Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Repair kits at crafting stations...redundant.

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by Soulicide, Aug 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sake888

sake888 Avatar

I'm not even opposed to the max durability degradation as I went so far as to train blacksmithing in order to return the max to 100. What sucks is having to use a repair kit to do that step, and then another repair kit to actually repair the damage. And I've learned that because my blacksithing repair skill is so low, that I can actually do more repair points to the item using the the kit in the field, independent of the blacksmithing table. What seems unbalanced is how the benefactor weapon wears out faster than the trash and how using the blacksmithing table can somehow be less productive.

But I totally understood the pre-alpha state of things before I pledged. This game is really something I never expected to see again, and it feels good to be back in a realm created by people who get it.

2. Shade Cido

Shade Cido Avatar

I'm not opposed to Max Durability Degradation or items breaking when used at Zero or Repaired, this is needed to keep the Crafting economy going, otherwise people will save up for their Superduper Sword Of Massacre (tm) and apart from repair, will never need replacement. Any item brought or made in game should be breakable and subject to Degradation.
    My issue is that items bought out of game, for RL money, in the Addon/Stretch store or items that came with Pledges should never break or degrade. Sure, have them needed repair and unusable at 0% if need be, but they should be indestructible. If you've paid for them with RL cash from the Store you shouldnt be able to lose them just by them wearing out over time.

As for the repair kit issue, its only going to get worse, as you need different Repair kits for different items....want to repair your sword? You'll need Blacksmithing Repair kit, your Staff...Carpentry repair kit. I can see that the Devs want repairing to use resources....but its still going to be slightly annoying having to heave around numerous repair kits...Id say just use basic resources...Ingots for Repairing smith items, Timber for Wood Items etc. So much easier as any crafter will have the basic resources lying around everywhere. Keep repair kits for emergency repairs out in the field, make them expensive and their use Degrade Max Durability and with a possibility of breaking the Item depending on how damaged it is....

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
    Alton Brown likes this.
  3. Sher Shadowleaf

Sher Shadowleaf Avatar

I don't think I mind the repair system, but the frequency is a bit much. In two days, I've used about 8 repair kits. My weapon had to be repaired twice in one day.

KuBaTRiZeS and Duke Raas like this.
  4. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Yes, if the devs intend to make the "max durability" repair as expensive as they mentioned in the telethon video, I expect that the rate of damage received is going to need to drop significantly, or we will all end up replacing our equipment once a week.

They will probably balance it better over the next couple of releases, once they analyze the statistics we are generating for them in-game. :)

Sher and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.