Recipes

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by isaboa, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. isaboa

isaboa Avatar

Hi everyone,
    I am trying to figure out how to make blacksmithing repair kit, web says i need 3 metal ingots and 2 leather when i put them on crafting table, the craft button does not light up what am i doing wrong ? any help much appreciated thanks :]

firesparx and Leelu like this.
  2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

You may have to buy a recipe for it. Owl's Head crafter by the public vendor may be carrying it.

firesparx and Leelu like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

you can no longer add tiems to the table and make it and learn the recipie, have to go buy it to learn it. Or have it taught to you if it is re-teachable.

You can no longer learn a recipie by placing items on the table

firesparx likes this.
  4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

That's not 100% true for some 'low tier' recipes... but is true enough that should probably be assumed.

As for repair kit recipes.. a lot of 'blacksmiths' should carry the blacksmith repair kit recipe.. Owl's Head still has the recipe vendors.. I'm pretty sure between the 3 of them they carry everything?

Leelu and LoneStranger like this.
  5. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

My best guess so far, is that the items that are re-teachable are also discoverable and are also the low tier items.

Next would be teachable items which are also on vendor recipes. I suspect eventually, items that are not teachable are going to be the ones that drop from mobs and adventure. Seems like a logical breakdown, but since nothing is on mobs yet, I guess I can only confirm the first one above. Someone did tell me that was correct for the cooking recipes they were testing, that re-teachable = discoverable. Anyone find this out to be differently in other crafting areas (or in cooking)?

6. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

I have yet to figure out the mechanic to teach. This thread is aptly labeled, hopefully not too off the OP. Is there a link or a quick description for the process? Thanks.

7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

It's the same as trading.. only you drag an emote or recipe from a list (or presumably your recipe book?) to the trade window.

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  8. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

@Bowen Bloodgood is correct.. I add this only because he said "presumably". Open a trade window, open your recipe book....look for those recipes which say either teachable or re-teachable and drag the icon into the trade window

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Recipe book is the 'b' key. I so often hit 'r' which does not work ;)

thoregundi likes this.
  10. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

You can change it to 'R' in options/controls if you want. I changed most commands(especially those around 'WSAD') to include a CTRL or ALT.

11. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

There are some they're missing, though off the top of my head I can only remember the taming collars and whistles. Other good spots for recipe buying are Solania and Sequanna Square in Ardoris (where the vendor for the collars and whistles recipes is).

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  12. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

also in Owls head next to the skills trainer

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  13. isaboa

isaboa Avatar

Thanks for all the help :)

14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Thanks. ;) and I think the reason was because of using 'r' for combat combos ;) I'm happy we can change up many things to make our keys work better for us :) Thanks for the comment and reminder ;) *cheers*

15. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

No worries! Would be nice if we could use more combos with key bindings; Alt+Shift+R = Recipe Book, Ctrl+Shift+<key you want to use>,Ctrl+Alt+Shift+<key you want to use>,etc. This would make custom configurations much better, and would suit many more playing styles. Anyway, with the 'R' for combat combos you can either change the key used to initialize combos or select the key binding in Control options and, instead of selecting a key to use it, hit the Delete key and it will totally unbind the key. You can still combo/stack spells by holding down the first key corresponding to the number of the Glyph on the display, then select the second Glyph. So, for instance, if you have the Fireball spell appearing on slots 1 and 3 of your deck, you can hold down the 1 key on your keyboard and then press the 3 key to stack them. Anyway, using the R key to combo/stack is inefficient compared to just using the number keys themseleves. Hope that helps! (^8

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.