Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Red Spiders Sound Like Other Creatures

Discussion in 'Release 36 Bug Forum' started by Traveller13, Dec 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

12/2/2016 5:59 PM
    -Title: Red Spiders Sound Like Other Creatures

-Reproduction Rate: Sometimes

-Blocker: No

-Details: While in the Mysterious Swamp going after my preferred creature, the red spider, some started sounding like wolves. On rare occasions, I think they make a hissing sound associated with some undead.

-Steps to Reproduce: Stay in the Mysterious Swamp and go after the red spiders there. Listen to the sound they make.

In the case of the wolf sound, there was a super avatar in the scene doing wholesale slaughter of everything. I could hear him going all over the scene due to the no sound attenuation bug. He was killing things at least 10 to 1 over me. He managed to have a bow that acted like a machine gun, while I just had my sword. So, yeah, sure, whatever. Anyway, I think the program may have been overwhelmed on respawns. First some, then most, then perhaps all, spiders I fought started to sound like wolves.

In the case of the undead hiss, that happens every once in a while-- perhaps one in a hundred, if that often. I'd have to do a video capture to make sure that's what it is. However, it is not a sound that I normally hear from the spiders.

-User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32689
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8144
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.511.Date.11.21.16
    Area: swamp01
    Area Display Name: Mysterious Swamp
    Loc: (36.8, 19.0, 14.5)

2. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

Okay. I was just in the Mysterious Swamp, nearing the end of my visit there. I'd been in there for a couple of hours. All the spiders I encountered during that time sounded like spiders. I heard the sound of a female archer avatar somewhere in the scene. It sounded as if she was in the wolf area to the right of the main entrance to the scene. The next red spider I fought sounded like a wolf. The large red spider after that played the sounds of both a wolf and a human female. Which was disconcerting, as if I were dealing with some sort of Lovecraftian creature. Anyway, after those two battles, I no longer heard the sound of the other player in the scene. Presumably she left. The half dozen or so spiders I fought after that all sounded like spiders. I then left the scene.

Could sound channels, or whatever, be getting mixed up when other players are in a scene?

3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I went back in for another visit to the Mysterious Swamp. There was a female avatar battling the wolves, using lightning. The spiders I fought while she was in the scene made wolf sounds and human female sounds. One wolf I battled also made a human female sound once. This occurred until she left the scenes, at which time the expected sounds came from the animals.

4. hsmckee

hsmckee Avatar

Bug Logged. Bug ID38025

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.