1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 2 Impressions from Chris

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Chris, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Thanks for the update Chris!

2. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

I backed a movie on kickstarter :D Written by one of my favorite authors, Neil Gaiman. Blood Kiss.. wasn't too stoked for another vampire movie but knowing him it'll be interesting. Actually just re-read the kickstarter and neil gaiman didn't write it.. hmm... he is starring in it.. hah.

3. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

Wonderful post, thank you ^_^

4. Gemini

Gemini Avatar

Keep doing it wrong! Thank you for R2 it was both frustrating and challenging which makes a nice change from most of the current games.

5. Doppelganger [MGT]

Doppelganger [MGT] Avatar

Great post Chris and thank YOU developers for letting us do it wrong. This entire process is very engaging and exciting and I enjoy being a part of it all, as much as I'm sure you guys enjoy developing it. Keep up the good work and I am sure all of us, as a team, will have a great game we can enjoy for a long time to come :)

6. Knight Dozer Belador

Knight Dozer Belador Avatar

Aye Chris, I think it was very important that the Dev+ backers was able to do the sane rough testing and bang on it hard before the masses so that the testing can go very smoothly for everybody else.

A thought just entered my mind... would be possible to have like a whole day for testing by the Dev+ backers before the day of testing by the rest of the backers?

Aye man.... and it should be a very fun testing of the multiplayer!!!! :)

Dozer

7. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

Thank you, Chris!

8. tamino

tamino Avatar

I honestly don't want to see you guys make this game based purely on the consensus of the crowd. You guys are responsible for some great games in the past and I want to see your visions become a reality, not the vision of the crowd.

I'll save myself from having to explain further as someone else has already done so. Just read this Rock Paper Shotgun article.

9. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

Chris - Thank you! That was the most genuine and honest, open, humble, and enlightening post I have read in a long time. It was absolutely charming, seriously. Thank you. Can you say revolutionary? I knew that you could.

Montesquieu_Paine and Umbrae like this.
  10. Solace Vale

Solace Vale Avatar

Awesome post!

Jumping is fun =)

11. Montesquieu Paine

Montesquieu Paine Avatar

Terrific post, Chris; and kudos for being a great example, in being able to say you were mistaken.

I hope the P-team and DevTeam continue to make mistakes early, often, and transparent, so you can find, fix, and pass beyond them. The only defence against secondary/unexpected consequences is adaptability and flexibility, and you're doing a great job there.

My R3 release wish is to have more time to explore and test and do 'stupid' things. Unfortunately the real world has greatly impacted my ability the past 3 months to be part of this community. (3 deadlines in January...rrrrgh. Well, I survived.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.