Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Regarding "The path of (name)" Quests as discussed by LB & Lum during yesterdays Telethon

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Dvin Andor, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dvin Andor

Dvin Andor Avatar

After completing the "Path of love" quest last week and discovering during the discussion at yesterdays telethon that Anapa would be having effects added and that Malice would be given some love, I felt somewhat disappointed that I would not get the "Full Experience".
    However, I did hear it mentioned about a possible 1 time reset which would be great but also heard a counter where someone mentioned "How are we to test these things and give feedback if can't reset"

As a solution to the resetting of the quest chain would allow players to earn extra xp, I would like to suggest that upon reset a prompt to deduct the overall xp from the players xp pool in order to be able to redo it until such time as it being finalized.

This would allow for people to test where others may be experiencing issues and also allow for those who have done to gain the full experience of the quest once polished.

I would like to take this opportunity to point out one issue I had in particular during "The path of love" chain, which is upon trying to secure passage to "Malice" that I was sent on somewhat of a wild goose chase. By this I mean that you are directed by if I remember correctly the NPC undertakers assistant that you will find the undertaker at the docks or on his ferry.
    After floating back and forth between the docks and said NPC and even waiting for night to roll around incase he was only active then, I discovered that he was in the INN which is somewhat misleading and although I have time on my hands which wasn't such a great issue for me, I can see for those with little time to play perhaps being fairly annoyed by such.

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Unfortunately just "deleting XP" wouldn't be a workable solution - having banked XP (such as the 100K XP for finishing a Path chain) accelerates skill gain, for example. This is why we're only going to offer a one-time reset (and just treat the additional XP as a bonus/thank you for assisting with testing and development).

If you are annoyed by the storyline quests being incomplete you should not be playing them! Because they are incomplete!

3. Dvin Andor

Dvin Andor Avatar

Thank you for your reply, Lum. Point taken.

I am merely suggesting that for anyone who has limited time to play then this could be frustrating and given how it were opened up to a "free trial" then such as this just opens the door for more negativity in forums outside of your control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.