Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Release 48 postmortem telethon stretch goals

Discussion in 'Release 48 Feedback Forum' started by Beo Shadowstalker, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beo Shadowstalker

Beo Shadowstalker Avatar

Hi all, not sure best place to post this. Today during the telethon they mention that people who spent $5 + (not store credit) will get those stretch goals, all the ice related stuff (hot tub, etc).

I bought the game last week for $40, and when i go to my account screen on the SOTA website I can click the "upgrade" button under "Your Bundles"

I clicked the upgrade button and bought the Elven Starter Bundle that is $45, but since I had already paid $40 for the game it only charged me $5. Just want to make sure that this entered me into getting the telethon stretch goals.

basically, I wasn't sure if this would do it, or if I had to buy a stand alone $5+ item (like a sled or a housing decoration item). Thanks for any clarification!

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Upgrading bundles also counts.

3. Beo Shadowstalker

Beo Shadowstalker Avatar

Cool thank you!

4. Stumped

Stumped Avatar

Since the OP's question has been answered I'll just add on to this thread with a related question. I upgraded my pledge during the telethon, but didn't get credit for it for the COTO promo, and in my account R48 doesn't show up under the special rewards tab. Perhaps it's just too soon, but I thought I would ask if this is normal.

Thanks!

5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The $5 new money only has to be spent during those twelve hours (noon to midnight Central time on the day of the telethon) to get the telethon goodies, and during the four hours of the stream to count toward the number that achieves the stretch goals.

Eventually (but not yet) you will see it listed under Account -> Special Rewards, and then eventually you will be able to claim it in-game at the bank, probably R50.

Remember, it's been a Saturday and Sunday since this has happened. Their wheels don't grind that fast. They don't work on weekends to do account updates, and we shouldn't want them to. This may be the 21st century, but some things still have to be processed as batch jobs, just like they did back in 1977.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They haven't listed the R48 telethon in Special Rewards yet.

7. Stumped

Stumped Avatar

Thanks for the replies all, I'm still pretty new so wasn't sure how it worked. I understand now and I appreciate the replies!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.