1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 42 Lot Deed Raffle Winners and R43 Raffle Details

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Jun 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

You are not listening. The statement you made was illogical. It was untrue and I quoted it and pointed out what was not true about it. All the rest of what you're talking about is not something I am disagreeing with you on. I see and concur with the fact that once you get to a certain point, you can simply buy the deeds. The other stuff is not really what I was referring to but may offer others insight as to the "why some may do it" question. You are simply defending the current way and I was just offering some compromises for alternative methods as some do not like the way these have turned out.

2. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Brugas,

The comment of mine you quoted was me basically saying that playing the raffle by scalping deeds isn't a particularly good way to get a profit because with the amount of gold you put in to get even odds you might as well buy the deeds from another player for less risk. I don't know whether you think that's not a logical statement, but that's what I'm saying and I believe it's true.

MrBlight likes this.
  3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Which... since we saw the total tickets and amount purchased at one time... is a pretty realistic assumption.

4. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

You are tap dancing around the point now. The statement you said, and that I quoted and pointed out, was the part which was illogical. Period. You can keep throwing about all this other fluff you keep tossing in there for your defense on the matter but it changes nothing about what I said.

Now you're going off on whether it is or was profitable to buy a bunch of tickets. The point was, those that could buy quite a bit more were more likely to win. Not saying it's right or wrong, its just like a lot of other lotteries today. Some were complaining about this and those without should be "more eligible" in a fashion. Another point was that it looked suspicious that some of the same people kept winning the lotteries. Another point was that I was suggesting compromises and perhaps to make the lottery more visible to the public.

You sound like you are adamant about defending and keeping things the way they are. That's ok, I can understand that. However, that does not make your statements right either. I pointed out the 2 things you were wrong about but you seem to want to ignore that in your pro-how-it-is stance. Just saying, it could be made better.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Brugas,

I'm not intending to tap dance around anything... it really just what I was trying to say... but maybe it didn't come across well. If you buy more tickets you're more likely to win, yes. But I was just describing that those that are doing this are probably interested in actually using the deeds themselves, rather than just scalping and reselling them.

I think most people who are skeptical of the current raffle system are afraid the people who are winning are gaming it for profit. I'm not sure many mind that people who want to use the deeds are getting them.

The fairest, best system IMO would be for an NPC deed vendor just to offer an unlimited amount of deeds to anyone for the same price. We're not going to see that because people are buying deeds with real money and because the devs want to keep some scarcity. However, the raffle IMO is also the closest thing to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.