repair kit

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by katjane, Aug 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katjane

katjane Avatar

I have spend the last 2 sessions wandering around towns trying to find a repair kit. I think I will go back to SWTOR for awhile I am frustrated with this process.

2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

All combat merchants, Armor merchants, and Blacksmiths have repair kits?

Ardoris has numerous of these merchants.
    Soltown has blacksmith.
    Resolute has a ton of these merchants.
    Most POTS have them, not sure where your looking?

3. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

welcome to the game katjane hope you are enjoying the game

I have just created a video hope it helps you.

remember to post any questions here in the forums and I have created a youtube page dedicated to the game where your answers might be found.

I look forward to meeting you in the game

I also accept all friend requests so you will know when I am online to ask questions in the game.

Sentinel2, Rear Admiral and Stundorn like this.
  4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Lot of people make this sort of experience - game lacks infos and some more hints.

I would reccommend to have a big DB with FAQ available for NPC Guards and make it possible to ask for things like that.
    Where to find this, where to find other NPC and such...

Good to have people like skeggy around and most players as myself are glad to help, but that shouldn't neccessary that much and poeple should be able to deal with this sort of "problems" by themself.

A thing like this is the Quest what send you to Brittany to find a special Paper.
    The Hint is, search in Brittany - wow!
    Really, i want these guards have some gossip, clues, hints and help ready.
    They even aren't able to "guard" me, maybe then the can guide me and should be called guides and not guards :p

Welcome to New Brittania Outlander!!!

5. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

@katjane When you enter Brittany Wharfs from the overland map, walk forward until you reach the town crier and then enter the building on your right. That merchant sells repair kits.

6. katjane

katjane Avatar

thanks all I was a little frustrated last night not only because I couldn't find the kits, but I kept getting disconnected. After a long time of checking out every vendor that I ran into,I did some research online and everything seemed to point to tradeskill vendors. So I was only checking them. I will try again tomorrow night when I get on using some of this advice.
    And I agree with Stundorn. I am sick of games that eventually make everything so easy you don't even have to think about it, but this game is at the opposite end of the spectrum. I don't mind working for things but this game takes it a little too far. Maybe I won't give it up yet :)

Numa, Wintermute of CoF and Stundorn like this.
  7. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

aggree - i am for myself stucked again :(
    this Game will hype and frustrate you in turns :confused:

8. katjane

katjane Avatar

unless there is more than one the only building near the town crier was the guard building

9. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

@katjane There are actually 3 buildings near the Crier that sell armor, weapons and shields. As you are looking at the crier with the guard tower behind you, look to your left. It is the one that has a balcony. The crier is just past an archway standing in front of a broken column.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  10. katjane

katjane Avatar

thanks I will check it out when I get back. I am going to take a break for a bit, I spend more time getting DC'd and logging back in than I do playing lately and I only get a few hours ever couple of nights to play

11. Rear Admiral

Rear Admiral Avatar

I've watched a few of your vids, thanks for the help -)

Sentinel2 and Boris Mondragon like this.
  12. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

They not dropping for you enough? I never had to buy any is why I ask. Think you can make them too via crafting. Anyway, hope you stick with the game. I spent a lot of time my first month asking questions here, and got a lot of help. Now, I make guide videos lol. go figure.

Surprised to hear SWTOR is still going. Kept hearing it was going to shut down.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  13. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

This is one of the reasons I've been adding repair kits to my vendors. At a premium of course. Hey, it is a vendor :)

I've had people ask about these now and then. Maybe something to add during the new player walk through at the beginning of the game?

Boris Mondragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.