Release 5 House Decorating Contest

Discussion in 'Screenshot & Video Galleries' started by Amber Raine, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

looking at all those Throne of Bones makes me feel bad for the Lich... you guys are bullying the poor thing... hehehe

Maka, Time Lord and Tarsin like this.
  2. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

If you go inside of that house the part of the fountain inside of the castle is like a toilet.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Gubbles

Gubbles Avatar

@Aartemis - I managed to just walk by your place without realizing it. Recognized that XMas tree in the back! Nice place.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Speedy

Speedy Avatar

I looked for the House Decorating Contest in the forum and I see my name, without which I've uploaded images.

Thank you for the compliment. :oops:

My house is right in front of the Castle Plot entrance in Owls Head (-165.2 / 64.2 / -54.6).
    I think it's not perfect. unfortunately I can not establish brazier in the corners of the outside area on my plot and the objects twist after some time by a few degrees, not perfect for German thoroughness and precession. ;) Where is my garden gnome? :p

In the pictures here in the forum I like the house of Meticoulus Maniac, good work.

Here are some pictures of my house.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for watching. ;)

Greetings from Germany.
    Speedy Beware

5. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

Due to some image hosting issues I won't be able to post my screenshots until tomorrow night.

I did try to get to most villages to have a good look around. I did see quite a few houses with some very inspiring imaginative decoration and I was very impressed. Unfortunately there were also a large number of vacant or chaotic layouts. If that's what some people plan to do with their house, I'd hate to see their basements! Also, I think if I never see another room full of thrones of bone again it may be too soon!

It would take quite some effort to outfit some of the larger duke & knight's castles but some people really met that challenge. I was also impressed to see some great usage of space in the starter cottages and tiny wizard tower rooms.

The HOB cabinet seemed to be one of the most versatile pieces of furniture, shame it looks like it might be a telethon exclusive item.

Edit: also, adequate lighting made a big difference to the overall impression

Eriador and Khloec like this.
  6. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

My quiet and cozy forest home in Ravensend (35.1, 38.5, 19.9). Follow the main road into town past the town crier (lower fork) and I'll be one of the first three houses on the left.

[​IMG]

My door is always open and strangers are welcome. A fresh loaf of bread just came out of the hearth.
    [​IMG]

Have a rest in my sitting room and we can discuss the day's adventures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The portal leads to the top floor and the shaded entrance to my bedroom in the treetops. From up top you can watch the sun rise, the moon set or just enjoy the warm light of dawn.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let's take a meal in my study and watch the birds.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

This has been my favorite release so far! I love the Wood & Plaster Two Story w/Balcony...Sadly can't put anything down on the balcony yet...
    [​IMG]
    Living Room...
    [​IMG]
    Upstairs...
    [​IMG]
    Crafting Room 1A
    [​IMG]

Crafting Room 1B
    [​IMG]
    Crafting Room 2
    [​IMG]
    Out Back....(Love the new fenceless yards!)
    [​IMG]

8. Ceal Astra

Ceal Astra Avatar

Next to Tarsin's epic feat of bone-throne-a-Rama, you'll find my modest Founder Citizens Cottage:

[​IMG]
    SotA by cealvee, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    image by cealvee, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lightened the pictures, they were way too dark to see originally.
    Had fun decorating it :)

9. Lord Gorynych

Lord Gorynych Avatar

10. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Gorynych, you dont have enough fountain! :p

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  11. LilPaisley

LilPaisley Avatar

I wish I had seen this post earlier. Anyways. Here is my first home. I got a nice little corner lot in Westhollow (-140.4, 28.4, -96.9). I found quite a few bugs and wish list items with decorating...so I did the best I could.

Let's start with the front yard:
    [​IMG]

Next we will move inside to the kitchen. I know what you are going to say. I horde spices, but if you had ever had my Venison Stew you'd think differently:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is my sewing room:
    [​IMG]

A quick shot of the 2nd floor hallway:
    [​IMG]

I am calling this room the guest room. I had originally planned to have be more of a trophy room, but you can't decorate any items place on the floor in the first third of this room. It caused me to change plans and it leaves the room bare looking:
    [​IMG]

Same room facing opposite side. I discovered when placing the metronome that it actually worked. Almost took my head off:
    [​IMG]

This room also changed when the trophy room idea was scrapped. I went out killed another Lich for a second Bonethrone to balance this room out. Symmetry is so important when decorating...don't you think?
    [​IMG]

And last we have the Master Bedroom. I apologize for the quick change, but as soon as we are done with the tour I have to run off to Wrasse Cave. I heard there are some tasty mushrooms there that I just must find to fry up for supper:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well I hope you enjoyed my stop on the Westhollow showcase of homes. There are some comment cards by the door.

12. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

This is a test post for my new image host, if this works I will post a few shots of the house for my character "Crunchy Hotcake" located up to hilltop in Holtrot

[​IMG]

FYI: this is a very crunchy Hot Cake

Arianna and Hazard like this.
  13. Sirius Sternwarte

Sirius Sternwarte Avatar

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one's just for Fireangel:

[​IMG]
    believe it or not, moments after I took this shot a whole party of dungeon raiders zoned on top of me unexpectedly!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Speedy, Lord Baldrith, Khloec and 2 others like this.
  14. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

Not a submission.... just stumbled onto this nice deco in Valemark courtesy of AgmonMithril. Thought it may have been Rustic Dragon's house at first due to all the spinning cabinetry/fencing. All that is missing is a hot tub. Anyway... overall a nice location on a small hill in the forest that used some of the empty space backing up to the trees well.

[​IMG]

Siriustar likes this.
  15. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Is amazing how talented the community truly is, whether they be bards spinning tales into song, story tellers sharing adventures far and wide or designers lighting our imaginations with their artistic eye. Each member of The Shroud of the Avatar community can truly be given a pat on the back. Here in these pictures shows just that, the talent is just astounding! ((personally i saw and fell in love with several more that did not get posted...))

However, in saying so. Community votes needed to be collected, tallied, and awarded. As per the original post - Community your vote was cast in the clicking of "like".

I asked two members of our community who are not affiliated with the station to please count and confirm the votes.

!!CONGRATULATIONS !!
    !!everyone is a winner!!
    !!They all amazingly rocked!!
    --~`~@ Aartemis @~`~--
    Had the most votes however.
    !!CONGRATULATIONS!!
    May all your future endeavours be as wonderfully fun as this house decorating contest was.. and all your travels in the following releases into the far far future be as adventure filled!​

Hazard, Lord Baldrith, Khloec and 3 others like this.
  16. mike11

mike11 Avatar

17. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I like the "thrones yard" but I saw many in the R5. I think we should make a contest specially of "thrones yards". xD

Seriously, why not make some rules just for fun?

Ceal Astra likes this.
  18. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

That is actually what was done - rules just for fun - I do agree i =loved= Tarsin bone yard, made me want bone piles for my house!

and of course now i know who to look for come release when i need my house decorated ~laughs~ Intertior Decorating was always one of those very profitable things in UO, least the servers i played on both "pay" and "player run" =^.^+

Tarsin likes this.
  19. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I know, but I mean to make special rules in the deco just for fun. :p Ok, nevermind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.