1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 5 Update & Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

You're on!

2. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

@Darkstarr, @Firelotus
    For all german speaking players here the whole instruction in german.

Olahorand and rild like this.
  3. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Hmm, instructions and google docs. I did not know there were instructions somewhere and I have been blindly guessing. Can someone show a link or point me to these? Sorry for being dense sometimes. :(

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

GreyMouser24 likes this.
  5. Deus_Irae

Deus_Irae Avatar

Anyone else get a veeery dark screen as soon as they log in to the game? Im able to see the outline of my character and others, but its all dark shapes surrounded by a blue outline...
    I tried messing around a bit with the graphics options but with no luck. Tried restarting the game as well. Worked fine for me in the other releases.

Any clues?

6. Meinlein

Meinlein Avatar

Same exact issue here. I have no clue what the cause is though, or how to fix.

If it helps anyone, I'm getting this behavior on a surface pro with win 8.1 - I believe it's intel graphics running in the native (only) resolution of 1920 x 1080.

7. pedamimi

pedamimi Avatar

No need for the metric system, thank you very much. But daylight savings time is just silly.

8. Floors

Floors Avatar

Lighting is about a thousand times better. Please don't go back to the old way

Mishri likes this.
  9. pedamimi

pedamimi Avatar

Down loader seems borked for me. May have to download it again.

10. hurrakan

hurrakan Avatar

Hi, new backer here - all seems very cool so far.

Regarding known issues:

"Changing the house on a lot or un-claiming a lot will clear and return currently placed decorations to your inventory."

I claimed a lot in Braemar, and decorated a house on it (Wood & Plaster 2-story with Overhang), but then I claimed a new lot in Northshire and lost all of my decorations - nothing was returned to my inventory. I checked the first lot again but it was empty.

Also, using Alt-Tab when playing in fullscreen causes the game to log me out, which is annoying. I have to play in windowed mode to prevent this.

11. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?categories/release-5-bug-forum.105/

Hi hurrakan, welcome to SotA!
    The link above is the area to post about "bugs" Browse through the issues posted and if someone has already posted the issue, add a like to their post. The likes are basically a way to count how many are having the same issue. You can also add your system information to the thread to assist the Devs figure out where the problems may be occurring so they can fix them.

12. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Welcome to the forums, @hurrakan!

You can submit bugs in game and in the sub-forum that Ronan linked.

13. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Alt-tabbing in full screen is a unity bug that will hopefully be fixed soon.

enderandrew likes this.
  14. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I believe all items will stay in your house that was stored in inventory. If you put it back the items will be in there yet. This is by design.

Keira Of CODB and The One like this.
  15. smack

smack Avatar

Hey, that means in another ten years, it will be 12 months long! Problem solved? :)

Back on topic...

Yes, the lighting is definitely different, but there's still something "off" about it. BTW, love the sunsets.

16. hurrakan

hurrakan Avatar

Not sure what you mean - I created another house of same type (on different lot in different village) but I never got those decorations back - something like 500 golds worth. Now I grinded out some more gold and bought some new things, I don't really want to try and lose them all again heh.

17. duch

duch Avatar

ok, so i have question about house. I created single player game and wanted to claim a house but it seems to be impossible. I've tried about 20 houses and all has some owner? I don't see any mobs nearby but cant claim houses. In previous versions i had no problems with that. Is it a bug?

18. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I was incorrect. All of the items will go into your inventory backpack if you have room in there. Otherwise they will be lost. I tested this just to make sure this time.

Keira Of CODB, The One and Eriador like this.
  19. hurrakan

hurrakan Avatar

How much can backpacks carry? I'm only using the list interface. Currently, there doesn't seem to be a weight limit - e.g. I'm carrying hundreds of wood timbers etc. And I can still buy many things from merchants and they all go into my backpack still. So there should have been room for the deocrations to be returned (at least I bought lots more new decorations and my inventory had space for them).

20. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Daylight savings time you can choose to participate in on a state level, no need for federal gov't to change it. Arizona, Indiana, and Hawaii all don't participate in daylight savings time. I don't like the metric system, US system utilizes more useful units of measure, although it is more challenging to remember the conversion. The metric system has less useful units of measure that are easier to convert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.