Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Rent and the new Tenant Permission

Discussion in 'Release 43 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Deathadder, Jun 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathadder

Deathadder Avatar

With the new Tenant permission seeming to allow placement ANYWHERE in a house, is it planned to limit this (meaning per room etc) or leave it as is. I can see it getting quite messy if you have a Tenant deciding to place his objects/items all over your home. Also, if this is to be expanded on, I would recommend allowing the owner to place limits on the number of items as I can see someone eating up all 400 item spots in a village real quick.

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

All in all, it's no rent system at all. It's not even close to one. It's a "you can place stuff and it still belongs to you and not to the house owner" system.

And yes, that system needs a limit the deed owner can set.

3. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

They should be allowed to place items only in the room they are renting, and not all over the house... Hope that is the case, or I am not renting out mine :)

4. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

I thought the Rent system was based on the inside doors and the ability to set permissions on those, not the entire building?

Tamsen, Sentinel2, FrostII and 4 others like this.
  5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Again: there is no renting.
    The renting system is (at least imo) fundamentally connected to the room.
    As it is now with the r43 draft all we get with r43 is "players can place stuff. and keep it if they aren't the owner of the deed". Sure, this is part of a working renting system. But it is so far off the main system that it can't stand for itself as "renting".
    Yes, there is some rage here ^^

Tamsen, Sara Dreygon and K1000 like this.
  6. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

That's was my impression as well.... haven't tested it, so maybe someone who has can clarify it?

FrostII, Sara Dreygon and K1000 like this.
  7. Deathadder

Deathadder Avatar

This is what I thought and if I a not mistaken, it was shown that was based on access to doors and such... I will have to find the video, I think it was in the one where they showed the new Inn building with the 50 gazllion rooms.

K1000 likes this.
  8. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Perhaps it is still to come, but there is no Right Click menu on internal doors on QA, yet.

9. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

First, the system still isn't in the latest QA builds, we are still working on it. You will be able to see some parts of it in the current UI, but it isn't functional yet.

The first, and hardest step, has been item ownership on lots for different users (other than the owner of the lot.) This is the centerpiece of the system and is what makes any rent/tenant system functional at all. We are working on door permissions also, and may get some in for this release, but I'm not 100% sure yet, so it isn't mentioned in the current R43 document.

If someone places an item as a tenant in a place that you don't want them to, owners and co-owners will be able to both send individual decorations to the tenant's bank, or revoke someone's tenant status completely, sending all of their items to their bank.

Sentinel2, Numa, Leelu and 15 others like this.
  10. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Thanks for the detailed information!

11. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

I don't see what the problem is. Renter property safety, check. Easy payment feature, check. How hard is it to say "please only place items in your room or you will be evicted"? Check. Only thing left is door permissions which is being worked on and all is good.

Womby, Vox Aquila and Cordelayne like this.
  12. Tristano Sforza

Tristano Sforza Avatar

Please keep entire rentable house option too, maybe using rent feature on the main door.
    Thanks

licemeat and Shade Cido like this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Clicking on a door and using a key would be fantastic like in some dungeons. For example if someone rents a room to you or a house to you then get a key to use on the room or house door. Of course not paying rent for certain amount of time sends your placed stuff to the bank well unless you are lucky and get a rent-free house or room. Right clicking on the door or using a key could bring up a menu of options. I also agree that we need doors in some homes or perhaps we must click on the door frame to rent them to people if no doors will be added like in the Kobold row homes which I love the look of.

Hornpipe, Sara Dreygon and Grimbone like this.
  14. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Are out houses required for renting?

Sara Dreygon likes this.
  15. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

As long as it's clear that this is not the final iteration, I'm okay with it.

I'm still interested to see how room-based rental works in cases like rooms that are only accessed through other rooms (aka closets), and houses with few doored rooms. I suppose that R43 will make it work for that case first, then room access can go in later.

Meanwhile, I am preparing my properties to become an underground basement slumlord... ha ha ha! Outhouses? The woods are right over there, watch out for bears!

Numa and Time Lord like this.
  16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

In other words we don't need a system at all.
    Because i could always say: please saty to your room. please pay your rent. Don't worry, i will give back all your stuff when i kick you out.... :rolleyes:

In other words: why is it so hard in this game to get a complet system. Why has everything to come in the smallest possibel pieces?

majoria70 likes this.
  17. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I think that this is not exact. Currently, when someone put something on a lot owned by someone else, the object can be taken by the lot owner without any condition. With the new system, the lot owner will only be able to evict the object to your bank. It offers garantees to the tenant who will not lose any items.

Numa, Womby, Time Lord and 1 other person like this.
  18. Earl Atogrim von Draken

I am aware of that.
    But who offers guarantees to the owner? Like, that he/her gets his/her payment? Or that the tenant dosen't spam the whole house with items?
    Aagin: my point is that we, again, get just half of the system. Usually i don't care much about that. But this one feature is in my opinion too important to get it online in parts.

19. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

I rent property IRL and have 4 lots in game ready for rental so I have a vested interest in this too.

Sounds like you are looking for easy mode becuase all the tools needed to run a functional rental really are soon to be available. Believe me there are no guarantees to the owner. You don't get paid, have to go collecting or kick em out. They spam the house with items or any other agreed upon 'rule', give them warnings or kick em out (and all their stuff automatic goes to their bank). You have to do work with rentals, not just sit back and collect payments.

For me this is going to be great as I won't have to repair broken furnace or paint and carpet after each new tenant. :D

Womby, Vodalion [BEAR] and Elwyn like this.
  20. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Yes i am aware of that as well.
    I do rent out flats in RL.

Following your argument we are again at the point where we don't need this system at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.