Release 22: Gathering, Refining, Production: Request for Clarification

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Jack Knyfe, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

@Chris, if you can get a free minute, could you explain how crafting works in regards to the new use-based system and XP gain?

Prior to R21, you increased in Production XP by gathering, refining, and crafting items. At a certain point, your skill gains would be minimal unless you went to craft new things in different trees.

Now in R22, we can see our production XP pool, but how do we spend that XP?

In creating items, are we gaining XP that is being spent to increase our crafting skills?

Salvage and repair are separate skills that increase by using them, so that uses XP, right?

Any response you can give (when you have the time), would be appreciated.

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Raed the instructions they state how Gaining Points in Exp for Production and Avd go.

And Yes you gain Exp and Use those points in the direct skill, if oyu lock everything but the skill being used you would see the numbers as they are small for one skill active only.

3. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

Then please, dear Mister Weinie, quote to me the passage from the instructions for R22 where it directly states how to spend Production XP. Everything I've read only states about how to gain Production XP.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I did not say it says how you spend production, neither does it say how you spend Adv points you figure it out buy using a skill setting it to gain.

Like I said turn a skill (only one to train - go use it see the points gain and use) Chris doesn't have to explain it to you - PLAY the game - as he is so fond of saying immersion - if he had his way you wouldn't even see the exp bar.

5. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Is this in reference to the fact that it appears one can make *more* experience than one can actually spend in a single use ?

While out harvesting this release, I have watched my Producer Pool steadily increase. I have all my skills on "Train", so it should be funnelling unused points into them with each use, however I still continue to acquire excess points.

Since I'm currently sitting at "778,732" unused points in my Producer Pool, and harvesting only *adds* more to that pool, I'm unclear how one is expected to drain those points. :)

6. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

That's not my question.

My question is how do we spend Production XP.

If our gains are always greater than the amount we can spend, we can craft into infinity and be Giga-Mega-Dyno-Ultra-Arti-Grandmasters in every craft skill.

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  7. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Production exps are spent on any successful use of the skill. The gain won't always be greater than what you spend because how much you spend is based on a percentage of how much you have. If you just play without thinking about it will reach a steady state where your gains == spends.

The math varies per skill but you spend roughly 1/1000th of your pool on each skill use. Most production skills apply a greater percentage than 1/1000th. There is a secondary cap on how much it can apply that is what you will see when you will see when you are at a low skill value. This is based on a minimum number of uses per skill to advance it one point. This starts around 2 and ramps up to several hundred as you approach grandmaster status.

8. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

Thank you for responding, @Chris. It is well appreciated! :D

Jivalax Azon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.