Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Recreating my character, question about that XP Pool...

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by Fister Magee, Sep 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I would like to create a new character, and before I do, I'll be banking everything, so I can get my stuff back for the new character.. what happens to my gold on hand? Most importantly, do I get my xp pool from last release back, or perhaps I get a new one that is larger since I surpassed my last progress with my current character?

Does anyone know? It would be nice to know before I truly delete my current character, or am I better off just working on the different skills and let the others degrade or whatever?

2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

The reason I want to create a new character is because I want a completely different build..

It's too bad that we all start on the tutorial with the Blades skill pumped up by default... :rolleyes:

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

if you want a new build, just turn off all the skills you don't want and turn on the new skills. you won't get the pool back, so you're gonna have to build from zero either way, but keeping your char you get to keep any innates you want to

CrazyPhil and Fister Magee like this.
  4. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Yeah, I was thinking of all my innates, so I will go ahead and keep things... and try to respec this way.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well perhaps you can give your gold to someone to hold for you because you will lose it. At this time I don't believe you can put cash in the bank which does not make sense, but I am sure we will be able to one day. It is a bank after all;)

6. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Yes, I thought that was a strange thing to omit from being able to do at a bank.. I instead bought a bunch of upgrade slots on the bank :) And, I'm just gonna see what happens with this turning off the skills thing.. I hope it won't make my journey that much harder (or slower) starting from adventurer level 34, and switching skill trees completely... :) seems to me, you get a lump of points into that xp pool when you level up to a new adv leve? i dont get it..

majoria70 likes this.
  7. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Your bank is tied to your account, so the gold will all be there, but anything on your person will go, so if you want to keep it, put it in the bank... Your house and plot is also with your account (if they came with your pledge, not sure about bought in game), so they will be there for the new chr... I'm not sure about the skill pool though because the new chr wasn't in the DB before the skill wipe, I believe that only existing chrs were given a pool to work with when r21 started, so you maybe starting from scratch with that one.

I wouldn't worry though, this is all testing, so there will be more chr wipes in the future... I would experiment with your existing chr, as Alley Oop suggested... If you just want to re-spec your chr, turn things off and don't use them anymore, then buy new ones and see how your old skills decay (if they do)... report any odd things you find... If it doesn't work out, you can always delete the chr and start new...

Fister Magee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.