1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 34 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

So to be clear, they do not start respawning faster. The old logic used to be that they would wait X minutes and then respawn 1 creature, wait X minutes respawn 1 creature, repeat until full. Now the logic is wait X minutes, respawn half the missing mobs, repeat!

So the only times this will really matter is when you completely clear out areas.

As for targeting changes, not sure how these didn't make it in. I honestly didn't even realize this hadn't made it in until I did some hardcore adventuring today. :( We'll get it fixed next week.

moko, Wilfred, Grayhawk and 13 others like this.
  2. Hawkthalas

Hawkthalas Avatar

Great update, love the changes...

Except for the hanging skeleton deco, dont make sense at all as a deco item (in my humble opinion)... good to have in a private space like inside a castle, or in an dictatorship zone, but in the main streets of any town dont think so.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    Rada Torment likes this.
  3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Your broke it. Its running at about 5-6% total now. I went from my normal 30+% (with pure pine bow.. supple armor etc etc ) and just tested quick on green mobs. Other person did 1000x shot same problem.
    =P Im hoping this is an obvious bug, or you destroyed my character lol.

4. stidesx

stidesx Avatar

This is probably something that the last couple of generations from US and Europe don't appreciate the symbolism. We associate the imagery with fantasy and Halloween and not as much with oppressive regimes.

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Where do "We" live ?

6. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Indeed.

Just wondering what "it" is?

As a POT owner, I kind of wonder - the only thing logically is ability to place Scary Movie Celebration stuff in your town as decorations...but it's a big write up so maybe it's something else.

Thanks, Brickbat

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

show ignored content?

Fister Magee likes this.
  8. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Gotcha thanks, my ignore list grows each week...thanks for the reminder.

9. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

wow, seriously? 170KB for first hour (left it) and then 300KB staring second try? 3% in an hour? Whats up with the download? Never seen it this bad.

Vrunk Hrrk likes this.
  10. stidesx

stidesx Avatar

The US and Europe, for the most part, and I am pretty sure all the developers live in the US.

11. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Nope, we have a European developer (@tphilipp)

majoria70, 4EverLost, Mykll and 2 others like this.
  12. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Still seeing 119 days on mine

I logged in from Spite this morning then traveled to Etceter along the road. Painfully slow travel...even using coconuts. Slow traveling is not enjoyable at all, and left me no desire to play any further so I logged out. Will try again next release to see if it's improved. :(

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Tahru, Mykll and Koldar like this.
  13. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

As I type this I'm at 9% dl'd on 480>481 having started dl just over 3hrs ago.

My fibre connection is 100mb / sec and upload of 2.2mb / sec and my IT team at office confirmed all systems fine our end so can the dev's give the servers some more coffee please I've my lunch in an hr and I wanted to mine :(

14. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

The ordinary launcher updates using P2P, so it depends on the number of available nodes.

If you don't have a problem with linking to STEAM (harder to sell account) then I'd mention that it using their downloader you get full speed of your connection.

Mykll and Fungus like this.
  15. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

cheers @Spoon but yea no Steam at work bar from the kettle :(

My acc at home dl'd very quickly last night but this is daft, feels like someones dusted off their 28k modem for April 1st :D

Fister Magee and Spoon like this.
  16. Hawkthalas

Hawkthalas Avatar

Hello Stidesx, its not a thing of appreciation... its a thing of visual design and common sense. If you walk into the evil overlord castle, you can expect hanging skeletons, if you walk in a common town, seeing that represent an oppressive regime, hard laws on criminals/prisioners, outlaw town or so.

What can be understood by individual persons dont change the facts.

Halloween festivities are common knowledge in all america at least, they started in europe but they arent a 'us/europe thing', more now with all the globalization made by the advances in communications , in fact those traditions are well know in south america (at least the celtics and christians) for hundreds of years ago since the spanish army marched with the catholic church at their side, the spooky traditions are well know for more than 5-8 decades ago, this last commonly used as an excuse to party or to give a happy day to the children with costumes/candies and the like.

With the fantasy point, its ok, but as player of all ultimas and the like, i hoped for some logic in the visual design so i dont find in the future whateva is 'the fashion toy of the day' hanging in the front door of the houses with the excuse of : 'They are just deco items and can be used anywhere'.

One of the good points of this game is that have a lot of sense in many aspects (fantasy setting) and it isnt a theme park mmo (in my humble opinion).

Rada Torment likes this.
  17. stidesx

stidesx Avatar

I think I just saw it as a Halloween decoration and not a permanent fixture outside of a house.

Hawkthalas likes this.
  18. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Did you change it so corpses don't decay leading to no spwan if you don't loot/gather?

I did the full circuit of spiders in deep ravenswood and came back to nothing but spider corpses where they would have respawned before.

19. Hawkthalas

Hawkthalas Avatar

Let's hope that at least that is the case.

20. Xanderxavier

Xanderxavier Avatar

Any chance on a stealth fix, I spent a day grinding it up only to find there's a terrible bug where after you get attacked by skele mages (or possibly for other random reasons but seems after you get attacked by them def does it), every time u cast any stealth spell from then on it doesnt do a thing, auto-cancelled, and moving maps doesnt help, most of the time not even a graphical effect shows up for a second, kinda makes stealth useless and the day wasted, which im reliably informed by a reply to the bug thread I posted on it it's been like that since R33 at least.

On a side note the whole no re-spawn with no loot thing is a good thing, though perhaps a faster way to loot mobs that require skinning or just get rid of them would be good balance for when u dont want to loot but do want said mob respawning, for me I like said affect, stops you get annoyed by low lvl adds with lousy loot when fighting on control point.

Oh yeah and fix for mob spawning in wall in eastreach gap control point (1st cap) err one spawns in wall the footmen that spawns by archer randomly every now and then ruining map till its reset as well no way to get to it so dont respawn on next cap, and the solo footmen sometimes gets stuck on rock when it spawns but you can least run to that one and kill it from its stuck position.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.