Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Release 21 feedback .. thank you Portalarium

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by stephen95s, Aug 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephen95s

stephen95s Avatar

i see a lot of negative threads here so i thought i would make a positive one.
    thank you for this update the new skill training system is amazing, i love it, it reminds me of the old days where you had to earn your skills and weren't just given them like in the new MMO's and this is what SOTA was meant to be it was meant to be like all those old RPG's and MMO's we used to play but sadly they aren't around or are kinda dead now, i find it fun to go out and spare with a friend and improve my skills or go fight some NPC's and yea i might die but i learn something even if that something is to run the hell away sometimes ha.

The last 2 releases to me have been the best out of all of them yes there are problems but there always will be i mean the game is nowhere near being done and yea there are problems with the way you level up your skills right now but this is a step in the right direction this is fun yea some people like to just be given stuff as that's what they are used to but that's never what this game was meant to be it was never meant to be a easy modern MMO's were everything is given to you on a Painite encrusted golden platter.

The point is i love this update its great and a lot of people also believe that just sadly the good old vocal minority is rather annoyed at it and i hope they don't ruin it as if this gets ruined then what next ? no player owned houses because its not fair ?, no being able to wear what ever you want and use what ever skills you want ?, crafted gear no longer being the best gear ? rare drops becoming well not rare ? everyone and their mother being able to do the "hardest dungeon" ?.

Ether way sorry about that little rant at the end there just yea i love the way this game is going and i don't want it ruined by the very small vocal minority i love the new training system and i hope to see more stuff like this in the game and as the thread's name says thank you planetarium for this awesome update and the awesome work you are doing to make this awesome game (yea a lot of awesome's i know ) and yea keep up the good work guys :).

PS sorry about my spelling i have Dyslexia and Dysgraphia and many other things so yea sorry if i got some stuff wrong

2. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

It's good to see some happy thoughts indeed. I'm just reading around all the feedback before playing this afternoon and it's true that most comments are negative, but they're also constructive.

I think that since a new system was pulled almost "overnight" (from the game living time point of view) this kind of feedback was to be expected, and i'm pretty sure Portalarium bought a new set of umbrellas to handle the tear storm ;)

I usually center too much on criticism forgetting to mention how awesome is to be here, so i'd also like to make an statement before playing and joining the critique. Because I have lots of reasons to say thank you, because they brought back what i felt in Ultima Online; a world where i decided where to go, and hunt and meet people and explore new places and learning that there were something interesting i haven't noticed last time i went somewhere... all that without the need of meeting a schedule. I've been looking for an spiritual sucessor of UO, and i have no doubt that i found it.

I can't deny that currently the game is buggy and clunky, also there are some things i don't like... But the feeling is already there! Game mechanics can be polished and improved (they've been doing a lot of that as well) or even changed as they showed us putting in the use based system. As long as i feel that way playing, i'll stay around as well.

To me this game is like a dream coming true, and since so far i see some of my thoughts represented in the way things are done, i'm full of hope towards the good outcome of the game. So i'm certain that they'll keep shaping this dream into a reality, and with that goal in mind i'll keep providing feedback about what i like and what i don't like, and proposing what i think it's best to improve it.

I guess in the end i'm just trying to say... You're doing it great! Keep up the wonderful work!

Lord Soliwilos and Crazy Phil like this.
  3. Stahlknecht

Stahlknecht Avatar

@stephen92s: 100% agree!

This game moves to the right direction and thats good to see!

4. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Hey here's my 2 cents. I got an account around April of '14 I think and checked it out when a release went live for a few days. Something told me to log in on r21 and I was like WOW, what changes. So much so that I broke open the piggy bank a bit for telethon day...did a significant upgrade and got a decent 2nd acct.
    I am about 98% lost as I fumble my way around but indeed, it reminds me of when I first play UO back in '97. I've always said that was the best gaming experience I'd had.

this is gonna rock by the time it's live.

Lord Soliwilos and Abhann like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.