Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Release 48 Post Draft: Feedback Please

Discussion in 'Release 48 QA Feedback Forum' started by DarkStarr, Nov 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Here is a VERY early VERY rough draft of the Release 48 Instructions Post. As always this thread is for editing the post itself, clarifying the contents, etc. It is NOT about debating game features, decisions, etc. Please start other threads for that.

Also as usual the links to instructions and known issues are pointing to R47 so I don't need to be told that. :)

I also don't need to be reminded about blank areas or places that say <insert more here>. I got those. :)

Also please DO NOT give feedback on the ORIGINAL text that I cut and paste from the Quarterly Schedule Post. As a rule we never edit the original text. We only put new text afterwards in italics. That way we make sure everyone knows we aren't hiding anything, especially if something is delayed. ;)

NOTE: Some things listed here are not yet in the build and might NOT make the release!

Quenton, Hornpipe, Rentier and 8 others like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

standard time now

it's

hopes

Wintermute of CoF likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Wow, so soon.

4. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Yes - if they released on the 30th that would truncate their Christmas release too much - and American Thanksgiving is on the 23rd which pushes this release mid-month. Certainly a unique release window :)

5. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Yes and good points that I should add to the post

6. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Perhaps the names of the tier 2 mines should be adjusted, since "The mines are mainly sources of metal ore (iron or copper) with a very small occurrence of gold or silver (no gems)."
    ?

Lost Whiteguard Silver Mine (Love): Located in the Perennial Coast in the mountains that separate Solania and the Whiteguard Foothills, this mine was once a primary supplier of ore to local military units. After a collapse, it hasn’t been used in decades. Its recently been unearthed by Ebon Dawn humans.

Understorm Gold Mine (Truth): Located in Longfall and connecting Longfall Woods with the island of Storm’s Reach, the Understorm Gold Mine is inside a cluster of damp and mossy caverns that stretch underneath the Bay of Storms. The elves that mine the rich ore nodes for copper and gold will fiercely defend their claim.

Broken Echoes Silver Mine (Courage): Located in the South Paladis region between Jaanaford and South Broken Road, this giant vertical cavern is a rich in copper and silver. It’s Its mine is operated by Satyrs and their faun thralls from a concealed “office” in Jaanaford.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I really hope that this ultimately translates to reduced decay for being revived via the Resurrect spell.

8. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

That would be a great incentive for people to play together.. and maybe someday being able to heal people you run across (with them having the option in their game options, to not allow it..for those against that)

Mortanius, Rentier, Elwyn and 3 others like this.
  9. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Is 'humans' on purpose? Seems an awkward turn of phrase, usually they're referred to as Ebon Dawn Cultists?

Seems that the indenting is out of whack here?

Paladin Michael likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I suppose there could be Ebon Dawn Elves, Ebon Dawn Satyrs, etc.

11. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Which would be fine if they're added, the humans would have to be capitalized to match though.

12. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

@DarkStarr

Solania: An old woman in the crafting pavilion hope you’ll complete a task for her within the new Lost Whiteguard Silver Mine. The one who helps her will receive a new Leather Chest Armor of Love gift.

Solania has a Crafting Pavilion? Is this a new building? Have not seen one before. All the Crafting Stations are in the Crafting STORE near the bank/docks. I was just there on QA and did not see one new. Perhaps the town is wrong? Celestis has a Pavilion but I did not see an NPC Woman there.

Paladin Michael, Elwyn and Alley Oop like this.
  13. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Resurrect needs a reason to exist beyond "the nearest ankh is too far away". (And count me as another who would love to see Resurrect work on random people. Is the PvP impact really as troublesome as healing would be?)

Quenton and Rentier like this.
  14. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Since you're rezzed with something like 25% health what would stop someone killing you and rezzing you repeatedly?

15. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Should be November 16?

16. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Saying "NO" at the resurrect prompt?

17. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Yes of course, hadn't thought of that. I would note that there's nothing stopping more than one person rezzing you and the resurrect prompt will stop your progress towards the ankh, so a determined group of players could seriously inconvenience you.

Alley Oop likes this.
  18. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

There's still a cast time, so you would have to be quite organized for that to be a problem. Add in the population limits on adventuring zones, and it becomes much harder to organize. Are you going to have people camp all the ankhs too? All this really does is make it take longer for you to come back alive to be abused again. And what's to stop the person from simply logging off for a while? How long are you going to camp a logged-off player? Also, for now you can always start on the overworld map.

This goes back to what I have suggested before, copying the basic idea of the FFXI "/blockaid" command, with an option to refuse all "beneficial" effects from other players not in your party. For 99% of people it's never a problem, but the few for whom it is a problem love to whine about it loudly, and this shuts them up efficiently.

Most griefing is done by a single overpowered player abusing much weaker players, so I really can't see this being a problem until it is proven so by actually becoming a problem.

losludvig and Wintermute of CoF like this.
  19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@DarkStarr
    Can you tell us when the virtue armors will be on QA so we can check it out?

20. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

I just received the Leather helm of Love ...

Echondas and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.