1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 2 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Yeah I think the issue is the recipes allow for different things with different numbers of items, so if you just put everything in your inventory on the crafting table either it wouldn't know what to make, or it would have to make the item that used the most ingredients and eliminate the trial/error involved.

I was able to make an axe, didn't have much time to play yet. It takes some getting used to but I think once I make a few things it will get a lot easier, I noticed when I finished my axe by that time with all the trial/error I felt pretty comfortable with it.

Malanthius likes this.
  2. Venti

Venti Avatar

I am still unable to just smelt... I would assume higher lvl crafting takes a lot of materials, do we have to randomly figure out what mats make an item for it to get log'd in our book? This seems a bit labor intensive to start w/no recipes. Patch notes said there would be 100 recipes, did anyone find them in a chest or something?

Malanthius likes this.
  3. Malanthius

Malanthius Avatar

Exactly. The other problem I see is the animation of the stacks. If you have one board, it should look different than a stack of two boards. You shouldn't have to mouse over every stack to see the difference between a stack of 2 or a single board. Especially since the recipes appear to be so specific. I posted this in another thread but I think it deserves repeating not to be lost in the forum. IMHO it's a big deal!

Mal :)

PS: On a side note. I would like to hear the sounds of me dropping the items on the table. Too quiet for me.

Mishri and Lord Baldrith like this.
  4. Bahz

Bahz Avatar

Did you use the correct table to smelt? you need the smelting table not the blacksmith one, I made that mistake at first. You also need to put single items, not stacks

5. Floors

Floors Avatar

Can you guys please change the controls ? This holding down a button on a mouse to look around - it was bad in R1, and it's bad in R2.

Ned888 likes this.
  6. smack

smack Avatar

Hopefully this will make it in with the key rebinding for R3, maybe R4.

tradyblix and Mishri like this.
  7. Malanthius

Malanthius Avatar

Actually that is incorrect. I was able to successfully craft carpentry using the correct number in a stack. You can have a stack of 4 boards and the table will see that as the same as having 4 individual boards. Also an FYI for those that don't know yet. If you Shift click on the stack you can select an amount verse Ctrl to grab a single item from the stack! Just discovered that!

Mal :)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  8. Wonderboy2402

Wonderboy2402 Avatar

Sure did! Split the stack and it worked. Maybe the graphic needs to change to distinguish stacks from single item?

9. Squire

Squire Avatar

Want to hear something funny? When asked to introduce myself, I answered in standard pseudo-olde English, and said "I am called*character name*". The guard now addresses me as Called! :D

I immediately thought of Idiocracy, and the guy whose name was registered as Not Sure.

10. Sachem

Sachem Avatar

Install and update the game but couldnt enter the game :/

11. viruzite

viruzite Avatar

is it still open ? I installed and updated it but I can't join =/ . is there any chance to join the game ?:rolleyes:

12. acidburn

acidburn Avatar

same here , already installed and patched but could not enter too :(

13. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

What error message are you guys getting when you try to log in?

14. acidburn

acidburn Avatar

it gives ''this user account doesnt have play access'' message.

15. Sachem

Sachem Avatar

Says "This user account doesnt have Play Access"

16. viruzite

viruzite Avatar

same for me also.

17. Floors

Floors Avatar

you have to have an account on the main site that has at least adventurer (45 dollars +) access to play.

18. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

I must say I am impressed Portalarium already fixed an issue I had with the Linux client on my system with the latest p3 client. :)

19. acidburn

acidburn Avatar

45 dollar for full account or just betas?

20. finajk

finajk Avatar

Using the example recipe from the release notes, I was able to craft a sword. However, I have noticed in the bug notes that people are mentioning a book of recipes - How do you get a book?

The guard told me to ask Handac, but he's too busy repeating his welcome to the crafting pavilion to answer any questions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.