1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 34 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mass

mass Avatar

It is much better than it was before; I appreciate the Dev's making this change.

I realize it may not be possible because of the way house assets are built, but someday in the far future, if we could paint our houses, that would be awesome!

Grayhawk and Fister Magee like this.
  2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Ill be honest and tell you not only am i on my phone and working, i am waay to lazy to understand that.
    In summarry, i wont see it working till i gm the skill ? Not the first 80 levels :p?

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I didn't read anything in the R34 instructions about "dragon armor". Are you seeing something that I'm not?

4. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Opps Froidian slip!! I meant bone armor hahah!!!

Lord Barugon likes this.
  5. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

MrBlight,

What they are saying is they fixed whatever bug was effecting people for no success chance AND now at lower levels you'll get a higher success rate, and the rate of gains as you level the skill up will diminish, so for example:

(Old) (These numbers are totally made up for this example!)
    0 Level - 0%
    20 Level - 20%
    40 Level - 40%
    60 Level - 60%
    80 Level - 80%
    100 Level - 100%

(New) (These numbers are totally made up for this example!)
    0 Level - 0% (Same)
    20 Level - 35% (vs. 20% linear Old)
    40 Level - 60% (vs. 40% linear Old)
    60 Level - 77.5% (vs. 60% linear Old)
    80 Level - 90% (vs. 80% linear Old)
    100 Level - 100%

Hope that these example numbers illustrate what they are indicating.

V/R Brickbat

MrBlight and Mykll like this.
  6. Necrothaftis

Necrothaftis Avatar

Great patch and thats about all this is - a piddly little patch
    Real structural and mechanical problems ignored
    Lets slap ourselves on the back over designing the car upholstery and wooden dashboard trims and ignore to design an actual vehical to put it in

FOR GODS SAKE FIX THE TARGETING SYSTEM (it's embarrassing)
    FOR GODS SAKE ALLOW US TO COMMUNICATE IN A WORLD CHAT (is this an MMO or what?)
    FOR GODS SAKE ALLOW THOSE WHO ARENT ANAL RETENTIVE TO ENJOY THE GAME ALONG WITH THOSE WHO ARE LIVING IN THE PAST YEARNING FOR THE RESURRECTION OF ULTIMA ONLINE
    NO I DONT WANT TO READ EVERY NPC'S DIALOG ( And guess what the vast majority of those who will be buying the product to make it sustainable so those of you who get off building fireplaces in virtual houses in virtual worlds can continue getting your willies doing that DONT GIVE A DAMN READING NPC's DIALOG EITHER)
    STREAMLINE QUESTING!

or all this will fizzle up and die after release as the gaming community (the casual paying public )consigns years of work to the scrap heap

REMEMBER THE GOLDEN RULE: HARDCORE GAMING = self MASTURBATION it only lasts about 30 seconds and then your watching Gilligans Island reruns!

PS dont get me wrong i love this game and could write pages on whats innovative and exciting

Harclubs likes this.
  7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

@DarkStarr Will the halloween wax cylinder set be given to POT owners or do they need to buy one themselves now?

8. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

This release and all those hallowe'en goodies.. It is going to be one of my favorites i think :) Thank you so much for all the hard work you all do.

Duke Avery and Fister Magee like this.
  9. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I'm still downloading the patch. 8-(

Matt Harris and Stoya like this.
  10. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

It will not be given to POT owners

NRaas, cartodude and nonaware like this.
  11. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I dont even really use my PoT's music box, rarely works and only works when someone is in it then resets off.

Alley Oop likes this.
  12. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

Yea, I can't get mine to work. I've given up on it. just the normal background music plays. when I try to start music on the box it doesn't do anything. say la vee.

13. Infineon

Infineon Avatar

Woooooot a non plate armor that has defence of a plate armor to give more defence to light armor users?, That is not cool.
    We have say alot that Archers and Mage build are way more powerfull that melee, first the Magic Attunmet is a free Bonus that melee classes Dont have, and we have to learn Magic to make our selft more powerfull and the deal with frizzle problem… And the last the slow skills with 100 feet range and 10 seg duration ? That is just gg for melee in pvp.
    I Dont understad if you realize if we continue with this all player Will b Archers and Mage.
    New meta "Tank Shield Mage Build Dps with non plate armor that resist has a plate armor" lol

More power to all melee classes.!

14. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I completely agree with the armor thing but I disagree about archers. As a melee (bludge / stun), archers are now one of the easiest things for me to kill. Mages of course utterly trump all. Currently all of the best PvP'ers are mages running similar builds and a few key spells that utterly dominate. The best battles are between these mages themselves.

Luca Xante, Fister Magee and MrBlight like this.
  15. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

2 things
    Thanx for reply on my collar question thats fantastic, looken forward to it.

2nd, melee needs work yes. But i also think if they adjusted 1 h weps like they did, its a pretty massive boost to fighters.
    Mages still trump all. Archers will benifit but not be completly show stopping with new armor. And that duration on slow isnt as massive as ud think.

Melee needs work and balancing, but they DID take a step towards it here. Archers cant destroy plate fighters simply, even with that slow increased. Now 1h adjustment means shields are viable ( from my understanding ) which will hugely impact ure ability to survive and close that range quickly then its gameover.
    But pvp is still mages vs mages with same spells for win build, for now.

Luca Xante likes this.
  16. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I think you'll see some of this leveling out with R35/36 with the Damage Types. Bone Armor will probably be focused on Physical. And I imagine there will be heavy armors to help resist various energy styles as well.

MrBlight likes this.
  17. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Sounds like time for some feedback/bug reporting!

Fister Magee likes this.
  18. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

My box also works for a day or two and then just stops working.

2112Starman likes this.
  19. stidesx

stidesx Avatar

Wow mellow out. Maybe the negatives for you personally outweigh the positives. I don't disagree with everything you say here, but if you don't like the game, try another one, maybe?

Fister Magee likes this.
  20. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

it was ages ago. I'd mostly forgot about it and turned the music off. checked a little while ago and noticed it's still broke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.