Recommendation: Update your Homes Information to avoid Mistakes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Myrcello, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Hello all.

I noticed that we had a Player purchase a Home without understanding that you need to purchase a Property Deed.

It should be made more clear that more cost is associated to being able to place a Home.

I would recommend to change the following Information you have at your Homes:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (NOTE: You will need a Village or larger Property to place this home in-game)

Not ready for a property of your own? Visit the Rent Services & Free Places to Live community forum to find places to live in New Britannia!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    into:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You need to purchase a Property Deed to place this home in-game. Link to Property Deeds
    (Acception: Homes that require only a Row House Lot - you can get one after finishing the Game for free)

Not ready for a property of your own? Visit the Rent Services & Free Places to Live community forum to find places to live in New Britannia!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this Information should be Highlighted in Color to pull the attention for that to the customer and the attention that further money needs to be invested. Instead of the opposite - not mentioning further money to be spend.
    The current Note does not clarify for the customer that a Village or Property in Game costs real money.

Just a recommendation to avoid this:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/well-that-was-stupid.144634/

There are far to many larger Homes that require more then a Row Lot you get at the end of the Game.

I think this change would avoid like above link Customers having a dissapointet feeling finding out they overlooked a higher cost required.

Kind regards

Myrcello

Derium, StarLord, Verit and 7 others like this.
  2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I just commented about this in the same post thread you are referring to. Yes, the info is there that you need the property to place the house... but I agree wholeheartedly that this warning should stand out a lot better so the customer can be more informed with their purchase.

I also think that part of the problem is that house deeds and property deeds are separate things. Many people coming from other games may not realize you need BOTH to place a house and may just assume they are different because they have the option to buy a house OR an empty lot.

Along with the changes suggested by @Myrcello , I think on the main "Homes" page of the addon store they should add a huge warning at the top that states that "Buying any home below will also require you to own a Property Lot Deed in order to place the home in-game." A link to the lot deed sales page could also be included here... but it might also be good to list all the options to get them (Lot Deeds page, Bundles page, main quest line reward, buying with COTO's, buying from other players, etc.)

K1000 likes this.
  3. Rotrap

Rotrap Avatar

More clarity is almost always good. I think seeing the price of the housing is a turn off for attracting new players and the in game options need to be made known to people browsing the site to learn about the game. Is it really at the end of the game they get the lot? My immediate thought on seeing something like that would be, why do I need it after the game is over. Maybe there needs to be an instanced option for cheaper housing. The rent needs to be something reasonable for the weekend warriors as well. The problem with this being used a fund raiser is that it does give one pause when they think about buying a game and then see multi hundred or even thousands of dollars for add ons.

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The rent for a Row Lot is basically free, if you speak with the Oracle daily....

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

...every other day.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I speak to her every morning?

Earth time.

Cordelayne and majoria70 like this.
  7. Rotrap

Rotrap Avatar

The weekend warrior is going to log in on the weekend, and maybe miss a weekend or two when they are on vacation if they travel. You made my point actually, it is cheap if you log in daily.

8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Oh certainly. For very casual people that might be hard on you. It’s still manageable though.

9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Shared housing still works. Rental rooms could use some more tech, but friend-shared/guild-shared stuff is not hard to set up, especially with tenant mode. But expecting personal lot housing to accommodate people who don't log in for months at a time is a bit of a stretch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.