Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Remove Interrupts

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, Oct 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Strangely, most of my interrupts are done by mages and archers. I have more success during melee attacks with arrows (even tho i try to use fists when available) I use shield of ice sometimes but not always due to the regent cost.

Tahru likes this.
  2. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I tend to find reagent costs marginal at the moment. Other than my Summon Water/Ice Elemental spells that see a lot more use with the crazy respawns I don't tend to burn a lot on other spells. I use Shield of Ice and Soothing Rain quite often. With mages, tossing in douse seems to really help. With archers, I tend to find it best to pause, make sure you are facing them, and then try to time your attack. Archers have long been the bane of my existence, but I am finding it not too bad to manage 2 or 3 (yellow) so long as they are not behind me. Archer attack from behind wrecks me. With all above specified conditions met I can usually outdo them ranged. They'll interrupt me a couple times but not enough to make it that painful. My primary ranged spells are Ice Arrow \ Searing Ray \ Lightning. I'll switch Ice for Obsidian if planning to encounter water elementals.

Tahru likes this.
  3. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Ya, i'm just kinda cheap hehe...I use soothing rain alot as it heals better than anything from my life tree. I use douse obviously which is high due to it being level 80...I will turn on shield of ice during an ugly battle for even more damage and resist (plus I have fire resist from the fire tree)...don't get hurt by mages as much just archers.

I will charge archers to get out of range for multiples while I kill the one I'm charging. I can't trust my ice arrow to kill fast enough because of the constant interrupts. I would rather fight from a distance but without any ability to block an interrupt I am pretty easy picking if I just stand there (even tho my mage should be able to fight like that and do the most damage).

I have obsidian arrow up to 50 now so it's doing about 70 damage...it's helpful but nothing like my 240 damage ice arrows hehe.

Tahru likes this.
  4. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

I get interrupted by ranged and high damage poison most frequently.

Regularly tank 6+ mobs and 1.5s cast can be dicey against some groups.

The crappy thing is that interrupt rate is not tied to the damage taken. Tested extensively by others.

Although one buff I have can mitigate full damage (parry). Unsure when it's calculated, as I have avoidance, death shield and armour mitigation too

By design, more powerful spells have longer cast times and one has to be more aware of the situation.

And yes, I have been hit many times and not been interrupted, so it's not as vad as some posts make it out to be

5. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

I understand that some people hate interrupts but at least in PvP it's important to have the ability to prevent your opponent from casting spells at you. You can do this with CC, but interrupts also help create combos and can change the direction of a fight. The concept is that as you're attacking someone, they hit you before you're able to complete your attack. I believe the timing of your attacks should be an important skill element in any PvP game.

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.