1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 50 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jan 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:eek: "My Internet Went Down Today!" :confused:

So I went to visit my favorite "offline" place which is our SOTA :)

No, I haven't been in SOTA for quite a while now, on or offline and I'm very please by what I see...

I always said that I would take some time away to gain "new eyes" for a better feedback and suggestions. I'm not there yet because our games not there yet, and what I mean by that is we've come a very long way from the days of having only one city, Owlshead. So many heaps of praise and dreams were from back then as well as a mountain of bad reviews on things like... dare I say... PvP and combat mechanics o_O which were well unfounded at the time! There's always been a false assumption that somehow our SOTA was suppose to be a complete game from it's very beginning of days. development takes time and we are now closing on that time in-which the environment will be complete, for other nonessential but important features to be forever added to it and constantly improved upon. We've all had big dreams of what we'd all like to see here, "but here needed to be done first", so I'm extremely happy to see that "here" will be completed very soon.

We're in the last 20% of development and the environment is very close to realize our dreams :)

Portalarium,
    Just remember that first obscene looking office you guys had when first creating our Ultima Online, then look around at the submarine you guys call an office right now with computers and people packed inside it like sardines wondering how so many can have oxygen enough to be working in such a small place as you have :D Nobody but the players had confidence in that dream you called Ultima Online, none but your fans who filled that world through many crashed servers and down times to have become such a successful game. But now with our SOTA, you've done it all alone with your fans, independent and free from all those Ultima naysayers who who never had a clear vision of what could be. You may all be trapped in a cube right now just as the Time Lord was in Ultima VII, but I assure you that your loving fans will forever set you free! :D
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  2. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Sorry for asking, @DarkStarr, which hills are these "remote hills"? On map in eastern Midmaer I find Spectral Peaks / Mountains or Savrenoc Stronghold.
    Could you give us a clue, please? :)
    Thank you!

3. Doctorface

Doctorface Avatar

@Paladin Michael it means hills road encounters out near savrenoc. Look for stags on the side of the road

4. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Thank you for the hint, @Doctorface! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.