1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 10 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stile

stile Avatar

/fps seems to be gone, or is it just me? Need to update the ref card but thought id check into it first :)

2. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Hmm...it was working yesterday o_O (Averaged between 15 - 20 fps with "good" graphics.) Don't know about today, though, still reinstalling....

3. smack

smack Avatar

Yep, just tried it. Seems to be gone since recent patches.

4. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I seem to be noticing a lot claimed but completely vacant lots this release, devs should imo implement a system whereby if a lot is claimed but lies vacant for 30 mins it becomes for sale again.

5. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

People are making enough gold to buy a property deed, then making enough to buy a house. At least that's what I did.

blaquerogue likes this.
  6. smack

smack Avatar

If housing continues to not be a focus in R11, they may just do that or jack up the prices even higher. While that would ensure we don't have endless neighborhoods of ghost towns, it would suck for the player towns that are highly active and are running community events during the releases.

7. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

Ah right, I didn't bother with housing this release but that does make sense now, I figured once you bought the deed this release you could chuck what ever property would fit on it. This makes sense now as to why there was so many vacant properties.

@Smack - Reading through the posts in this thread and came across this from Starr, "In R11 / R12 we hope to hook up pledges to characters so your character will start with your pledge rewards. " so by the sounds of it next release or perhaps the one after we should be right to just select and place the lots our rewards entitle us to. I like this it will hopefully give us a better idea of how towns will look, as right now most people seem to place the knight Marshall home on village lots should give us some more variety.

8. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I would imagine that prices will be a lot higher when the game launches, just too easy to get a house right now.

9. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

LETS GO ALL WEEK

Arianna likes this.
  10. djshire

djshire Avatar

I got my hat, but had several technical difficulties, some which be on my end (not enough ram, running OSX 10.6.8), but I had several game related issues. Still wondering if the hat will show up on my account at the end of all this.

11. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I wouldn't worry about it. They are no doubt keeping copious logs so verifying who completed the quest shouldn't be a problem.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  12. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

@Darkstarr could we get a direct download link to the patched game included in the next instructions for Release 11? This will help me greatly get into the game!!

Lord Lonn and smack like this.
  13. Pashta

Pashta Avatar

My game bugged out last night and I couldn't finish the quest because my avatar was stuck. I only made it to two areas. Can I still get the hat, PRETTY PLEASE???

14. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Pashta contact support@portalarium.com and include some of your crash logs (if you can) and system specs. Let them know you were unable to complete the quest. Any and all information about crashes and the system the crashes happened on are helpful. This way the devs can try and figure out why the crash(es) occurred.

15. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Careful what you wish for. My avatar looked like Howie Mandel when he put that hat on!

16. djshire

djshire Avatar

Current Mandel or 90s Mandel?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.