1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 46 Lot Deed Raffle Winners and R47 Raffle Details

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

I'm starting to really feel like I"m tossing gold into a bottomless hole. I can't compete with people that have millions in disposable in-game income... but then I hear from my guildmate TaiKee Vetrae that she only buys two or three tickets each time, and this is her third win. So there's still hope. :confused:

High Baron O`Sullivan likes this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Unfortunately it is the other way around.
    Those with lots of dough already have multiple accounts, and could relatively easy get more.
    Same thing with guilds, one can easily distribute money and such.

The one thing that could equalize it somewhat is if some quests give options to buy so that following the three paths would let middle tier players buy more tickets while they progress the story.

But apart from that, this actually is the fairest system of all suggestions I've seen.

3. Tirsia

Tirsia Avatar

I feel like if guilds want to push around money to their members or even alt accounts to buy tickets, I'd probably still be ok with that. If a hypothetical guild has 25 members/alts and there is a 4 ticket limit, and they redistribute wealth, then their collective has 100 tickets. If they have no limit, they could have far more than that. It wouldn't be a perfect limit, but I think it would pull it back in a noticeable way. But then again, I have no real way of knowing because only Portalarium has the purchase data- I can only guess. Maybe no single account is buying more than 4 as it is...but as they say- perception is reality, and my perception at the moment is that something seems skewed. It would be very interesting to see the data.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well for those trying to get a deed by raffle I am sympathetic to that desire. It did take me 2 years in UO to get a house, mostly because I did not concentrate on it fully. I do see Many of those getting a lot of deeds are doing good things with them and by getting them into the game for resale. I really hope that when this game releases people will know that getting a house is a journey and will take advantage of renting in the meantime or taking advantage of some players free housing options. Now that we have inns in the game there is no reason for players to depend on their bank for storing goods only.

With a rented room for example players can decorate it as they wish, store as much as they want, and many times rent will be low to none. I have recently purchased an Inn, well in fact during the last telethon. I have set it up in Wizards Rest to help those in need. I don't plan it as a money making venture, that is just not me. It is still under construction since I plan to move it onto a larger lot, but please if anyone wants or needs I am happy to assist anytime. I'm Majoria in game.

Again no one has to suffer not having a place to hang their hat in this game now. Because of housing being such a large part of funding this game it did not go as imo it should have gone. That would have been that housing would have been a journey for all of us to obtain and not one that would have been dependent on others to obtain, but since that is not the case and the fact that purchasing housing with real money made this game possible is just the facts. Now we work with what we have and there are options for everyone to not be homeless, it is just will they take them? At least have a place to stay while finding their way. :)

Fei Akhart and Luca Xante like this.
  5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I have 90 Inn rooms free to anyone who wants one... I'll be adding to that number when more basements more suitable to renting become available. It's just a room... but you can have 3 container, and my town has public amenities, and will serve people well until they can find and afford more sumptuous accommodations.

majoria70 and Stryker Sparhawk like this.
  6. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

+1

Also, its not uncommon for someone to take an inn room and suddenly soon after appear with a row lot deed and a purchased row house.

Also, Congrats to all the winners!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  7. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Congratulations!!! Seems that the raffle has improved a ton in terms of distribution. Very happy with it.

I wonder if at deprecated returns algorithm has been applied so the more tickets purchased, the lower probability each has of winning. If so, bravo!

8. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

digriz likes this.
  10. Broke

Broke Avatar

I've bought 2-4 tickets for all the raffles since December of last year and never won anything lol , Been in every telethon and put my name in for prizes and have never won anything. Maybe it is my name and they do not want to say it outloud ? I do not know but that is the point of gambling when you lose it could not be YOUR fault it is always some supernatural power or excuse so we feel better about being losers. Think of the odd's if 1000 different players bought just 1 ticket. I would say there has to be 1000+ people who login throughout the month and get tickets and only 10 people can win. That is like being surprised Mcdonald's messed up your food order.

Adam Crow and Mac2 like this.
  11. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Hard to understand. How much gold per month you need to put to get a chance to win a deed in last 6-8 months? never seen this before, and only happened with this user.

As we know, there are not 1000 players playingn but lot of multiaccounts. This game has lot of players with 2+ accounts, so instead of buy all tickets with one, they are using all their accounts.

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

When is the next drawing?

13. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Right after the next release? Which as is on the 16th because of the holiday schedule bump, then on the 14th of December. I saw the "official" white board list last night when someone else referred to it.

FYI, the list ended there, so I didn't have a January telethon date to mark on my calendar, but I'm guessing it will be on the 5th. And PAX South is the weekend after that? Time flies!

majoria70 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.