1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 42 Lot Deed Raffle Winners and R43 Raffle Details

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Jun 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Thank you @Time Lord for the copy post into the other thread. Not best place here for topic discuss.

Congrats winners!

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

Hi @Berek , I'm seeing the link but they're going to a blank Internet Explorer screen with the error message "Invalid Address". I tried copying and pasting into new window but no luck either.
    Link I'm getting is: http:////d2sx9mrt4zumaq.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/raffle_r42_winners_anywhere.jpg

[​IMG]
    The address is not valid

Most likely causes:
    • There might be a typing error in the address.
    • If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:

[​IMG] Retype the address.

[​IMG] Go back to the previous page.Go back to the previous page.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Sean Silverfoot and Time Lord like this.
  4. Arcadeguy

Arcadeguy Avatar

Good eye @Alley Oop ! I manually deleted 2 extra slashes and link worked. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  5. dssandmn

dssandmn Avatar

Personally I find this type of reward the rich and screw the poor type schemes to be horrible.

I suppose if i had really thought about it i would not have wasted my time spending every gold I had buying one ticket knowing that a rich player can buy 100's of tickets and is almost guaranteed a win ever so often.

So, pretty much unless your a old time player and have been here since the start to amass untold richs your changes at winning are pretty much bumpkiss. Way to encourage player growth over rich players hording lots to resell to others for stupid amounts of golds or real cash.

Ultima Online had this same issue back in the day. There was a actual real-estate company that got involved, they would go out and place as many house as they could and then post them on the web for insane amounts of real cash, is this really what the Dev's are trying to recreate?!

But I'm just a person who bought the game years ago but only started recently so my poor unrich opinions most likely don't matter much.

Xandra7 and Time Lord like this.
  6. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

Berek @Berek
    can i ask a thing? i stopped winning the raffle when i started to buy tickets on last days before the extraction. (this seems to happens also to other my friends)

your excel algorithm check random winners from first ticket to latest ? or jumping randomly from tickets?

because if there are 10000 ticket and only 10 can win.. and the random of winning is from ticket 1 to 10000 .. probably the winners are only on the first part of tickets...

( just asking... I do not want to insinuate anything )

Time Lord likes this.
  7. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Copy pasting my other post...

Lol.

As someone who never got millions* and never got to abuse the control point exploits.. just grinded and played a lot at start.

Its 5k for a POT ticket.
    5000 gc. That is litrray 1 hour of going after gold for anyone past adv level 50.

2 skull zone you can pull 6k+ an hour out in silver if your not lazy.

5 skull zone its STILL easy to do 8k in iron mine. Its easy to do more then that in silver if you cam handle elyssium.

Hell you can do 4 or 5k an hour in a 3 skull farming wolves. Lol.

So my point?

550 POT tickets were sold up to the day before the raffle.
    10 prizes.
    So lets say 60 ( aftrr last day buys) tickets were bought per prize.

1 ticket
    1/60 gives you a good 1.5% chance of winning something.

If you look at the purchases. Very few people put in more then 1 or 2 tickets.

Personally i put in 20. Thats 100k.
    I havnt played sin e the prices went down to 10/10.

So since someone can only win once. And since it takes about 20-25tickets before its not worth ( you can buy for chesper )..
    I think this whole thread is unsounded complaining.

Reality is if your intention is to MAKE MONEY for this raffle. You can do so VERY quickly. Because now we are talking 100k a month. Thats under 3500 gc a day. When i will argue anyone can STILL MAKE 5k an hour before adv level 50. And easily 8k and over if u can handle 5 skull.

So reallt what in reading here is...
    * im not willing to gold farm as much as other people, even though theres obvious caps for them *.

Its limited to 1 win per person. Look at the marketplace to see where it becomes worth buying instead of raffle.

If the previous raffles were broken and unfair ( they were ) at the VEry least it flooded the market with people selling deeds.

So really.. on that list i know 2 people who won a row pot with 1 ticket. And another who won an anywhete village with 5 tickets. ( 50k ) .

But its hardly a massivly unfair system when evryone in this thread is capable of making that gc in under 24 hours over a months time.

If we want to talk about casual play and such? Then fine. I would argue housing is literally an end game LUXARY and if it takes 2 or 3 months because you only play 2 hours a week, then fine. Thats how it ahould be.

The idea everyone and anyone should be able to get housing in a few days of playing, is already laughable.
    To act like the raffles catering to the rich now? Is simply not true.

If you want tips on how to make gc, thats a whole different discussion. But lets stop acting like theres any advantage to someone with a million gc to toss in this raffle.. because its quite clear that would be stupid.

Id be surprised if anyone bought more then 20-25 tickets.. as it quickly brcomes not cost efficient.
    And the list of purchases posted.. its quite clear no one bought more then 20 in one purchase. Smd frankly.. if i was going to dump 500k im not making 50 trips.

In summary.
    The raffles been super friendly to casuals since its been adjusted. ( and evem before.. lot more tickets sold but also lot more prizes ).
    To buy a house outright is still really.. really easy if you actually put ure focuse in it.

So no. With the way the raffle works.. it is not catering to the rich.
    And i also bought on last day so i doubt theres a drawing.issue.

Armitage_ and Lyndoman like this.
  8. Promiscuity

Promiscuity Avatar

I am sure I'd be in favor of the method as well if I was winning. My point of the original post is that there seem to be a few repeat winners to the point where it raises an eyebrow.... If the end goal is to get deeds into the hands of the players then how about a policy of once you have won, you can't win again.

dssandmn, Gatsu. and Time Lord like this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I totally agree! :D
    [​IMG]

Gatsu. likes this.
  10. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Except theres 500 daily players.

Remember how many prizes there were initially? .. then people could literally run alts at those odds.

Umari posted the ticket purchases.
    People are buying 1 or 2 tops. And your surprised the few people buying 20 -25 are winning more often?

Its 20 -25 tickets to be right on the cap of where its no longer cost efficient. Everyone is capable of doing this.

Should i be punished because i spent an extra day of grinding purely for gold because you wont?

The odds posted ment that someone who did 25 .. had almost a 50% chance of winning something.

If your only buying 1 ticket.. then congrats your in the majority of people not willing to risk gold.
    But lets not pretend its not possible to put in the max with the people willing to.

And i would bet the majority of wins was done with just a few entries. Especially since i know 4 of them were. But agian. Its like 1.5% chance.

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I am someone who already has property from my pledge but for the last two raffles I have purchased a ticket. Some might ask why I would do that since I already have property. My reason is too get spare housing into the game in whatever way we can. I am not trying to be greedy just for myself but I like to have spare property that I can share if I get the chance. I also live in a player owned town and having property for the town is never a bad thing. It allows the chance for development of the town and when rent comes in there could be nice rentals for people.

12. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

@gatsu76 have bought ticket just before draw last release and won... so think everythings is fine

MrBlight and Time Lord like this.
  13. Promiscuity

Promiscuity Avatar

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I think Portalarium is making a mistake with how they are running the deed lotteries.

dssandmn and Time Lord like this.
  14. dssandmn

dssandmn Avatar

So what your saying is you have no life and so then have unlimited time to play this "game" and can amass the gold you need in a short order so there for people who have very busy lives but still want to enjoy all of the available content within the game but cant devote untold hours into farming so they can afford repairs, and regs and armor and anything else they may want along with the daily rent and cost of the home plus the lot should just go suck eggs...

Yup, your mentality sums up what I dislike about the raffle. You should not be able to mass purchase tickets nor keep winning time and time again. Win a few times and then cut off. That's my opinion and no amount of ranting about how if you farm for hours you can afford it would change that.

15. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Considering i play 2 or 3 hours every 3 or 4 days? Thats a pretty bold statement.

What im saying is its very much do able. And i posted exactly how much gold you can aquire per hour.
    What i did was break it down and show that even at a few hours a week, its pretyy easy to enter at least each othrr raffle for the max amount that anyone would buy it.

I made the case that about 25 is the max and how long it would take even a brand new player to do so.

So.. in reality.. you want the end game luxary items without putting the time in.. regardless of what that time is.
    And if your that busy that you want high end items in the game, but dont want to play to get them, they are conveniently in the store.

So no i dont have sympathy for people crying its impossible when its not. Whose whole problem is * i dont wsnt to play the game but i want to be rewarded anyways* espeically when what i did is a very simple break down to show that the main complaint is an exaggeration.

Ps. I started a new account. In 6 hours of gsme play on exp.. i was able to then make 5k an hour.
    So to compete in the raffle on the HIGHEST END its 25 hours at that rate .. per month.
    Thats just simple math.. and no i dont think thats a *restricted for high end players feature*.

So essentially your somehow saying by me telling you rough time it woul take to get a max entry.. im telling everyone to fck off because reg cost.. tax cost.. armor cost.. etc?

Your right. They should give us all the best gear. We should all get free pots.no taxes. No repair cost.
    All because you want to sit and role play jnstead of doing any basic income maitenence of progression.

Basically your assuming in a douchey way that i play Sota all day every day. Which is laughable if youve ever read any of my other posts.. and are using thr raffle to stem the idea everything should be free because people might play more then you to get things in game.

Lol. I posted simple math and just confirmed it. X amount of gc n h/= this long for best chance at raffle.
    Some peole are willing to do this. Others arnt. Cry about it more if you want, but it Doesnt change the simple math break down.
    And ps.. its 1 win per raffle.. if they removed all repeat winners from before till now.. keepong in mind therex 500 or so activr day players.. then people would literally be buying extra accounts to farm the raffle at this point.. and youd be crying about that.

The only valid arguement you have is possiblr restricting to 1 purchase.. but then id argue multi accounters have an even higher chance of farming raffle.
    So this is still probably thr best option as everyones full capablw to have as high a win % as someone who has millions of gc.. and prevents abuse.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  16. redfish

redfish Avatar

Yes, not only that, it would make it easier to game the raffle. One win per account would mean the amount of participants would gradually go down as every account got a deed -- which, by the way, helps scalpers who want the raffles to end because it increases the values of their deeds -- *except* if you could buy a new account, dump a of gold in it from your other account, and then, because the amount of participants you're competing against is a smaller number, ensure its likely you win a $1,000 deed for the $45 cost of a new account.

MrBlight likes this.
  17. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Ummm no, no it would not. The player base keeps growing with the amount of new players each month. You could not game the system unless you spent a bunch of money on multiple accounts. So no, you cannot game the system to ensure you win with the "1 win" per account method. Even still it would not be the same as the current method of buying as many as you can afford to win.

The only reason people were commenting on it is because it seems like the same people win over and over... with the *seemingly* favoritism in the game... note the word seemingly because it does appear that way at times, even if its not, the coincidences add up.

Should probably do 1 for those buying as many as they want and 1 that's a 1 ticket per account pull. You'll never satisfy everyone but that should satisfy the majority of both sides of that issue.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  18. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Brugas,

Yes, there would be more players, but it would definitely reduce the number of players involved in each raffle and the amount of gold you're competing against. If you happen to lose, you'd just use the new account the next month for another try (where there might possibly be less participants depending on how many new players are entering).

In the current system, buying as much as you can afford doesn't help people who want to use the raffle to scalp deeds and make money, versus just obtain deeds for them to use personally in the game. There's a certain point at which putting gold in the raffle leads to diminishing returns, because you could buy the deeds from other players with a lesser amount of gold. Putting more than the market value of a deed into the raffle is completely pointless. And even putting in close to the market value is kind of pointless, since you're creating risk for yourself by putting that gold in when you could buy the deed from other players with no risk.

But if you're not trying to scalp deeds, and instead just trying to get them for your own use, the current system I feel still gives people the best chance to win what you want if you want to actually put some time and gold in.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  19. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Sorry redfish, but your statement is illogical as it very much does favor those who can buy as much as they want. You mentioned diminishing returns and a point where they could just buy the deeds... sure, but until they get to that point it does favor them, doesn't it?

The complaints were that it seems to be the same people winning over and over out of how many contestants? Sure its a numbers game but it does raise suspicions when it happens that way. The other complaint was the lottery needed to be more balanced or be for those that didnt have housing. As I said above, I think that would help with some of the problems. Perhaps a better way of *drawing* where others can see clearly to put people's minds at ease would also help.

20. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Brugas,

No, its not illogical at all.

If someone can afford to put in enough gold to give them good odds for a raffle win, then they can afford to buy a deed from another player at less (read: "no") risk. If someone is consistently winning a Village deed raffle after raffle, it probably means he's trying to win a City deed and probably not lucky at all in the sense that he's not getting any return in value for what he's putting in. But at least after several tries, if he still doesn't win the City, he can trade in the Village deeds he won with other players to get the City.

Because that's likely the situation with a lot of participants, they have a Row but want a Village or have a Village but want a City. Or they might be running a POT and need some POT deeds for common purposes.

Personally, I just think the current system is the best for players to try to get what they want if they put in the time, including new players. And I'd argue any system which makes it any difficult to do that will end up just raising the market price of deeds and make them less affordable (which is what scalpers want).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.