1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 59 Instructions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Oct 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floors

Floors Avatar

Looks good, but considering my experience with R58, I reserve my judgement until the weekend and the initial "issues" have been ironed out.

Mishikal likes this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

What on earth are you talking about, @Duke Gréagóir ?

3. Floors

Floors Avatar

Custom 3D heads was a feature that got yanked that the Dukes were promised in the kickstarter.

StarLord likes this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

What does that have to do with this:
    @Duke Gréagóir ?

Mishikal likes this.
  5. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

What are the new fishing skills?

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

AFAIK, there are no new fishing skills.

Sean Silverfoot, Jaesun and gtesser like this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

not yet

Jaesun, By Tor and gtesser like this.
  8. Innascual Inch

Innascual Inch Avatar

Very impressive amount of work done and excellent quality of life changes!! Great work on listening to your customers Portalarium. Very excited I am.

9. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Port went back on a big pledge item of a custom avatar head due to being too expensive. Even though the price of the Duke pledge was precalculated to include that reward’s expense. Otherwise why offer it?

Port substituted a lb or ds created weapon or armor piece instead, which is not worth 1 cent.

10. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Yes, but what does that have to do with "Pumpkin Head and his Minions" ?? @Duke Gréagóir

11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Yay forced multiplayer. Why forced multiplayer is ok and forced PvP isn't nobody can explain to me. Anyway, I want my spo back. Now. Everywhere.

12. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

A very good release and good to see the Devs have gone through with their plan for auto open settings in the overworld and towns.

Hopefully the game is finally moving in the right direction....we shall see.

13. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

Be cool my brother...
    I'm cookin' up an idea to pitch at 'em that'll put steam in your stride...

@DarkStarr, I got ideas man!!! I got some good 'uns!!!

Goodie Goodie... YEA BABY!!! LMAO!!! WOOO!!!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  14. StarLord

StarLord Avatar

I am very much against that forced multiplayer.
    Shroud had been promised as selective multiplayer - and I want to be in SPO, not multi.
    If I want to see other players I can enter a party or go to the dance scene - else I DO NOT WANT to see any other players.
    So I request the option to disable the forced multiplayer in POTs, preferably everywhere.

15. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

I genuinely don't understand why someone who does not want to see other players plays an online game ?

It's like me playing an off line game and complaining that there is no one else around.

A core strength and reason for the existence of an online game is social interaction/cooperation to some degree or other. For an online game to have game mechanics that encourage non interaction can only lead to its failure because ultimately there is no point to such a game.

16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

SPO. Unique selling point.
    Now that we went full blown f2p the audiance of the game will get worse.
    And now that we went f2p i am getting forced to play with exactly that kind of audience i try to avoid?!
    No thank you.

17. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

SPO a unique selling point that not nearly enough people are buying...

18. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

I liked having the option. When I’m in town at the vendors or crafting and an annoying player was playing some awful music and coming up to me repeatedly asking if I need help or want to buy something off of him or his website it was nice having the option to click to my own instance. No it didn’t happen often but in the larger cities it does happen.

19. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

This.
    I love the online experience, making friends, doing stuff with people, etc.
    However, dealing with trolls and idiots is not something I want to deal with.

Sota has offered a unique, fantastic ability with selective multiplayer to play an online game, play with your friends, participate in events, economy, etc. BUT not have to deal with undesirable elements.

I -understand- why you want to force multiplayer in towns. I get it. All I'm asking for is the OPTION to manually put myself in private mode if I want to do something private, like craft in peace.
    I had a problem with the pvp scenes went forced multiplayer for the same reason - made these scenes not even visitable/explorable unless you want to deal with people wasting your time/interfering with you. If I want to pvp, I know where the mode select button is, thank you.

Now with towns -

I once had a player follow my character around while I was decorating a lot, and keep talking to me. Anyone who does a lot of deco knows that you can't really type while trying to ooch hedges straight or move objects because you have to hold down the mouse. I didn't mind engaging in some small conversation, but I was trying to get something done, and after 45 minutes of being followed and asked 20 questions, I went onto private mode.

I was crafting some stuff and trying to calculate/keep track of mats used, I was keeping an eye on refining efficiency procs - amidst the chatter and people training on the dummy and such, or the person casting earthquake that was shaking my whole house, - all the extra particle effects were affecting performance. I was trying to get something done, so I went onto private.

Or I had a bad day at work and I just want to log on and organize my stuff....
    Or I'm trying to move pavers around the town and people keep standing on them....

And this is all innocent stuff, people aren't TRYING to be annoying.
    With this and free-to-play I'm sure we'll get the usual troll types who will run around spamming duel requests (thank god we can disable that) , guild invites (I'm in a guild, so safe there too) and just generally make pests of themselves for no other reason than to irritate and annoy.

I dunno. It concerns me.

Don't get me wrong. I LIKE that if I enter a town, it defaults me to open mode.
    I don't like losing any ability to go to a private instance. I could even go so far as to say, npc towns fine. Pots...seems pushing it.

I dunno, like, I know we have a block list? But I don't necessarily want to block someone, I'd just prefer to craft without their naked buttocks in my face or without 2 or more unsynced instrument playings blaring out of my speakers. And blocking someone wouldn't stop them from say, following you around in a marching band outfit playing something on repeat or just making noise. Yes, I can disable player music, but I don't want to disable it completely, I like player music under normal circumstances.

Not to mention we'll not be able to do the poltergeist thing anymore =/ Go on private mode during the guild meeting and randomly move things in the guild hall as if my 'magic' ...:X

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    Koldar, Mythic Blade, Lace and 17 others like this.
  20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

That's your opinion.
    Non the less the change will force me to put most of my deeds in the locked mode.
    I don't mind ppl strolling my houses when i can go to SPO to avoid them.
    If we get forced MMO *shrugs* get off my lawn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.