1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 30 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, May 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

This.

2. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

I agree with Baron Drocis. . this does not fix the problem at all. This is a punishment for flagging yourself for PVP if anything. If I'm not flagged for PVP, and I see a pvp flagged player, I would still wait until that player is low on health to attack so that I could one-shot kill them. I'll most likely gain 300-400 gold for doing so if the player i killed pays the ransom to get their stuff back. I would gladly leave the scene I was in and walk to the nearest oracle to remove my flag for that 300-400 gold. That's more gold than you can make killing a few skeletons or elves.

3. Matheryn

Matheryn Avatar

to fix pvp as it stands I like the idea of being flagged until you see the oracle but as someone mentioned he could go to the overworld map now if someone was flagged on the overworld map they should be able to have one of those random encounter scenes activated on them if another player on the overworld map wishes to attack them

as far as durability goes - the degrade is great for economy and crafters - the obsidian coins to repair max durability seems reasonable, as for the degrade over time yes it still needs to be tested but I think they are on the right track. As for those saying omg I want fun casual play and not grindy play well then just use monster trash items or beginner items and leave the crafting and high tier items to those that want them problem solved. If you want those items then you need to put the work into it, no one said this was going to be a fun casual game.

I like the keys idea for the underground although I do have one question are the keys used to open a door or phase through a door - IE can one person open the door with a key for multiple people or does everyone need to aquire the key?

granted I know you guys are trying to get the main story lines completed but they still need more involvement in them like sub quest branches like a tree and choices that really matter changing how things happen during your quest. At present its too story bookish IE it reads from a to z instead of choose your own adventure.

As far as flagging for pvp there is never going to be a fix for this as flagging yourself is an initiative based action so like someone mentioned with stealth and moon magic if you see the initiative then take it otherwise don't use it. For those that are flagged they just need to be more aware and cautious of there surroundings it comes with the territory of being flagged.

4. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

The fix for PVP flagging as I honestly believe, Is to make everyone equal when it comes to flagging. Make everyone have to go to the Oracle to flag themselves for PVP. If a person is flagged for PVP before they go out into the world, it removes the opportunity to one-shot a flagged player when it's convenient, and it would then also give the stealth abilities at least some meaning. That is the last I will say on this thread, as Baron Drocis mentioned before, this subject should be moved to it's own thread, or continued on the various threads that are already open on the subject.

5. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

The difference is that Stealth and such can be broken, and thus the attacker discovered before (s)he can attack, and the initiative can be reversed. You can't do that on an unflagged person before (s)he's attacked you...

6. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Nice screenshots of the upcoming PoT Tropical Island Template 01 . Will a top down view be available also or is it just a re-skinned of the existing island so same spots, similar to the Grasslands and Forrest02.

Thanks in advance.

7. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

What's this 'Friendly NPC non-killable' nonsense? What happened to accidentally murdering an NPC you needed for an important quest and then taking their corpse to LB to resurrect when you realize they were important?

Fister Magee likes this.
  8. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

In a purely single player game, that works. In a multiplayer game, someone could troll you by always killing the plot-centric NPC you need.

Armaden Restal likes this.
  9. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

It would be more fun if the NPC got flagged and simply did not appear for the player who killed them, but was able to respawn for everyone else. Players would then have to option to hose their own progress, but not affect anyone elses.

gtesser, 4EverLost and enderandrew like this.
  10. Womby

Womby Avatar

In the attached Player Guide the following statement

"A new Glyph can be dragged to an already locked slot on the combat hotbar without going into the deck-builder interface. Simply drag a Glyph from the Glyphs list (Y hotkey) to the desired locked slot. Glyphs in locked slots can also swap places simply by dragging one locked Glyph over the other. Only slots on the combat hotbar with an already locked Glyph can be swapped out this way."

is incorrect. It should read (L hotkey).

Daxxe Diggler and Leelu like this.
  11. Faenauriel Erulisse

Faenauriel Erulisse Avatar

I have a question concerning durability. If I have for example the Elf armor from the stretch goal, will that break eventually as well? Or when it reaches 0 can i use an obsidian crown to bring it back up?

margaritte, Vox Aquila and Leelu like this.
  12. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Did Attunement get calculated correctly this release? Did the Dev+ players and server test this? As per the published instructions, attunement is an average of all Active Skills (locked and unlocked) not the Innate Skills... This bug was reported last release, and should not be present in R30. Can Dev+ players confirm?

agra likes this.
  13. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Presumably all gear will go down to 0 but not magically break and disappear.

Leelu likes this.
  14. Noric

Noric Avatar

I did not think to check this.

Fister Magee likes this.
  15. agra

agra Avatar

I'll bet you an obsidian crown chip it's still not right. ;) We'll find out tomorrow for sure!

Leelu and Fister Magee like this.
  16. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

*stretches bug-reporting fingers*

17. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Except, sometimes you DO kill an NPC TOTALLY by accident and find out later that - Wow! you can actually get a NPC killed!?:rolleyes: Accidents do happen, you know. Really. Didn't think it was even possible to get him attacked like that. :oops:

gtesser and Ice Queen like this.
  18. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

@DarkStarr

Is there a time table with lot selection with R30 or will it be a land rush?

19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

There is no wipe with this release. You will have tomorrow what you have today.
    The sole remaining wipe is on the 27th of July.

SeleneNoctua likes this.
  20. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.