Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Repair kits = lame

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Xi_, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

But it can be paid for, I've been earning enough gold through adventuring to buy new armor and have some left over. People need to avoid dying, and if they want to be extra careful, use extra tactics to avoid armor damage.

If you're talking about repair, yes repair right now isn't worth it.. and not good game design as it is.

4EverLost likes this.
  2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Cost of repairing is psychotic right now heh. Crafting eases the pain.

4EverLost likes this.
  3. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

AGAIN. With this game going to use affinity we should not be buying new gear after every fight. REPAIR should be possible with what we make from adventuring.

4EverLost, Moonshadow and Kaisa like this.
  4. redfish

redfish Avatar

There'll be a repair skill later on when crafting skills are introduced.

This isn't the final game design.

5. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I don't die, it doesn't matter. After level 60 to grind exp you need to surround yourself with mobs and keep them coming. Repairs are like 20k an hour XD

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

Also the cost of everything is pretty high in the game right now. Caltrops are 200 gold each, even though they're just a bunch of metal spiky things that should be relatively cheap compared to armor. I think they just put a fixed 200 gold for a lot of things... I don't know whether they plan to lower it later, or are counting on players buying from other players, and keeping NPC prices high.

I really think they need to set NPC prices to something they want players to compete against. I'm also hoping they allow NPC blacksmiths to do repairs also later on.

4EverLost likes this.
  7. redfish

redfish Avatar

Not talking about repairs... repairs in the game are currently unreasonable... I'm just talking about buying replacement armor.

8. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Bite your tongue sir! nobody discards a <made by Themo Lock> piece of art!

4EverLost likes this.
  9. redfish

redfish Avatar

I discard one of those every week! They're cheap and poorly made! And tacky!

10. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well if you don't like to craft that is fine perhaps someone will make a chest for your house to store things in. At blackblade pass from the owlshead rift there is a secret room if you break the wall that has bronze plate. I have picked up a few and
    have them stored in a chest in my house. There is armor you can find also. I have made about 4 chests so far for my house. I have a furniture chest, an extra armor and weapon chest, a resource chest, and a misc empty right now chest.

One of our developers Chris Spear had said something about items in a chest not bogging down the system and perhaps in the house also. Like they would count as one item because in the chest is not the world and the house is instanced. So if someone knows a
    better explanation of it feel free.

Anyway I would be happy to make a chest for any person who does not want to craft. I want to try everything and even if I weren't going to be a crafter I'd at least want to be able to
    make some basics, perhaps food to keep my character going or something to lessen the cost of survival, but to each their own of course. And of course so I'm able to at least give feedback on the subject too.;)

***sorry edited to make more sense. I should learn to have coffee first sheesh;)

4EverLost, Moonshadow and Themo Lock like this.
  12. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Well you can craft repair kits as is now. But again that's not the point.

I have no issue with durability being in game. But repairs SHOULD be a reasonable price. Putting durability in and then making it cost way too much is just bad design. I shouldn't have to discard my founder gear because I can't afford to repair it.

Moonshadow likes this.
  13. redfish

redfish Avatar

Sure, though direct repair through the crafting skill will always be cheaper then using repair kits, according to what the devs have said. I also think repair kits in and of themselves should be cheaper than they are now -- not arguing with that.

Sir Dorham Isycle likes this.
  14. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Well at this point as we are only testing. They should really do something about durability. Either lower the multiple on how much damage our equipment takes or increase the points repair kits replace. As it is the only thing durability is doing is causing frustration and needless grinding.

Moonshadow likes this.
  15. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Didnt consider that light armor allwos you to avoid actual htis more. Also you tend not to stand there and take the hits, but isntead get out whiel you can.

Now i know why others seem to repair more often than me

Moonshadow and redfish like this.
  16. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

Even with the introduction of a skill that can greatly reduce the cost of repair, the amount of durability damaged weapons and armor take will need to be reduced dramatically!

17. redfish

redfish Avatar

Part of the point of heavy armor is it absorbs damage :>

EMPstrike likes this.
  18. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I think the foudner gear only costs 5 repair kits per peice to repair from 0 to 100

19. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I've been using leather with plate, so when i get swarmed, i dotn stiack around. And i use dodge alot. Now im kinda glad i didnt make that white iron plate chest. I would have gone thru all my gold by now

20. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

Yup. And in my opinion, fruitless testing. A little dev input on a few of these subjects sure would be nice, and would go a long way towards minimizing some of the frustration.

Sorry to say this, and I know it's going to come across as just being critical, but it is what it is. For all their grand claims about "development transparency," and "communication," and "help us develop this game," how much communication do we really have on the forums on subjects like this one?

How are we supposed to have any kind of intelligent debate on something when we don't even know if it's a bug or working as "currently" intended?

I sometimes feel like we're testing blind, and we can post about all these things til our fingers bleed and we'll still be blind because they will never step in and provide any kind of guidance on just what we should be debating in the first place. Or maybe we're not really testing at all, we just think we are, and we're simply playing the game for the PR and posting about it. There's no direction and little to no feedback on what we find.

About the repair kits, (and other things too), if the devs would be so kind as to let us know if we should continue to test repair kits and give feedback on them, or if they're borked and will be fixed in the next release, it would be greatly appreciated.

/endmymorningcoffeerantfortheday (we now return to our regularly scheduled programming)

redfish and Moonshadow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.