And the gate spell for groups?

8. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

And also when Pets not bonded, not recalled with you, you needed gates for your packis as miner :)

Duke Olahorand and Barugon like this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I don't doubt it's going to happen, but it sure is cheaper!..
    also a great loss of value! teleport sales, will also go way way down now!
    You also had to have purchased and placed a fast travel sign to accomplish the same thing, so that's $15 + $30 = $45 for each destination.

What this will do, is spread people's properties out as my own are (which all have many purchased teleports and fast travel signs). If I were in the service or marketing business, this change would hurt allot more than it will already. Lucky for me, I play to please myself, but I do have to keep reminding myself of that after having invested so much to accomplish the same exact fast travel.

I calculate my own value losses will be well over $5000.00+

[​IMG]
    ?
    That's a matter of perspective I guess...
    It will make our game more happy through improving game playability!

So, instead of jumping through one of my many teleports, it will be much easier to bypass what I've purchased and use a recal scroll to teleport to one of my many homes spread all over the map.
    And... I'll just have to keep reminding myself that...
    ...I play in my own way for my own pleasure and not for account re-sale value...
    and... I've lost more in Los Vegas... and the color of that is not green $, it's a shade of blue! o_O~TL~

10. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

What is being proposed wouldn't effect the teleporter sales at all. Teleport to Zone scrolls already made those teleporters useless a long time ago. They're just pretty deco items really.

If you want to make this change with recall scrolls help sales for the game, just have it cost crowns to increase your number of locations you can bind too. That will make way more money then they've ever made from selling teleporters.

FrostII and Lazarus Long like this.
  11. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I agree that progress is progress and that this change has been well needed, which is why many people purchased teleports and fast travel signs in order to accomplish the same exact function as what's being asked for.

:rolleyes: Costing coto per distination would a better implementation than a free ride, yet also comes to the rhetoric importance which is "free, which would help the game vs paying for each destination ability".

:rolleyes: Here we are in agreement that teleporters have been downgraded in value prior to this proposal, and the suggestion only further downgrades their value.

:rolleyes: This depends on the amount it's sold for if it's something that will be sold.

To egnore the downgrade in teleporter value this proposal (which is likely to happen) is wrong to do. To say that one is not a function which can be accomplished through the other is simply not true, yet multiple recal points are more direct in that same exact function.

There is always something that needs to be changed and things that will become obsolite through the advent of newer things with more defined function or ease of use.

To not recognize the devalue of a thing such as in this instance, is exactly like the blind belief in things that are not factualy true, which has become a persistent mental illness of choice within certain current modern world cults.

I don't oppose the suggestion, I only point out value being lost within teleports currently owned by players.

Anyone can lawyer the point: that a teleport and fast travel sign are not the same as a multi-destination-recal-scroll, but that doesn't make it truth.

Teleport + Fast Travel Sign Targeted = Multi-Destination-Recal-Scroll <---<<< that's truth with one acception, a property within NPC town cannot place a fast travel sign to target the teleporter to.

There is a loss in value within the teleports already purchased through this proposal.

There's only our purchased teleport's futures to be considered now, as their past usefulness is very dead when this multi-destination-recal is implemented.

Lord Stein likes this.
  12. Morgathys

Morgathys Avatar

I dont think that making the game more and more casual is the right path to follow..
    Casual games are not renown for their dedicated players

FBohler, Lord Stein and Time Lord like this.
  13. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

You keep ignoring the fact those teleporters in the store don't do the same thing that is being asked for. Why is that? I can't buy a teleporter that will let me teleport to any house I have in game, they just go to a general location and then you have to run to your house. This is a very specific request that isn't really related to what you are talking about.

If I have a house in owls head and Novia Market, I can't buy something that will allow me to teleport right to my house in owls head if I want to be binded in Novia Market. It's not possible. The request is for just that, increasing binds. The teleport items you keep talking about DO NOT DO THAT. It's not currently possible.

FrostII, Duke Olahorand and FBohler like this.
  14. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Step by step "How to Accomplish This":
    You simply place the fast travel sign beside your house, set your teleporter's destination to that fast travel sign post and that's how that's been accomplished for a very long time now, using items sold through the coto store.

The only acception to that are the NPC towns, where location to the entrance to those towns dictates their land values.

Facts matter, no matter how many times contary statements are posted. Teleports and Fast Travel Signposts do that in player owned towns, thus the requested change de-values those established asset's normal useful values.

Why do you keep saying that's not already possible?

Player owned towns and NPC towns are different and we choose to live in either one or the other, all for different reasons. One of those reasons is to have teleports take us strait to our house, which teleports targeted to a near by fast travel sign posts accomplishes.

[​IMG]

That's just a fact :cool:~TL~

Lord Stein and Morgathys like this.
  15. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Now we talk about how much per-destination slot multi-destination-recal should cost in the coto store?~
    [​IMG]
    "Now that the value facts have been clearly shown?"
    Or do we need more evidence?
    Should they cost anything?

"Is the value in :cool: owning the property to multi-recal to?"
    That's the real question in this when we speak of value. Shouldn't the binding to any lot require co-ownership? This would place the value in owning the property itself, which then needs no "per-slot" payments by anyone.

If the value is within owning the property, restricting multi-destination-recal to owner/co-owner only, then that's a great value which should equal that of established norms, because teleports have a public value and multi-destination-recal then have only personal value.

:rolleyes: That is fare barter value for everyone, without egnoring the facts in their real world monetary values!

Restrict lot binding to owner/co owner only, or this suggestion of multi-destination-recal infringes on the public use values of the established teleport+fast travel sign's functions. @Elgarion

*(Any player who does not own property is one of the newest players of our game and as such do not need multiple-destination-recal to properties which they do not own/co-own, which is why recal from lot binding to a property they do not own/co-own should be totally restricted so as to not infringe on the public usage value of teleporters)

Those are my view on it... or teleporters loose value in this suggestion.
    One is meant for public use and the other for personal use, and they should have clear differences without deminishing their own unique purchased values.

~Time Lord~

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
    Lord Stein likes this.
  16. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Because it isn't. Not everyone has tons of space or money to be able to place down tons of teleporters to make this work with multiple houses. For most players this just isn't realistic, especially if they are using multiple row lots. You would have to give up the house and make it an empty row and it still doesn't allow teleport to npc towns which is what I would want it for.

In general, they would make a lot more money with micro transactions for additional binds everyone can use for any house.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
    FrostII likes this.
  17. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

The value should not be sold in the coto store, that value should be in the land value itself, because more land begs for more to be purchased.

What is being asked for is not "just for NPC towns", it effects all towns. It adds value to the NPC town through taking away value from the player owned town's assets and reasons for advantage. NPC towns already have their own advantages, which are the surrounding buildings and NPC populations with their services.

Don't try and fool anyone hinting you are somehow helping the poor; You site "most players" not being able to afford such things which enable other players to accomplish teleportation from their homes to their other homes which are placed elsewhere, yet owning multiple properties is wealth and thus only the realm of the wealthy and thus you are asking this ability "for the wealthy".

Again, maybe this is a case of the global cult who don't believe facts.

I general, they would make allot more micro transactions enhancing multi-land owners to own more land thus creating a need to fill that land through more micro-transactions than just a simple store bought recal-upgrade. The upgrade should be just another function within land ownership, and not a free ride for anyone's friends to friend them to the land for the only purpose of binding to it.

But somehow they have enough to own many land deeds... "these poor players you speak of".

Then they need to aquire no more row lots and upgrade what they have to village or better before buying more row lots which offer little space to fill in with coto store deco.

Again, you would not have to give up your row house, instead, you would need to upgrade your row into a village or higher. If you are living in multiple homes spread out between multiple NPC towns, then you need to abandon the advantages of the NPC town and it's services and join a player owned town, with less services, yet with the services you wish to gain. I get that you want to have the same services as a player owned town without needing to pay the same amount to get those services. Everyone wants something for nothing, or less that what is availible which accomplishes what you wish.

• This is not about "the poor"
    • This is something player owned towns have that NPC towns don't have.
    • NPC towns have all the services without needing to invest anything, thus having an advantage and you want the player owned town's advantages too.
    • This is something player owned towns have invested in which you also want at a great discount to yourself.
    • You don't want a larger land deed, you want more row lots whith less space to fill with coto store deco.
    • You want to share this suggested advantage with your friends (binding all your friends to you lot), thus bypassing the need to buy what is currently nessesary or live where in a POT.

The Remedy is clear, as it is a personal ability and should not be shared with the owner/co-owner's friends, as that is what teleporters are sold for...
    What is asked for should be free of charge and just a change within the lot binding system, with restrictions that only owners/co-owners can bind to their lots.

But please, stop joking that somehow this is for "the poor". This is for the shop keepers and merchants, who are far from being "the poor" :D~TL~

Lord Stein likes this.
  18. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

You make some good points, but you don't have to be rich to have a couple lots. You get 2 for free, just for playing ;)

FrostII and Time Lord like this.
  19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Are you suggesting that you are somehow poor? :D I truly don't want to seem picking on you, as much of the opinion that has come to my mind to place on this subject has come from our rhetoric together.

I still find my own comfort in the above :rolleyes:

Our developers will make their better judgement and act upon it as always. I'm certainly not the best game maker in the world and I don't have to pay my real life apartment rent or home morgage from the proceeds of our game. That's how I know they will make as right a decision on it as our programers possibly can :D~Time Lord~

20. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

First things First.

Teleport to zone scrolls were around from the beginning. Teleporters were added WAY LATER ON.
    So a loss in value is not quite true as Adam stated "They're just pretty deco items really"

Second.....
    Yes FACTS MATTER.....

I can NOT place fast travel signs in NPC towns where MOST of my lots are located.
    Nor can I place them in other peoples POT's. While I can ASK a owner to place them there is no guarantee.
    So while you may think NPC towns are the only exception this is not necessarily TRUE

While you may make use of teleporters to get to a town from YOUR OWN TOWN ONLY that is all it accomplishes, Teleport to zone... as the original scroll does.

You don't have any loss in value as you say...

You play for your own pleasure.
    You made an investment in YOUR Towns. For Your Pleasure.

And Finally THIS

Ignoring the OP's ORIGINAL Request.
    Has nothing to do with all the above and teleporting to towns, But to SPECIFIC Lots that the player owns.

I LOVE Adams Idea of charging COTOS for more BIND SLOTS.

Of course

This would BE GREAT! Bring back the Old School Method of Travel.

Laz

FrostII, Barugon and Adam Crow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.