Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Release 47 Post Draft: Feedback Please

Discussion in 'Release 47 QA Feedback Forum' started by DarkStarr, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

It does not change your current location

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@DarkStarr
    Will we be able to test the quest reset on QA?

3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

That makes the opening scene battle impossible to access, which kind of kills a lot of the momentum. The three zones after-the-fact are quite different. I'd hoped you would teleport the player to the Isle of Storms so they could actually start over.

Spoon likes this.
  4. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

That would force everyone to play through the tutorial again which is not intended for experienced players.

5. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I have asked that question in the past. The answer at that time was yes.

That could have changed as the process sounds like it has many moving parts now. But I can't see why it wouldn't be available still.

6. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

As an experienced player, there is no option to skip the tutorial when I start an offline game or create a new account, playing through it one more time isn't a great hardship IMO.

The way this is worded leaves me unsure as to whether these are guaranteed from salvaging the listed items or are a rare drop like patterns, maybe "...that there is a possibility of gaining by salvaging..."?

Are you sure it's about privacy, or are you worried about the repercussions? :)

Can you clarify: does this mean all clothing should be both masterworkable and enchantable like armour? There are several clothing items at the moment where you can do one or the other, I'm not too sure whether that was a bug (i.e. should be able to do both? Or neither?).

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

a whole new set of Make a Difference items

pass

@Attenwood says this fix was just for rain and that snow is something separate. clarify before you get a bunch of snow bug reports?

no need to click, just mouseover

this looks like a quarter of the money is unaccounted for. suggest:

Of the 50% revenue we will contribute to charity for these items, half will go to the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and half to Doctors without Borders.

reduced

this is in game as Lance Mastery

you said that would be removed

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  8. DarkStarr

Great stuff! Fixed almost all of these

9. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

The first couple times I read through this, I somehow didn't connect these with being the same items. Maybe just change the "paintings" term to "parchment" or "wall hanging"?

Should this be "Not Tradeable"? I know other MMOs use a "No Trade" tag, but this doesn't read correctly.

Otherwise, this looks like a great release! Thanks!

10. DarkStarr

fixed

11. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

As usual, dankeschön, Starr!

12. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

This is wrong as the ring gives a -50%.... this means that crits will be doing 2x instead of 2.5

13. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

It’s correct. The -50% is in red and is supposed to be in red. It reduces your critical hit resistance so you’re taking more damage. Previously it made you more likely to be crit.

14. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

that makes absolutely no sense. If it inceases the damage that you take from critical hits then the example description is even more wrong. Either way it is incorrect.

15. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

It’s a screwy representation. Same thing with fireflies. When it’s on the boss it says -X% if you mouse over the debuff. It refuses their resistance to it which means your own crit modifier to them increases additively by that amount. -X% as a debuff on you is the same as a +X% buff on them. In this case your resistance dropped by the 0.5 factor so the mobs’ damage increase by that same 0.5 factor which puts us at 1.0-3.0 from 0.5-2.5.

The wording is absolutely horrible but it is “correct”.

16. Cryodacry

Cryodacry Avatar

The wording is on the ring.... the ring is equipped on you. you recieve 300% crit dmg instead of 250%.... That is how i read the ring. (red numbers meaning bad logic)

Firefly is a debuff on the NPC where the way i read it is that they would recieve 100% more crit damage. so 250 becomes 350.

If the ring does indeed increase critical damage. This further skews the difference between sword and all other melee. If it makes critical damage 300 instead of 250 the ring alone would be a 7% dps increase at 35 % crit. A high level player with 43 % crit ( easily achieveable ) gets 8.5% increase just from the ring if that is the case. This will make Ring of the Gambler the best in slot for swords.

This would also be very game breaking.

17. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

It’s incoming damage not outgoing. Red text to you means what you receive not what you do. Ring of the Gambler has zero effect on our outgoing crit damage but does increase the damage we critically receive from the outside. No melee skew at all. That’s your other thread =P.

18. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

@DarkStarr
    "Critical Hit Reduction: The critical hit reduction (or increase) provided by skills like Fortify Defense and Firefly and items like the Gambler’s Ring, will now modify the max hit damage for a critical instead of the % chance of getting a critical hit. The Gambler’s Ring, for example, now adds a 0.5 Critical Damage modifier which means instead of doing 1x max normal damage to 2.5x max damage, like normal critical hits, it will instead do 1x to 3x."

The example is confusing.
    The Ring of the Gambler has: -10% Melee Critical Hit Reduction
    Since its in red I assume its penalty to crits. Shouldn't it lower the damage you do when you crit instead of increase it?

So it modifies the damage I take by decreasing my melee crit hit reduction... resulting in an increase? (My head hurts)

So what in the heck does the :+5% Glancing Blow Chance do? (It doesn't appear to modify damage avoidance or the glancing blows skill...)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  19. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

"Removal of Stacking Bonus for Long Duration Buffs: Spells that buff the player in some way that have a duration greater than 1 minute will no longer receive effectiveness bonuses for stacking or charging them. They will still receive a reduced focus bonus. The list of skills that this impacts includes Air’s Embrace, Berserker Stance, Celestial Blessing, Death Shield, Defensive Stance, Douse, Earth’s Embrace, Enlightenment, Ignite Weapon, Inner Strength, Passive Stance, Reckless Stance, Shield of Air, Shield of Crystal, Shield of Ice, Spellbinder’s Stance, and Strength of Earth."

Should Immolation be on this list? Its the fire school "shield" spell/attunement buff.

20. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

On live, the -10% critical hit reduction means your own resistance to critical hits is reduced by 10% thereby making enemy melee 10% more likely to land a critical hit on you. It's the same wording as Fireflies which is the ONLY reason we have any clue what this horrid wording actually means. If you mouse over fireflies as applied to a mob it says -X% crit hit which was explained to add X% crit hit chance for us against them.

So on the QA, it means that our critical hit damage resistance is dropped by whatever it's dropped by. That's not our outgoing crit damage, that's our resistance against incoming crit damage. So in the example with 0.5x, our resistance was reduced by 0.5x which means mobs will do 0.5x more damage when they crit. Hence the 0.5-2.5 becoming 1.0-3.0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.