1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 11 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

Some of the deco items aren't showing up on the deco vendors.

2. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Thank you for pointing this out Jack however we are still working on the final build so this list is what WILL be in the build tomorrow, not necessarily what Dev+ folks are seeing now (which is at this point almost 48 hours old).

3. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

So much fun already being had... I look forward to so much more! Thank you My Liege!

So - *now* we know what happened to the "miles and miles of sheep..... and other wild and domestic life... told you it wasn't me!

All I can say is..... THANK YOU!

I look forward to cooking --- PIE! ~grins from ear to ear~ I also feel it is right to practice on Apples before producing Pie fit for serving Kings.

Although perhaps... we should all keep hold of our feline friends a little more closely? Just Sayin! Just Saying!

4. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

yup not very creative there Sota Team :(

apart from that very nice job doubt Ill play the release thou Ive just been nagging lately Ill wait for the beta I guess

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  5. TroubleMagnet

TroubleMagnet Avatar

Are we supposed to have our backer rewards this time? I don't have any of the items in my inventory like previous releases and /bank does nothing. Be nice if we got our deeds too so we don't have to grind gold to try housing.

6. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

Am I missing something with the Steam install? I went into the desktop client and I cant find anything that says to install SoTA, it says I have the license but I can't install it.

7. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

**Tried to edit but it wont work. I found the SoTA install finally!! Yay!!!

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  8. DarkStarr

Thank you for your support. All your backer rewards are tied to your account (which is not yet tied to your character). We hope to have this functioning by R12 next month but nothing is set in stone. Welcome to early access to a pre-alpha product!

Filthy Peasant, Mata, E n v y and 6 others like this.
  9. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

If we will not be able to enter every hex the world is effectively shrunk. This is as I understand the new overworld wilderness scene strategy. I hope that I missunderstand something and all hexes will be filled with different scenes ready to explore and adventure as soon as they are done.

Kirthag and Gaelis like this.
  10. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

No, I think they meant that there would be fewer scenes in favor of quality over quantity (and load times).

11. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

mikeaw1101, yes that's most likely the reason for the new strategy and I am all for quality as well.

I also read DarkStarr's post again but I am still under the same impression.
    Because only designated hexes (with landmarks and names) will be open for entering while other will not is reducing the quantity of explorable hexes and shriking the actual size of novia.

My main concern about the new scene strategy is that one can see and walk over areas on the overland map but not entering and explore them.
    This possibly could break immersion even more than the overland map / scene splitting did for some people.
    And it's definitey not in the sense of a sandbox type rpg.

DarStarr and Dev's, please think about that :).
    Thank you.

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
  12. Numa

Numa Avatar

I"d like to express my great appreciation for putting SOTA in Steam. Having pledged for 3 games ( Star Citizen, SOTA & Dreamfall Chapters) it's been difficult and a bit of a challenge to use 3 different clients (with all their idiosyncracies). Now that Dreamfall Chapters & SOTA are on Steam my frustration in keeping up with the updates (specially after migrating to a new laptop) has been cut down by 2/3.

Now I have just have to wait for the day when Chris (Roberts) finally decides that SC is ready for Greenlighting and then I"ll be in installation heaven :)

13. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

Most of the changes in thought I'm digging, but I am with others in that removing the ability to explore hexes seriously limits the gathering potential for those who don't get into combat - but would rather be peaceful crafters - thus limiting the world's potential for exploration, adventure and otherwise peaceful living.

Jus' saying.

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
  14. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Good points. I don't know what the problem with night is when people are willing to crawl around dungeons for hours on end. Besides, a permanent unbalanced day and night is artificial. Based on planetary tilt and the continent's position, day and night length should fluctuate with the seasons. Night time mechanics make this even more important to consider, yes.

Ravenclaw [BEAR] likes this.
  15. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

I prefer the nighttime scenes and am disappointed that it was made shorter as well. I have been looking forward to the "moon magic" skills to be implemented in the skill trees and wonder now how shortening the nighttime is going to affect these skills when they are done. If night time is made shorter then this will put anyone using the "moon magic" skill tree at a disadvantage, no?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

KuBaTRiZeS, Vyrin and Leos like this.
  16. lightengine

lightengine Avatar

As far as STEAM.
    I see you have fallen into their Monopolisation of our PC world.
    It is understandable that you believe you can’t survive this ill gotten world without being ruled upon by tyrants, I would of thought a prominent person who was superior has left his own ruling behind, but has now sort to be pushed into a force of unrelentless obstruction.
    Steam is in my view a parasite, preying on devs to use it as the only platform. yes it may make you funds. but this shows your weakness, you’ve now come to believe you can’t go it alone, even though you have done so. It seems to me you have gone with peer group pressure a bulling or sorts, You now seem as if you got to do this or miss something… the fact is its greed… I believe those devs that stand aside & outside of STEAM are the winners, defiance is a battle won hard. They are not held to an authority of rule, an authority of an monopoly, that which Steam has created.
    On a personal view & in a slight medieval terminology.
    I have to use STEAM.
    I do not want to use STEAM.
    I just like to maintain my farm, but STEAM holds the lore of games I love & stand firm on, I’m held within their high almighty castle, their lord is a tyrant, they are dammed by us all, the lord is spitting on the peasants & forcing them into slavery twitch is blatant, they set upon the newly masters called devs, who want to rule & prosper as well. A force is riding under the cloaks of the poor & in time the castle called STEAM will fall & fail, as one day we will be free again to our farm our pastures as we wanted to.
    Let the PC Player be free from shackles of HELL.
    P.s.
    I do not understand the rejoice to be chained & imprisoned.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  17. Plan

Plan Avatar

Hi!
    I have problems with calling game.
    After input of login and the password writes:
    "User accounts must have Dev+ Access in order to play. Please visit our website for details about how to gain this status."
    I got a package Royal Artisan
    You can help me with this problem?

Thank you.

18. demuntus

demuntus Avatar

Hi Plan!

I have the same problem as well.. I am at digital Explorer though. If you manage to solve your problem do let us know! :)

19. DarkStarr

As we have stated repeatedly Steam is an option, not a requirement.

20. DarkStarr

As clearly stated at the very beginning of the post the game will open for everyone at 10:30 AM Central Time (16:30 GMT)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.