Recruiting: [SLUM] The most dangerous zip-code in SOTA!!!

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by KillingJoke, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KillingJoke

KillingJoke Avatar

EDIT July 29th: The Slums is now a two level city! We, in under two weeks of time, have already secured 30 players! Our website has received 100's of hits! We have amazing people working with us, to make this two tier city, the most amazing place in SOTA!

More updated plans and info are posted in later pages! All major news releases from here on out will be posted to www.TheSlums.net! We will keep up all information in this thread,
    so people themselves can witness the rising of a City!

The cap for recruits in the Guild [Slum] will remain at 100! If your not on the list now, register. the guild will be 100% gold profit share! Start receiving gold from day one of launch!
    More details on this coming!

With the numbers and buzz we have generated in such a short time, months away from the game launch, we expect to fill over 600 housing lots before launch! Who would not want to live in this community? It will offer everything for any-type of player!

We are in the works on the design of this mega city with the SOTA design crew! As i have said from day one, get in now! 'new' news will always be coming out daily!

Updated Housing options:
    1: Get a lot in the upper city (Town+ only size) <we plan on this begin non pvp, vendor based
    2: Get a house plot in Slum, this will always be the most dangerous place to live in Sota
    3: Already have your house and lot deed purchased for placing outside our city, become part of the Slum City Community, and receive a plot for your second home, right in action central!
    4: Join guild [SLUM] and receive all the benefits that come with that. limited to 100!
    Could this include a special, slum city area, house plot option???? Humm....

Bring your whole guild! Huge perks for any guild that wants to live in the Slums community's! Above or below ground! Idea for a player run event, by your guild, lets hear them!

A: Craft guilds! We need one! To supply the whole city with items for use and sale! You gain exclusivity for all things crafting in the city area! Mega Gold potential! Live in the nice above ground section, free from assault, unless you wander below!
    B: Vendor guild, same as above, receive exclusivity for a major vendor hall in our community!
    (above ground)
    C: Gangs, war mongers, pks', bring your guild small or large, and claim a whole block of Slum! Protect it, organize events on it! Gang warfare within the underground city? You betcha'! We will accommodate any idea we can!
    D: Have a idea for your guild in our community, top level or underground? Let me know about it, we will support your ideas!

KJ

This was the first post, the beginning of slum city!

Guild idea! Looking for people to help launch it NOW!

Goal:
    A metropolis purchase (ASAP)
    120+ 4 Story Row houses
    Flagged PVP 24/7

Idea:
    To own a Metropolis, just as close to a major city as we can get. Setup the town like a barren wasteland. Row house layout, like a SLUM. The citizens are SLUM member's. We will make this the most dangerous zip-code in Sota. Complete chaos within our boundary. A place for others to fear. A place for others to come get destroyed, 24/7. We will also have arena fights with real time 'Gold booking' every week. Every member (up-to 120) gets a 4 story row house to use for however long they are in the guild (you bring/keep the deed). We want players that stick! We will war all takers, big or small. We can mass numbers or fight with small elite groups, 2 v 2 up-to 40 vs 40 +++. Our town will be the center for all PVP action in SOTA period. 24/7 7 days a week. We will create and welcome conflict in our boundary's and beyond.

All derelicts welcome!

Who has the time, money, experience to help? If you cant swing a Big Mack meal in life, we have nothing to speak about. Get a job! This is an adult run guild, This is a big undertaking, This cost money, The Slum leaders go back to OLD UO days. Guild fees are one time, only for the purchase of the Metropolis. After that is purchased, no more payments of any kind. One time deal! NO OPEN RECRUIT AFTER GAME LAUNCH, we will close up tighter then a nats butt! Get in now!

Starting August 1st, we will be excepting backers for this guild. All backers receive lifetime use of a row home, full guild benefits (extensive), living in ground zero, for everything pvp in sota. Everything acquired will remain in possession of the guild [SLUM] for the entire life of the game! Come help build a [SLUM]

Take note clowns: We do not care what you think about our plans. If you don't like it, refrain from sissy forum post chatter, just suit up and come visit. Bring a big stick with you.

If your ready to run with the best, Quote this message, with a simple i'm in...we will get more details for you asap. Pm me your email.

No half hearts, full in, or go ride a pink rainbow bear around the game, while you wish you could live in a SLUM

All vet players! Lets get this done right for a change! We have many many ideas for the future.

Leaders needed! Get your vile butts over to the Sota Irc if your interested!
    irc.ultimacodex.com, port 6667 #SotA
    Listen up for our commercial & war cry...Soon, on AvatarRadio.com!

EDIT: SEE PAGE #3 FOR A NEW JOB POSTING! Web Design!

Mata, Brian, monxter and 11 others like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I don't like clowns either. Will SCUM put all clowns on a kill on sight list? What will you do if clowns attempt to disguise themselves as non-clowns?

3. KillingJoke

KillingJoke Avatar

Your our first tinker bell! ;}

4. Biblik

Biblik Avatar

Haha this is awesome if this idea comes to fruition I will definitely place a row house here.

5. KillingJoke

KillingJoke Avatar

we will keep ya posted, thxs for the support!

blaquerogue and Burnden Park like this.
  6. Silk

Silk Avatar

About time, send the movers over.

7. KillingJoke

KillingJoke Avatar

Thxs Silk, we will keep you in the loop

8. Drocis the Devious

Where on the map would you plan to place your Metropolis?

Burnden Park likes this.
  9. KillingJoke

KillingJoke Avatar

Good question, No answer! ;) Yet!
    Except: We will place it as close to a major city as we can.

If you have something in mind, let me know.

10. Drocis the Devious

I think your idea of building a large scale housing project for people with row houses is actually very good. But I'm not sure it makes sense to just stick it into the middle of no where. You have to think a few moves in adavance.

Why would people come to your town? Certainly not so they could get a free ganking. :)
    How would your townspeople survive in a lawless town? Could they even afford to pay their in-game taxes if there's really no way to stay safe within the town by design?

The best thing you have going for this idea, as I see it, is that there will be TONS of players with row housing looking for a home. And while the allure of being able to do whatever you want will be appealing to many of them, I'm not sure that it will be sustainable...for reference see any MMO with completely open pvp that's ever been made. :)

So if it were me, and I were trying to create a lawless town of chaos, I'd make sure I put that bad boy as close to rare resources as possible, and that probably means that you want to be somewhere close to the town of "Hilt" if you're on the mainland.

If you can swing an island or a coastal town...you'd want to be the only available port (once ships come out) so that people HAD to goto your town because it's too far to skip it. Pirates and traders could take the extra risk to stop briefly there, and that might give your playerbase enough traffic to keep them from going flat broke and leaving for the mainland.

Best of luck to you.

11. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Hey I might not be one of you guys because I'll probably role play a goodie goodie. However, this is great!

Being a group of thugs maybe you guys can make trips to PvP zones together to mine rare resources so you can sell stuff on your black market.

Also a slum like this definitely needs its redlight district. Even deserts has to have whore'in.

12. KillingJoke

KillingJoke Avatar

Th
    We already have a well thought out plan for the ultimate 'game gold' live bet booking operation.... with arena fighting weekly. If the SOTA team gives us red lights to put up in the city, bet the bank we use emm! ;}

13. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Will you guys allow somewhat respectable types to come join in your PvP tournaments too? (Like the wandering Ryu, type warrior who has honor and stuff, but likes to look for fights everywhere...)

14. KillingJoke

KillingJoke Avatar

Arena nights will be open to all fighters and gamblers. Can't promise all the fights will be 100% Str8'.....might be a little 'business' between combatants, impossible to control, but that could be a good thing if you have the inside line!

The betting/payouts on all fights will be on the up and up, gold will be posted right before each of the fights. We will have people working the arena floor, booking bets, real time.

Think old style cock fight type betting, then your close!

blaquerogue, Isaiah and Burnden Park like this.
  15. Beli

Beli Avatar

I will help support this, But I will be playing the role of clown. We see how well you do against a killer clown.:) Great idea KilingJoke!

16. KillingJoke

KillingJoke Avatar

[Slum] will grant you, and only you, permission to wear anything that you like, as long as it resembles a clown suit, while in the Slums.

We will keep you updated.

Brian, blaquerogue and Burnden Park like this.
  17. KingPramus

KingPramus Avatar

My god this is awesome.....

18. KingPramus

KingPramus Avatar

I predict many visits to this place. Too bad I've already committed to a guild.

Burnden Park likes this.
  19. Beli

Beli Avatar

I dont think it will matter if you are in a guild already. If you want to visit then do so, just be prepared.

blaquerogue, Kaisa and Burnden Park like this.
  20. Lord-Galiwyn

Lord-Galiwyn Avatar

Im IN!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.