1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 1 Postmortem and Breakdown

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Dec 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePompousPeasant

ThePompousPeasant Avatar

Interesting read! Thanks Chris and the devs for putting in the extra effort to bring us a testing session.

2. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

being a server admin (for websites - one a very busy ecommerce site right now) I can fully appreciate what you said here. a lot of it made perfectly awesome sense!

pre-optimizing though, won't that cause issues with subsequent releases that might bloat memory? just sayin.

otherwise - I'm feeding more $ every two weeks now - you guys deserve it!

3. Adenan

Adenan Avatar

Charging sounds good. ;)
    Had a lot of fun!
    Thanks for alle the hard work to the entire team :)

4. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

Thank you Chris I enjoyed the read, thats the stuff I was looking forward to getting a little more understanding about.

5. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Excellent work, all of you. SotA is going great.

6. Nystyl

Nystyl Avatar

I am also one of the females created, thanks for the info :) I had some idea what had to happen behind the scenes but it is much clearer. SQL was always my particular bugaboo o_O

7. Mastrix

Mastrix Avatar

I have to say, that release went REALLY well - from my perspective anyway. I'm also quite impressed with the player base. I noticed a lot of high quality bugs, and I noticed a lot of people really testing the game. I have to admit that the idea of players creating some of the content, and the players being deeply involved in testing the content, made me rather skeptical. However, after the 20th time or so I went to write up a bug and noticed it had already been written (and sometimes better than I would have written it), I started to realize you might be on to something here. That was a really impressive release, for R1. Kudos!!

8. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

This is why Chris is awesome

9. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Another reason Chris is awesome is that he once said that he likes playing games, but he spends most of his time analyzing the game and trying to figure out what the developers were doing to make the game function the way it does.

So in other words Chris loves his line of work, and that makes him a great person to be working on SotA, and he's smart which helps too.

Mishri likes this.
  10. Mark Twomey

Mark Twomey Avatar

Didn't play release 1 and haven't posted in months, but Chris's updates are always worth the reading time.

tekkamansoul, Isaiah and Mishri like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.