Remote Development is the Future of Tech

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Black Tortoise, Mar 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

They don't have enough money. Thinking otherwise would be stupid. They cut the team in half then moved to an another office and now they're working from home without having an official office. I don't know a lot of healthy company without offices to make business. This kind of situation is really bad for the game, as people will think that the game is dead and the devs are trying to save what they can. I'm myself preoccupied with my signed novel that i didn't get yet and I don't believe I'll see Episode 3, 4 and 5.
    Anyone who's in the gaming industry will see a sinking boat.

This is bad news, indeed.

Arcanoxer, Gorthyn, Rentha and 2 others like this.
  2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Just for your information I am a Dev and I also work from home once in a while, working from home is not for everyone as there are a lot of private issues you will have to work out with your family. Example: The wife, kids need attention. They mostly never understand that working from home, really means sitting behind your PC for 8 hours and actual WORK.

It is a different situation, you have an office where other colleagues are working and any trainee's or new comers go to work.
    That YOU have the option to work from home is nice. And if 65% of your colleagues are working from home is also nice. Still does not change the fact that it is a different situation.

The fact I am concerned about is, they stated in the past they would hire new people to work on EP2. But how will they hire and learn the new workers without an office in the first place. Yes the statement was, we are looking for new options. We will hire new people end of the year to work on EP2.

I am getting very confused on their mix of statements everywhere.

You know what, I do not care anymore. I am out of this boring conversation. Getting tired of being so negative on the forums lately.

Vero, Cordelayne and FruityTooty like this.
  3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I predict EP2 will be delayed years, much like EP1. o_O

4. Rat2

Rat2 Avatar

So, the Seedinvest investors could get a tour of Atos' kitchen? LOL!

Helverian, Arcanoxer, Feeyo and 2 others like this.
  5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Wake up and... then do what? I mean I'm now woke but you've provided no further instructions... I'll probably just continue to play for few hours every night with good friends... oh the humanity :eek:

Jaesun, Barugon and Alley Oop like this.
  6. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Good for you.

7. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Well, let's look at this in another way:

1. Chris told how the rent price raised in the office before and now.
    Until they can find a better and payable place, this decision was a logical one.

2. I am working every day in another place. What? I am driving by car / train to clients. I am an IT consultant.
    At least one day a week I am at home in my office. The enterprice I am working for has over 7,500 people. And I COULD work from a office in one of our departments.
    I won't do it. We meet every two or three months to talk face to face in our team (and to be honest: we also could do this in a hotel).
    Rest of time we mail, phone and use modern communication stuff.
    It works.

3. Look: all of us are all around the world(!) Talking about something in forum, meeting in a virtual place (called New Britannia).
    We are using chat. We meet in game to fight a boss or something else ...
    Would someone claim, it isn't possible to work together this way? ;)

As a matter of fact I wish, they did this 2 years before and so some good people mustn't been fired.

The current decision shows they take care about the most important thing:
    show must go on :)

Lesni likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.