1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 4 Update & Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Mar 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

They were for a bit there, probably just patching/reseting all the instances.

Back up now though. :)

2. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Yes - server gets patched.

3. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

4. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Mmm... Tasty. I thought that was a bit ridiculous when I noticed it earlier. :)

mitchellhamilton likes this.
  5. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Still no luck. Was momentarily logged in on my laptop before shutting it down (no power lead). Having epically bad luck with this.

That's with the latest patch.

6. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

I had a lot of antivirus software compatibility problems, worked good for R3 but when R4 came aroung
    recently got this new laptop about 2 months ago, a lot of stuff expired like OUTLOOK, McAfee. Took me hours to finally figure it out. Got tired of trying to get rid of it... just did a factory restore. Computer was only 2 month old anyway.
    Works like a charm.
    You have to have a match of SotA and email on board seems like, and turn off antivirus if your having log on problems.
    Worth a try
    So if you had system changes on your computer try a system restore to <R3 or check the changes done since.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Foobard

Foobard Avatar

I'm sure you've figured it out by now, but in case anyone else is reading this, there are switches to the right side of some of the portcullis (sp?) doors. It is exceedingly difficult to see with the low level of light in the room, but they are there. I saw it on one, and for the others, I just clicked around until I heard the switch move. Maybe they are supposed to be secret? Or you are supposed to carry a torch? Or maybe I just need to turn up the brightness settings...

The basement was pretty impressive. I didn't like having to wait 20 seconds to load, though. That would be annoying if I was going into my own basement often.

8. Sundews

Sundews Avatar

I found my way out finally - it was just a matter of finding the correct stairway.

There were 2 doors I couldn't open down in that basement. I looked all over for switches.

9. CCarpenter

CCarpenter Avatar

Mono in Linux Version?

Why using libmono.so?

10. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Part of the game-engine is written in CIL. Mono provides a cross-platform framework for handling such on Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems.

11. CCarpenter

CCarpenter Avatar

Why is the code written in Microsoft .net (or now known as CIL)? There are cleaner ways to build a native Linux client!

12. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Why not ? I happen to consider C# to be a vastly improved language over say C++ and its unfortunate need to maintain decades worth of code backwards compatibility.

Under Sims 3 for instance, the use of CIL for modding purposes allowed modders to create independent of operating system (Sims 3 mods worked on both Mac and Windows versions of the game).

If modding is eventually unlocked for this game, that capability will be greatly appreciated.

And as an aside : Creating a clean "native" Linux build is most likely too much for a single programmer to manage reliably. If that were necessary, you would probably not have a Linux client at all. :)

13. Floors

Floors Avatar

Managed Code is a hell of a lot slower tho. You only need to look at every C# program and Java program extant and compare with the native versions to see that.

It's nicer for developers to write it. And if it's Java, it's ostensibly cross platform.

Mercyful Fate and NRaas like this.
  14. Indian0Lore

Indian0Lore Avatar

If you are still having problems try running it from command prompt. I had to do that so I could play today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.