Release 68 Lot Permissions Update

Discussion in 'Developer Depot' started by Lord Subtleton, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Dhanas

Dhanas Avatar

Is there a way to disable people with lower rank to move decoration in a lot?
    If not it messes up all the vendor i have shared with others in my personal houses

2. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

To advertise my recommendation:
    (all items): Decoration move: {public | tenant | kindred | trustee | co-owner} -> Set to the minimum access level that is needed to move the item around.
    (all items): Decoration use/open: {public | tenant | kindred | trustee | co-owner} -> Set at vendors to minimum access level that is needed to open the vendor UI (buy from them, placing buy orders)

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Brigade – Bug Hunter

every steward who's put down a lot of their own deco is gonna want to pick it up and re-place, too, though admittedly there wasn't a tenant system for that in the first place so it IS an improvement for pot deco.

4. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

it would be really funny if on release day a bug appears where every tenant can pick up your things and put them in their inventory... someone will surely take advantage of it... LOL... CHAOS

Cordelayne likes this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I tested it and I can confirm that if you have any level of access above Guest then you can move all decorations.

6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They also added Public to the options for taking items from a container, so any container can act as a public cache now I guess.

7. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

That is a good thing.

---

Is this the 'offical' feedback threat to the new access system or is this thread anouncement only? @Lord Subtleton

Barugon likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Lord Subtleton
    We need a way to set all the decoration that have been placed by us to have the permissions that are setup in our Permission Options.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes.

10. Lace

Lace Avatar

Oh so like now you can have a Chaos house and let random strangers move stuff and get a new look everyday!

I am being serious we will probably make a chaos house in Diamond Fields

Jaesun likes this.
  11. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton SotA Dev Moderator SOTA Developer

[FIXED] - Guest access is converted to ?none? and those listed can not be edited or removed from list.
    [Issue #65310] - There is a newline missing on items that are showing item bonuses before "Item Permission: .."
    [Issue #65311] - Items placed by other players should show their name

Tenants will have access only to containers that they placed. There is currently no way to share the contents of a container with a Tenant, other than to make the contents Public.
    The current plan is to have Tenant and above be able to move items on the lot. Based on feedback, it sounds like some players would be concerned about Tenants having the ability to move items that they didn't place.

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yes.

Duke Olahorand and CatweazleX like this.
  13. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

I suspect that's "a lot" of players rather than "some" -- or will be if it's not tweaked before release.

Giving tenants the ability to move items is great, but it should be the innkeeper or other property owner deciding which items are movable by tenants, not all of them becoming movable by default.

14. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

YES!! THIS!!

By default, existing/placed objects should not be moveable by anyone but the proper owner/co-owner/kindred. Let the owner of the lot manually set the things they want moveable afterwards. Otherwise, that's literally hundreds of pick up/put down for hundreds of people.

Chatele, Vaiden Luro and CatweazleX like this.
  15. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Very cool!

Janek the Just likes this.
  16. Lace

Lace Avatar

Exactly a tenant in an inn is just that, they own their room and the contents, but should not redecorate the inn. (this is how it is currently) Guests currently can unlock doors and gates on a lot, but that is about it as it is now. IT was mentioned that tennents can place their own vendors, um I don't agree with this, since the number of NPC slots is limited. You can end up with a tenant placing a pet in the room, and then no one can put up a vendor. The vendors should be limited to the lot owner as it is now.

I do have a general question for all, can guest or tenant use a vendor. We have a coop house where folks were listed as kindred to be able to use the vendor to list their things, has anyone looked at this. I just haven't had time to look at this on test.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    Duke Olahorand likes this.
  17. Lace

Lace Avatar

@Lord Subtleton

One other thought, and this may be out of scope but has any thought been given to public caches (now any container set to public) having a per day limit? I know a few have requested this to prevent those that like to abuse systems (and while it would not prevent make an alt abuse in a free to play game) it could curtail it for those that want to share but not have to police constantly.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  18. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

I've been looking forward to the day my lots are completely set up and hoping when that happens, that I'll be able to allow newbies to list on my specialty vendors rather than buy their own, when they don't want to be a full-time merchant (or have to rely on the expensive public vendors). But I'd only want them to have access to the vendor, not to anything else on the lot.

I'd also love to be able to have a vendor that only certain people could use, to sell OR BUY, without having to hide it behind a locked door.

I'm not sure if either of these things are possible now, but it would be great if the new permission system allows for it, either for R68 or down the road.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  19. Lace

Lace Avatar

Currently in R67 kindred does this .. with kindred access you can control your vendor and lot. The new changes seem to blur that and I hope they correct it to keep what is good now but allow folks to play chess etc.

20. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

So, if I'm reading this correctly, the issue is only really an issue for those you've enabled tenant or kindred access for? Because I would argue that if any implementation of this system in such a way that it requires users to login and change the permissions of anything in order to keep things as they are should be considered a complete failure.

Chatele, Rowell and Drake Aedus like this.