1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 48 Major Artifact Changes: Repair, Salvage, Enchant, Masterwork

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

You will need to grind for those and hope for a lucky drop

Leelu and Budner like this.
  2. UncleBenny

UncleBenny Avatar

I'll be taking my artifacts off while fighting Corpus now.

Actually the more I think about it, why do I wear any armor at all while fighting him......but that's off topic :oops:

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

In this case, he has some valid points........
    When he said:
    I agree completely......

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    Mykll, Xandra7 and GreyMouser Skye like this.
  4. The Banker

The Banker Avatar

Some things to consider

1. The stats of many artifacts are better than the base stats of their crafted equivalent.
    Being able to enchant and masterwork them not only allows them to directly compete but in many cases they will be superior to crafted goods

2.The artifacts being cycled out of the economy will be the crap ones no one use that do not sell well.

3.It's going to require multiple essences / something else because there are more than enough crappy artifacts out there to make repairing cheap and easy.

Sara Dreygon, K1000 and Hornpipe like this.
  5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

True, but Tier 2 components are getting a boost, and new Tier 3 components are coming in next release. That may easily tip the balance back to crafted.

Sara Dreygon and Hornpipe like this.
  6. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Where does the Warlock Chain fit in with these changes, its a crafted item made from many artifacts.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Sara Dreygon and Paladin Michael like this.
  8. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Yes i saw that the other day and wondered the reasoning behind the statement. Still the Warlock necklace is a bit of both, both an artefact(many) but crafted with recipes and other fuels, making it as well a crafted item.

Sara Dreygon and Paladin Michael like this.
  9. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Will it be possible to salvage rare crafting resources when destroying the artifacts.. or just the essence? Will the essence have other uses?

monkeysmack and Paladin Michael like this.
  10. Fruck

Fruck Avatar

I asked this at Sotacon last week, the reply was "it will break in to its subcomponents and need to be remade into the chain again" - most likely with some other durability hit.

11. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Glad he wrote "most" of the rings or people would craft it and break it down non-stop for the exp or to get the +1

12. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Chris is quoted as saying is CAN be salvaged, meaning it doesn't need to be, or doesn't have to be, and can be kept as is. From what you are saying it sounds it will automatically be broken down for some reason, to then have to be remade, seems a bit of a mess and to what end?

Obsidian Tempest likes this.
  13. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Cabalist loot counts as artifacts?

Sara Dreygon and Senjut like this.
  14. Whitestag

Whitestag Avatar

2 sucker sticks and some bailing twine was the old way....

Budner likes this.
  15. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

Interesting change! My first thought is that it gives the currently "useless" artifacts a place in the economy because they now will have value for their essences.

16. Viper_Venom

Viper_Venom Avatar

I don't agree with the people complaining about the artifacts and high level players farming them. If you work hard and finally get that one artifact you wanted, and are upset the high level players can get them easier, then can't you see that you are on your way to doing that? It's not that hard to focus on the skills you need to kill bosses and become that person yourself. So now you are saying the people who worked hard to become the high level players should have it taken away because you are lower level and don't feel like raising your skills properly to do the hunts yourself? Also I get attunement rings and other artifacts just in the mines. While the chances of getting artifacts is greater on bosses, you still get them. My first big artifact was Ankh of Sacrifice, which I got a few minutes after entering a zone (Sequanna Colossus) off an elven archer. I got plenty of artifacts just doing 5 skull zones back then, because I wasn't strong enough to kill any boss. Now, they said they will be raising the drop rate on artifacts, so lower level will be able to get them, even if you can only play 2 hours a week or whatever it is that is stopping you from raising your adventure level. My guess is if you can't kill bosses and have spent time in the game, then you are raising up too many skills and not focusing on the ones most needed. It's great to have a little of everything, but that slows you down a lot when raising your level. It doesn't take 100 gm's to kill a boss. You can only have so many skills on your skill bar. If you are so worried about high level getting artifacts, how about you ask someone who is high level how you can achieve the same thing instead of complain it's out of balance because you barely play the game?

Schneider DragonFang, Mac2 and By Tor like this.
  17. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

addon store, where all the well dressed staves shop

EDIT: ps, for a glow lasting longer than 4 hours.. uhh just grin and bear it

Budner likes this.
  18. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I think you might need to change your thinking. By making them master workable and enchantable we are making Artifacts crafted goods. 99% of the effort of making the best gear is not creating the initial item but rather in enhancements to it. What we do need to change is to make it so the maker's mark for artifacts is based on the person who put the first enhancement on it.

Yes, and those will no longer be considered "crap" and will start selling better!

This will only repair the minor durability. Whether or not we also have the COTO repair for major durability is still being discussed.

Applerust, devilcult, Numa and 5 others like this.
  19. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Im very excited about this change, thanks.

Also they will break removing them from the economy.

Though it makes taming even more worthless, no one will want to wear a taming whistle. #evenworsetobeatamer.

20. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

This is not actually true, it will be more like 80% RNG deciding if we get an artifact drop to farm "mats", 15% luck it doesn't break when enchanting it.

Mac2 and MFWalter like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.