1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 11 staying open for testing longer duration

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I have decided to talk to all the NPC and do a little story progress.

It already happend to me that due to a missunderstanding of the system what i am saying my Status is now wrong with one NPC - Myra.

Will the questing and NPC Status be wiped?

Maka and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  2. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

There will be a wipe before the game goes final. But they don't want to wipe each release anymore. Wipes will now depend on the need. This can mean they wipe only chars or only lots or everything.

I only hope they announce such wipes at least 24h before or else it will give a uproar.

Jynx, Gaelis, Lord Lonn and 2 others like this.
  3. Arianna

Arianna Avatar

So if they decide to do a character wipe, can we dump all our stuff in a chest on our lots to save us from loosing it?

And vice versa, put all our stuff from our lots into our back packs if they need to do a lot wipe?

Jynx, Gaelis and Lord Lonn like this.
  4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I'm filling the bank in the vain hope some of the decorations remains there.

Jynx likes this.
  5. Sire Lancelot

Sire Lancelot Avatar

Doh! Being in Australia and ahead of most of you guys in time zone I gave all my gold to some lucky bugger!

Lord Lonn likes this.
  6. Archaon [OWL]

Archaon [OWL] Avatar

Us Australians have to stick together Sir Lancelots let me know if you need some gold more than willing to help out :)

Gaelis, Sir Lancelots and Lord Lonn like this.
  7. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Despite considerable efforts during these releases, I certainly hope they do a full wipe prior to the final. Levels the playing field. Fresh start. All that.

Maka, strabo, smack and 2 others like this.
  8. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I'm sure they will do a wipe before the final. I actually don't know why some people think otherwise.

9. Xatokar

Xatokar Avatar

Some people don't realize that this game is in pre - Alpha stage , not close to a beta or a release version.
    It is the dev's fault for putting in so much working content, so few bugs , it seems so close to a release version :)

royalsexy likes this.
  10. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Agreed! I was experimenting with an archer/sword and board, with two decks obviously. Plate linked to the sword and board, and leather/cloth mix on the archer. Archer also had a greater chance to heal, or cast a buff spell due to change in armor. But my Stats stayed the same. I like this a lot. If you want to play two roles effectively you'll need to balance your stats accordingly. Very good promise in this system, to me. One thing I did notice though that switching decks mid fight didn't seem to pose any issue, ie, didn't take much focus, if at all, and didn't take any time at all to swap all my armor+skills? Needs to be adjusted I think, maybe a 5 second root or something while you change, or 1 second per armor piece?

Isaiah [MGT] likes this.
  11. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

If I level and have points I can't spend because you force me to diversify that will also kill any desire to level. As a pure melee PvE I currently don't need to heal, can't block or dodge anything, and don't need to repair anything. These are some of the problems. I need to take some damage, learn some non-magic non-potion healing skills, and be required to take care of my stuff (first aid, field medicine).

Having diminishing returns on passives I can understand but blocking me from gaining them is punitive.

Right now when I gain a level (From 45 to 57 so far) I get to either increase my Str, Dex, or Int. +1Attack+1HP, +1Attack, or +1Attack+1Focus. That is all I can do. I look forward to something with no visible change on my character. It's truly levelling for levelling sake.

As a full plate melee I can't cast anything so the magic tree is pretty dead to me. What master of anything would put up with a 50% fizzle chance in any given dangerous moment when it could be life or death. I don't want melee to be casters but where would I spend my points? I can only hold 1 type of weapon at a time, wear one type of armor, and use tactics. It's a limited tree if you lock me out of passives.

There is nothing else the game requires that I do. I have gone down to 3 locked skills for bludgeon (the 3 attacks) and only 2! Locked skills for Polearm (the 2 attacks). Mid auto swing I press either 1, 2, or 3 and get a double hit. Nothing else needed so why wouldn't I want 80 Str, 60 Dex, 40 Int to make sure I never miss and that my hits are insane so I can get through levelling.

I currently have no idea what I would do with the skill points from 57 - 100. As far as I'm concerned you could link my combat and crafting tree. Then I could spend my points on gathering ore, refining, and fixing my gear (not that I want to be a pillar of solitude, I actually want to get to know PC masters of everything so I can spend my adventuring gold on in game player run economy.)

These are facts not complaints. I had an amazing time in R11 and it's the most stable it has ever been. I'm incredibly patient which is why I can level but I really no longer care about the skill points I gain because there is nothing I can do with them (or need to do with them).

KuBaTRiZeS and Lord Lonn like this.
  12. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

So we have this extension!
    Are there any EVENTS planned?
    Or did I miss something somewhere....

Gaelis likes this.
  13. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of swapping armor mid fight. Not just from a realism standpoint, but also from the perspective of a bludgeon fighter.

Right now bludgeons arr the way to go, but that might not always be true when all the skills are complete. One of the benefits of bludgeons is the damage to armor and weapons. I can see switching weapons but not armor mid fight. If you can switch armor then the bludgeon skills are partially nullified by the ability to swap decks with alternate armor tied to them (keep in mind you can have different heavy armor items tied to different decks in case one gets thrashed by a mace).

So if you rely on doing item damage then swapping armor mid fight takes away from the offensive potential of a mace fighter. In PvE that might not be noticeable, but we cannot forget the PvP component of the game.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

14. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Can someone please fill me in concerning the PvP Arena? Are they still working? Where is the Arena in Ardoris as I could not find it?

Where should a person go to find PvP as I have not found a single opponent all weekend.

Last months Release was no problem but this release they seemed change all of that.

thanks

15. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I've seen a lot of people having normal duels in places like Owl's Head. I've been very surprised by the fact there is a lack of people running around PvPing on the Brave Coast.

16. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Don't be concerned about PvP. They only added PvP zones for the purpose of testing the combat system. Right now they need to test other mechanics.

There is nothing to do on the brave coast but place houses and fight people. So people are out testing something else at the moment.

This is in no way representative of what PvP will be like in SotA. They haven't added the blessing of the Oracle yet either which will permanently flag players in PvP. Also we don't have guild and faction mechanics in the game yet. I think there will be a lot of PvP testing again when they do. Also these mechanics help facilitate PvP since it will allow you to fight in ANY zone not just the brave coast. Then there will also be some special PvP zones that have special resources and draws that will entice all manner of people to these locations. Keep that in mind, and also keep in mind there is only one shard (server) for the whole world. So every person who opts in to PvP will all be in the same world not separated. So PvP will not be a ghost town in SotA. So finding constant battles will not likely be a problem. Actually it will be fun trying to create a secure environment for times of recreation in game. Having a beer with friends in a tavern might be dangerous if there aren't some players standing guard.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

Mitch [MGT] and mike11 like this.
  17. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

yeah it will be awesome when people just fling spells into taverns and houses as a means to hit someone so as to find them for pvp.

works out great for everyone not flagged or trying to role play, totally immersing.

Some weird basterdized version of open pvp. .... one world, woot.

18. smack

smack Avatar

They're just modeling real life. That happens daily in South LA. :p

But seriously, they haven't talked about how justice works in this game yet. That is, are you KoS to guards, are you put in jail, do you pay a fine, etc. Is there a three strikes law? Is this the same in all towns, good ones, bad ones, PvP ones, POTs, etc. And what is a crime in SotA?

The guards in Owl's Head don't seem to care about anything?

19. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Avatars are above their paygrade....
    :rolleyes:

Mitch [MGT] likes this.
  20. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

You know Chris, it was very sly of you to release a list like that!!!! You know we can't resist keeping up the grind to either a) stay on the list or b) get on the list!!!!
    aaaaarrrgggg! Machiavellian even!!
    ROFL

Lord Lonn, Arianna and Net like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.