Recruiting: [SLUM] The most dangerous zip-code in SOTA!!!

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by KillingJoke, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

Looking forward to killing you guys :D

Drocis Fondorlatos likes this.
  2. KillingJoke

KillingJoke Avatar

Why kill us, join us! :D

Vendetta Beretta likes this.
  3. KillingJoke

KillingJoke Avatar

Thxs for the ideas! We shall see

4. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

He has a point Spaz. Why not make friends with the tough crowd? If you can't beat us, you may as well join us!

5. KillingJoke

KillingJoke Avatar

I can see spaz now, tuff as he is, running down into Slum city alone, no connections within the community, receiving fire balls from every row house he passes!
    If he lives through that, he might just venture into a guild run area of the city, filled with gangs! If he lives through that encounter, maybe we makes it into town center, were he will have zero shot of surviving that onslaught. We really hope that he and many others try it on for size and get back with us on how it turned out! :D Nothing easy about life down in the Slum, is the whole motto of this area, are you hard core enough to live in a area like this?

We are still in planning to determine how citizens will be told from non citizens. the idea is to make it very tuff for just anyone to stroll down our underground streets, unless your a citizen. Even if your a citizen, parts of the city will be hard for you to walk around in also! These parts will be controlled by guilds, protecting their part of the city. But we welcome and hope many will try 24/7 in game!

Want to start a guild, and control a city block? Let us know, we will support you getting it started!

KJ

6. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

Truth of the matter is, even the top city can have a battle in it without being flagged for PvP. If Spaz (as sweet as he is) enters the first city, and he has the blessing of the oracle flagging him full-time PvP, then he might find out that he may never make it to see the wonderful city of SLUM.

Although I hope people are more lenient in the upper town so that the lower town can fill it's tummy with the bones of foolish men.

No offense Spaz. You're a great guy and all but we have to have standards.

7. KillingJoke

KillingJoke Avatar

That's a good point. Heck' good ole Spaz might not be able to live long enough to shop in the vendor section of the upper city, with a pvp flag on!
    Poor Spaz' crying about not begin able to buy his Ep2, pink unicorn, in our stables! [:

Just whisp' me man, i'll send up the pink uni' guard crew, for your protection, at a price! :p

8. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

That's brilliant! What if certain people who have been aggressive to us in the past, but want to come into town to buy something... we can have them message you or another ranking guild member in advance and charge them "insurance"! (watching them closely but not harming him as long as the policy is valid.)

We are a totally understanding bunch right? So they fought and killed a few of our people before, but if we have goods that other places don't, they might want to do business. I don't think any of us would mind to let the past be the past while he is buying expensive stuff off of our friendly vendors. I mean business comes first. Everybody kills somebody sometimes, let the offender pay insurance, and double insurance if they want to come down stairs for one of our gatherings.

If we had an insurance open door policy like this, even if they attack us after paying the insurance at the gate we still made a profit as a town/guild. Or you make the profit. Either way it's a hell of a racket. (also we can have terms to the policy. Terms that mean it can be invalidated by attacking a person, or even making an insult).

9. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Not joining any Playertown, but wanted to say i love your idea.

As the development is currently focused on PvP maybe not the right time.
    But for the design of the Slum City - Row Houses only i would recommend you push a Suggestion for Corner Connecting Row Houses.

I love Row Houes and them providing finally more City like medieval towns.
    But i currently think that they still Need to go the last 5% to make it perfect.

Point 1.

Due to the lack of different type of corner row Houses, or a solution that the side walls are not decoratet with Windows and balkcony and stylign if the stand free you may end up with alot of such views in your city:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Empty Walls.

All other houses, that are not row houses are wonderful to look at from no matter what Corner you are looking at them.
    The row houses are currently not designed to have a alternative view with balkony and Windows if the side of them is free. Of course you can plan your City map trying to avoid many turning curves. Leading of course to very Long streets.
    But if you plan to make a Slum City with many curves, like a Slum should be, you will end up with many of such emtpy walls to look at.

I hope we may find a way to get portalarium to find a solution for it before release. I call it the last 5% steps to make Row Houses and Cities be perfect.

Point 2.

I have no 100% resource if the outside of the Row Houses can be decorated.
    Many told me that somewhere Darkstarr did say it will be not.

That would be futile for the hole charm of your Slum. You would end up with endless rows of undecorated houses . Naked.

But to give you hope. I did find a decorated Entrance Area of a Row House in Kingsport. I still hope to see a posting soon from a Developer who can confirm that Row Houses can be decorated outside.
    Like this:

[​IMG]

That is all i wanted to say about the plan of a Row House City only.

This is the thread we are talking about it.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-houses-to-owls-town.12837/page-2#post-220418

10. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

We can have tiers of insurance. Why not let some new outsiders come in and we can offer them optional insurance for their protection. We don't want to kill everybody in the overland city, but hey it might happen. If somebody is flagged PvP they should have a chance to buy insurance just in case they get into an accident.

I wonder how we would keep track of who is insured? Maybe we can have people rotate at the front enterance. And people at the enterance of the other gate. If they enter the underground with a light spell we can assume they got marked as having no insurance, and kill on sight. Something like that?

*Maybe we can have a zone wide chat message that lets us know if somebody is insured or not. We still want business so we can't kill everybody in the upper town. (AT LEAST NOT DURING THE DAY TIME! NIGHT MIGHT BE DIFFERENT. WE COULD HAVE A WARNING ABOUT NIGHT TIME IN THE BIG CITY. AT LEAST WE WARNED THEM... then they might want to buy insurance if they think they will take to long.)

Myrcello likes this.
  11. KillingJoke

KillingJoke Avatar

Well, that is the type of input we appreciate! Good points. I'm not too worried about the outside. It will be narrow streets and houses. I will take a look at how they connect, and things of that nature once we get closer. I'm still talking with the crew about how the city will be run. The devs will get everything right.

Thanks again! KJ

Myrcello and Vendetta Beretta like this.
  12. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

How about having every type of important vendor. Since we don't need guards down under, so we should have more NPC slots for vendors. It would be a good lure to have a bunch of reagents vendors and stuff, so people know they can find supplies in our town. Just a thought.

Gaelis, KillingJoke and Myrcello like this.
  13. KillingJoke

KillingJoke Avatar

Humm, carrot on a stick. If you want to shop the best stocked vendors in game, you need to come down under to do it. We could prob. place a few select vendors
    in the Slum city, center circle. Just another perk for our citizens!

On a side note: I just read this posted by the Dev team in the update news section.

"Player Owned Towns continue to be quite popular, with 46 of them already pledged for! Players have proposed some great ideas such as the larger Metropolis and being able to set the PvP status. This week,community member KillingJoke requested an underground Player Owned Town that he could place beneath his above ground Player Owned Town. This was an intriguing idea so the devs huddled up and discussed the feasibility of it. In short order it was decided to do it, so now players will be able to chose an underground or above ground version of their Player Owned Town (or, like KillingJoke, one of each)!"

We citizens of Slum City push the limits everyday. Come be a part of this community! We have many more ideas we haven't even spoke of, yet! Get in early!

KJ

Gaelis and Myrcello like this.
  14. Robby

Robby Avatar

Im thinking there should be occasional spawn in certain parts of town like zombies, skeletons, or sewer rats. Maybe even a mini sewer dungeon with alligators and serpents. All just low tier spawn that would act more like a prop to give an eerie feeling of danger lurking around every corner. And not danger just from humans. Perhaps once in awhile there will be events were theres even stronger spawn that carries alot more gold and loot than normal.

15. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Definitely "Cuckoo".

SLUM is certainly an ambitious plan : Two $5000 metropolis zones stacked on-top of each other.

If it ever does come to fruition I would totally have a walkthrough in-game one day (In single-player mode that is, those guys are *Crazy*). :)

16. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Yeah, still stand by original comment: *Crazy*! :D

(Seriously though, I hope it all works out, I think the concept is amazing).

17. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

Well anybody else can now have an undergound city, and we know that anybody can double the size of their city by linking the cities together. So it is really a win win for everybody.

Duke NRaas likes this.
  18. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

Actually I just checked the SLUM website and it is offline.

mbomber likes this.
  19. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

Maybe someone will pick up this idea, a PvP town with underground. Even it would not be as big it was planned, the idea to have a "Slum" in SotA is great .
    So fingers crossed :)

20. Biblik

Biblik Avatar

Sooo here are my $0.02 on the matter...

OP promised me a Town Lot and a Town House (>$500 value) to build the website and be the admin there. I figured it was a trick but went along with it in the possibility that it wasn't after confirming that it was indeed a lot... Then the post was deleted and it was reposted that it was a Town PLOT on the website.

Basically I was being told that there was a mystery 'backer' that was going to pay for everything in hopes of making money off the game somehow but as the second metro was 'added' and all this stuff I could see it going downhill. I am definitely for a similar town idea but the whole two metro and how everything went down wasn't something I wanted to be associated with. If anyone else has similar plans (for a slum city, not the acitons taken!) you should speak up because there seem to be a lot of interested parties.

Drocis Fondorlatos and Jambot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.