1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 11 staying open for testing longer duration

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I know it's the only place he can go ;)

2. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

After 13 releases, I've been trained like a dog. Leaving the game up longer feels wrong for some reason. DON'T DO IT! Pre-Alpha for life!

3. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

he flat out said there may be wipes? In the op.

also there is not a 'no wipe' policy for r12. Again, flat out said there may (i. e. most likely) be wipes in the hangout for post r12 release.

4. Silvanus

Silvanus Avatar

Ahhh ... more time to explore the world as an armored tank instead of a thoughtful mage as originally planned. It's nice not having to run from everything that moves for a change:eek:

5. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Wipes because, Probably something like.
    They're working on different data than what we're playing with, they have it done & ready for testing, but there are more things or the same things are/act differently, etc so should they spend an additional 4 days making a program to merge changed data with live data or wipe & spend those 4 days moving forward. Are we building a game or are we done.

As for player characters & all their skills, gold, items on them, save them, for the sake of chaos (they'd never expect it) save the avatars

Sophi likes this.
  6. Jayfire

Jayfire Avatar

Is there anyway you can fix owl's head, I have tried entering around 50 times from different computers and with steam or direct download with different graphics settings and have been unable to enter so that I may complete the grand tour quest. It would be very disheartening to not beable to acquire the carnival mask due to not being able to enter owls head.

7. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

See if you can get someone to go through the portal to the 2 locations & you /zone playername

8. Logain

Logain Avatar

Are you online right now and if so what's your character name? I'd serve you as teleport beacon.

9. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We're still very early in the actual coding of the game. Changing how something is stored server-side (character, housing, inventory, player quest knowledge, etc) will almost certainly require a wipe.

Once the game goes live and those changes occur (and they do) then development time has to be spent on upgrading a version of that storage; right now it's still way too early and changes are too drastic and frequent.

Once we commit to "no more wipes" we will announce that (let the land rush begin...)

10. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I'll give you one quick one... there are "arrows" and "Arrows" in everyones inventory... is it easier to A: wipe the outdated non usable item OR B: write a new search/replace/update function for the arrows to change to Arrows?

WIPE US, devs have better things to do with their time.

11. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Yay! if there's something better than participate in testing this game, is to be able to test it for more time!

Keep up the good work guys! i tend to discuss about what i don't like or simply don't agree with, but that's because i love the rest, and there's so much to love here!

And since we're talking about love... how bout we give mages and archers some? :p

Margard and Gabriel Nightshadow like this.
  12. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

I'm flattered that everyone thinks I should be a LotM but I put my money into an SUV instead of SotA. Sorry, my car needed to be replaced :( Maybe next year!

p.s. for those of you who don't know me wouldn't know that I don't carry loans... so I paid for this car with cash which saves lots of money ;)

Ome, Logain, KuBaTRiZeS and 5 others like this.
  13. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Pfft, i never said you should be LOTM .. i said your mom should be a Duchess . She's wicked awesome!

14. smack

smack Avatar

Noooooo.....please shut it down! Normally I log in the morning of a release ending just to do some quick vids, but now I'm going to be SOOOO late for work.

royalsexy, Maka, Mitch [MGT] and 2 others like this.
  15. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

She's welcome to upgrade. :)

16. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

*Throws rotten cabbage at @licemeat*

17. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Well a mid release wipe would take all my levels away. I wouldn't want to come back to this current release if all that was gone. I would be done and wait for the next release. If they wipe the property that's fine. I'm level 41 right now and I think aquiring gold wouldn't be too hard for me.

Yet if they wiped my character I would feel violated!

Leos and Sophi like this.
  18. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

*sigh* you all make good points about the probable need for a wipe.... I have no logical ground to stand on, and will try hard not to grumble since we are lucky to get more time to play R11 in any case.

Huzzah for the devs and all their hard work!!! :D

p.s. please put Licemeat in the town stocks so we can all throw wrotten food at him!!! (jk) ROFL

Maka, Leos, Amberraine and 1 other person like this.
  19. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Why can't they just wipe our inventory? Could they wipe everything except our experience? Of course I don't want to hinder the development process, and these are extra days we would not otherwise have. I just feel uncomfortable about being wiped while I'm playing. Maybe they can give us a level 90 booster pack? ;)

Sophi likes this.
  20. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

meh, pre-alpha=frequent wipes. I could care less and would hope they don't waste their time on that stuff... 95% of the content can be played without leveling if you get a group of 4 people. Liches in the deep woods you need to level a bit but besides that I can't think of another one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.