Remote bank access device

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ng_dominic, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ng_dominic

ng_dominic Avatar

Hi

Can anyone tell me if this device allow me to select whatever bank i can remote deposit and withdraw from?

2. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

Bank is universal now.

3. Sid

Sid Avatar

I confirm, it's just like a regular bank, you can access from anywhere, anytime.

4. smack

smack Avatar

Well, you can access anywhere that you have access to the remote bank device, meaning in only towns and only on property lots.

We need a true universally accessible bank, where you can access it from any location in any scene, like they did with the universally available Crown Shop vendor (and Claim Rewards UI).

5. Sid

Sid Avatar

Yes lol, that's what I meant, from where you place the actual device on the ground when it's placeable. Thank you for detailing ^^. It slipped out of my mind lol

6. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

I don't think we do need this. I'm a hoarder and even I think this would be a step too far.

Ability to search all assets would be good from anywhere. Happy if for technical access for this to be delayed and cached.

But never having to return to a town, and therefore never having to leave a scene, would definitely unbalance lost vale and any future time limited scenes.
    Though this would not be my main reason. I personally think all MMOs need some downtime activities. It is during these times that the social aspects of an MMO comes to the fore.
    Without the downtime type elements I would be better off playing a MOBA than an MMO.

Regards
    Spung

7. smack

smack Avatar

That's a very good point. But there's nothing to say how they implement such a universal bank access feature.

- they could limit it as withdraw only. purely up to them if they allow deposit
    - they could tax the withdrawals or deposits if that's allowed
    - they could limit the number of items or number of transactions in some way
    - etc...

There's a ton of small things they can do for QoL here.

8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Uhm... No... Bank <> Inventory, and that's what you're asking for.

Elwyn likes this.
  9. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

I'd like to know if you can make a bank access device open to members of the public if on your lot.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

They must be on your lot access list in order to use a remote bank device.

Elwyn, Jaesun and craftymethod like this.
  11. craftymethod

craftymethod Avatar

Thought as much, Cheers Barugon.

Barugon likes this.
  12. smack

smack Avatar

With a remote bank device, it is equal. This suggestion simply extends that beyond the borders of a property lot.

13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

No, they are not... See below.
    Two things:
    • Banks have no weight limit.
    • Banks can have a Very High number of slots... an infinite number if you're willing to pay for them.
    Given these two facts, extending Bank Access beyond the borders of a Lot has multiple deleterious effects.
    • Your bank becomes an extension of your inventory for which you pay No Weight Penalty.
    • Encumbrance becomes obsolete, so long as you have bank slots.
    • If one has access to one's bank at any point, then you have effectively infinite ability to grind and collect loot, simply depositing it in your bank.
    • As bank slot are easily available for purchase, the rich (either in game, or real world) with disposable income multiply these advantages.
    You suggestion simply extends that beyond the borders of a property lot, and in so doing destroys some other key components of the game, removes decision points, and further deepens the divide between the haves and the have-nots, providing another advantage to those that have more money, either in-game, or out. I believe that is the very definition of Pay-to-Win.

So... again... No.

Elwyn, Jason_M and Black Tortoise like this.
  14. smack

smack Avatar

There are many creative ways to mitigate these issues. You're too narrowly focused on how it exists currently, which it doesn't have to be. And why would a freely available access to a universal bank be P2W? You don't need to own property or anything to access it, but sure, they could charge for a portable bank device, much like the Orb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.