recipies for crafting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michellia, Jan 28, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michellia

Michellia Avatar

So far as I can tell you now need the recipe before you can craft even if you know what you need to able to craft the item.

So I am in altwater next door to Ardoris.
    In Ardoris you can get recipes for Carpentry, tailoring and Alchemy.
    Why is there none fro blacksmithing and everything else.
    Do I really need to run through level 5 area's to get to owl's head.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

go to solace bridge, take the rift to owl's head when the moon is full.

..or go to one of many other smiths, thought it does appear there are none on the perennial coast. that might need to be a feedback request.

3. Lace

Lace Avatar

@Michellia
    You used to be able to 'discover recipes' by knowing what goes on the table. I have created a series of short 2 minute videos about recipes which can be found through I believe the official website now or from here:

and then

additionally that last video shows you how to navigate http://sotawiki.net/sota/Recipes

and be able to find what recipes you can get as well as where to get them. There are a couple more in the series but this should give you a good head's up for finding recipes.

Hope this helps.

moxiepilot likes this.
  4. Michellia

Michellia Avatar

Lace
    Thanks for the videos. Second was very interesting. but seems the wiki is not complete. I went to copper long sword blade
    http://sotawiki.net/sota/Copper_Longsword_Blade
    and there is no recipe location when clicking on recipe.
    People need to fill all this in.
    Might work for other items though

thanks again

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Yes, we are still working on getting everything in the system. I just got the yellow bundle items updated, and I'll add some links to those recipes as I can enter them, probably tomorrow. If you see anything else missing, don't hesitate to hit us up on the Wiki Update thread.

Edit: I fixed the recipe link there; the copper longsword blade recipe is available here: http://sotawiki.net/sota/Recipe:_Copper_Longsword_Blade

6. Michellia

Michellia Avatar

Since Ardoris is such a large city they should have a smith with recipes too. you need to travel half way around the world to get them. And always through level 5 area's.

econner likes this.
  7. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

I just came from there looking for blacksmith recipes. Quite a few but not everything I needed. Still looking for augmented recipes.

8. Browncoat Jayson

9. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Did you try the smith next to crafting pavilion? Weapons smith next to carpenter? Solania has armor/weapons smiths...

FYI, you can only discover the most basic recipes (if it says "re-teachable" it's basic), the wiki is so out of date, I wouldn't use it, nothing I've found on sites have been updated since they got rid of "discovery"...

They got rid of the vendors in Owls Head and retained the carpentry and magic vendors there... Take the ship outside of Kingsport to Britteny, you can go south to Etcetera, which has some vendors... Then take the ship to Arie, which has more vendors... Going this route you never have to go through any lvl 5 areas... If you have the gold, check all the player vendors along the way, be prepared to pay the price or hunt for yellow bags as loot, which is where the recipes are found now... If you bring your map up and do a mouse over, the NPC will show who they are...

You can only buy the most basic recipes now, like for iron/copper and the armors/shields are universal and only require "Metal" ingots, so just throw on any metal... It's the ingots/plates/wires/blades/heads in exotic metals you will need to buy from players or bags... Same goes for woods/threads/leathers, you will need to buy the recipes for exotic materials...

So you'll need to explore around all the major towns to find all the basic (teachable/re-teachable) recipes and check every weapon smiths/armor smiths you can find (I believe the shield vendor is in Arie)... Many can be reached wo/going through tough area, but the journey is much longer...

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  10. Browncoat Jayson

Every recipe that can be purchased is listed on the wiki and linked to the merchant that sells it. I verified them in R48 and will update them as they get added. Currently working on getting the R50 stuff updated. There are a few that the item is not correctly linked to the recipe that makes it (as was the one pointed out above), but those should be resolved soon.

The only way to keep everything accurate is for users to tell us when they find things that are wrong, rather than complain that it's not right. I'm happy to do the updates, once I know it's out of date. With over 20,000 pages to keep updated, it's easy to miss things. I'm sorry you feel it's not worth using, despite our efforts.

Lace and Alley Oop like this.
  11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

NONE of the weapon/armor/shield vendors have smithing recipes. they are all on actual smiths.

12. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Thanks for pointing that out, I've edited the post...:eek:

Alley Oop likes this.
  13. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I know it's a daunting task, you don't have to get "bent", sorry there's not more players to help with it, but the fact is the game has changed so much, and so fast, not too many people could keep up... If I was more than just a lowly player, I'd offer my help, but I'm sure you'd just jump on me for leaving out 1 word (as Alley Oop did)...:eek:

14. RedPhoenix

RedPhoenix Avatar

@Browncoat Jayson I appreciate your effort on keeping the wiki updated. It is not just recipes it is all SOTA info like weapon stats, cities, What vendors sell, and so much more. Especially since you have a day job also. I have maintained databases myself and know it works much better when people help instead of complain.

Nikko, Browncoat Jayson and Alley Oop like this.
  15. Michellia

Michellia Avatar

Thank you all for your replies.
    I will look at all your suggestion, and thanks for updating the wiki, 20,000 pages holy **** that's a lot, thanks for all your work in keeping them up.

Lace and Browncoat Jayson like this.
  16. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

That apparently still works for "Re-Teachable" recipes.

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  17. Lace

Lace Avatar

Hmmt that is interesting when I get time may have to see if this holds true across the board using and alt ..
    I know it was stated that the 'basic recipes' were still 'discoverable' but that is a broad term and in some ways invalidates the recipe packs that higher backers receive.

Thanks for the heads up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.