1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 36 Raffle Update - Multiple Deed Winner Cap

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

I don't think you are causing a disruption at all. However you do realize that those people are already buying multiples of raffle tickets on all their multiple accounts and are wining multiple times on their multiple accounts as well. So I see this as giving us all a better chance at winning.

Numa, Xandra7, Alexander and 2 others like this.
  2. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Well, if the question turns out to funding the game, certainly Portalarium and "us all" would benefit much more from just cancelling the raffle and selling the deeds straight from the store, as it was being done before. Much more cash for the team to sell one city lot at 1000 bucks than having someone to pay 45 and earning one.

But i got that the raffle went down to try and give a chance to low income people to have some land, but in every attempt until now, i just see the same group of people topping the charts... and to tell you the thruth, even i don't have an idea in how to "fix" this in a proper manner.

Cheers.

3. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

1) Actually, the original post had a typo, saying R35 intead of the correct R36. I was just too quick to reply, and my comment is now invalid because the typo has been corrected.

2) I didn't buy any ticket either, because I'm satisfied with what I have, and I doubt I'll be able to keep up with taxes.

Numa, Kara Brae and Alexander like this.
  4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Makes sense. early players got advantage for puting in
    it took out some gold.
    Now with mass pot being smaller it makes sense to do it now. 150 dif winners is huge.. stops us richies from continually winning mass amounts.

Good change. props to ya

5. Bahamut Arc

Bahamut Arc Avatar

And pleaseeeeee, please... dont let ppls that have 10000000 lots to place them. 2-3 for ppl is enough. Or else you will have a lot of Ghosts Houses around. Let ppls have them. Think Ahead :p

amaasing likes this.
  6. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Ah.

Great, so the 500 people playing each spend 10,000 gold and have a chance to win 1 of 20 and 1 of 200...so 40% chance to win in the POT arena. Sounds like this is the time to spend your gold be cause your odds will NEVER be better. Only it's not really a Raffle anymore and it's a marginally even a Gold Sink - it's a Your Playing Thing - so here's a good chance at a puppy!

My cardboard box on fire analogy is still intact. It's not a trick, lead your charges to safety don't burn alive.

V/R Brickbat

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    E n v y likes this.
  7. Mart Huntington

Mart Huntington Avatar

To late !

gtesser likes this.
  8. Bridge Troll

Bridge Troll Avatar

I am stuck in a burning box!!!!

Brickbat and Numa like this.
  9. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Im curious of the actual number of daily logins for shroud from unique accounts.

They just hired 2 new guys this month. and 1 or 2 more before that.

Obvioisly they r still growing their team.

My guilds been growing.. with bringing in buddies and stuff.. 500 is not right. but that did make me wonder.

10. redfish

redfish Avatar

It's important to know what the draw order is !

What I mean is if row deeds are drawn first, then village, then town, then city; then after one win, your remaining raffle tickets are successively freed up for the larger lot deeds. You'd win one row deed, then all of your other raffle tickets move on to the larger draw, while other people's tickets are removed from the pool, narrowing the pool you're competing against. On the other hand, if city deeds are drawn first, then town, then village, then row, then you have less of a chance of the larger deeds per the amount of tickets you put in.

From how I figure it... drawing from the smallest first would give a little better chance to those who are putting a lot of gold in with the aim of getting a larger deed, and help them secure what they want instead of frustrating them (!) by giving them smaller deeds. On the other hand, drawing from the largest first would give people who put in small amount of gold a little better chance at larger deeds.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    Boedy Arc likes this.
  11. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

The order of the draw is important but I think you have it backwards.
    • Drawing small (row) deeds first would mean that if you buy lots of tickets you are increasing the chance you will win a row deed and remove yourself from the possibility of getting a larger deed. (DOH!!!)
    • Drawing larger deeds first means that if you buy lots of tickets your extra tickets will still be in the pool (and increase your odds of wining) when the larger deeds are drawn

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  12. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

You think it's less than 500? Or more than 500? My 500 guesstimate is based on how many people I see in Multi-Player running around (less than a dozen most of the time) and the each day forum population. I should check the friends list again...I friend request most everybody. Since, final wipe I've had max 100 people online in primetime on a Saturday evening - now it seems like half that, but what do I know.

I do know that the few people playing have a solid opportunity to win this Release's Raffle-thing if they discount multi-ticket purchasers.

V/R Brickbat

E n v y likes this.
  13. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

I'd also suggest you open up the 'free' raffle tickets back to people without a house on account as they might have a chance of winning one too as seemed to be more a chance of who could buy the most raffle tickets last time round and this would give them a more favorable chance (and no this doesn't affect my account as I've got a free lot deed & house)

14. Twiggi Fizzlesticks

Twiggi Fizzlesticks Avatar

No, you can't win different deed sizes from the same deed type.

They should draw largest lots first.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  15. redfish

redfish Avatar

No; if after the first time you win a row, the rest of your tickets are left in the pool, they move on to the later drawings, where the pool is smaller because of other people who have had their tickets removed from the pool. Of course, you do lose your first ticket and that reduces your chances somewhat. However, the rest of your tickets are competing against a smaller pool.

Of course, it does depend on what you mean by "a lot" of tickets. Do you mean 10, or do you mean 60?

16. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

Redfish,
    Berek would have to clarify but I take his post to mean you win one POT deed (a row for example) and you are out of the drawing for POT deeds. The rest of your tickets do not move forward because you already won your one and only POT deed.

The confusion is what does he mean by the word "type"? Does he mean POT/Place Anywhere OR does he mean Row/Village/Town/City?

Kabalyero, Moiseyev Trueden and Acred like this.
  17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Were I engineering the draw... I would first draw a "Winner", then randomize the size of deed won based on the remaining deeds available.

Draw a Winner first, then determine the size of deed won.

Once an Avatar has Won, all other tickets bought by that Avatar are voided.

Someone noted that this will shift the advantage (In a minor way) to those holding multiple accounts, which is true, but no system is going to be without problems.

The other thing this is going to do, for the same reason, is those Big Investments in tickets made by Single Avatar Representatives of large guilds will simply shift to those Large Guilds having many members buy small numbers of tickets... They will still have an advantage... Those that pool their resources for the common good will always (rightly) have an advantage.

So, the result will largely be the same, but the public relations view will be better because you won't see individual Avatars (Even though in the vast majority of cases, those Avatars have represented the investment of Many Avatars behind the scenes) winning multiple lot deeds.

18. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This is correct. One deed per raffle drawing, essentially. It doesn't even matter to consider the Row/Village/etc., because you can only win one in that raffle category anyway.

Numa likes this.
  19. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The limit is still 3 NPC/PRT lots, and I haven't heard any indication that they will change this. There is no limit on POT lots, but since POT owners are likely to need to place many houses on their own POT, I'm fine with no limit on those.

20. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

My honest advice all players who really want a deed.........buy one off an existing player. Portalarium flooded the market and you can pick them up dirt cheap, don't mess with the raffle now until everything balances are the statistical cost of getting a Deed from the raffle is lower than the cost of buying from another player...................just don't waste your gold.

Rada Torment likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.