Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Repair kits = lame

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Xi_, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Maybe they're testing player tolerance and seeing how people will react to certain things:rolleyes:? Like what would you do about them there gems in them hills? What will you do when it's taken away? If repairs are so expensive what will happen, etc. etc. etc.

Don't see why they can't be testing stuff that isn't just coding and stuff. :p

Personally, wouldn't mind seeing a "community chest" made available funded by players to donate to in-game. Maybe craft something and put it in there for someone to use. Just to help out the fellow player or two.:D

Hawkshield and majoria70 like this.
  2. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

To me this is stressing more that even though this is a leveled game, that it's going to be about going and doing quests more than grinding for hours.

Again I have no problems with the costs involved, just the frequency. If I buy/make a suit of augmented leather armour I expect it to last more than an hour.

Moonshadow and FrostII like this.
  3. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

What? I buy them for 100g each and have done so from day 1 of R14.

4. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I am sickeningly optimistic and positive about everything, but even i have my torch and pitchfork out over this one lol. I try really hard to bring people to the game and help newbies but i lost a fair amount of people over repair cost. Test or no, people need to have fun or they will not play. Except me, i will be miserable but play anyway out of spite :D

Moonshadow and smack like this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Themo Lock,

Tell them that right now that they can buy new armor :> Yes, repair costs need to be lowered, but they can have fun in the game through other options now.

Moonshadow and Themo Lock like this.
  6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The prices fluctuate depending on how many people are buying from a vendor.

The prices drop back down over time.

7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

They have communicated on this subject a couple of times already. They said Duribility will be soemthing a crafter craftign armor can improve on thier gear they sell, and that repair kits will nto be how items are repaired. They will be repaired by crafters.

Moonshadow, Themo Lock and Tahru like this.
  8. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

You missed the point entirely. That's not communication. That's vague generic information. I was referring to communication on our feedback about things we're supposed to be testing, when people are upset about something and have no idea if it's a bug or a feature.

I'm talking about communication on specifics, not some nebulous future intent that's open to a dozen interpretations. I'm talking about letting us know if a specific something that we see as a problem is a bug or intended so we know what we're even debating. I'm talking about letting us know if we're just spinning our wheels instead of letting debates turn into arguments and not willing to utter a single, solitary word.

Did they say somewhere that the outrageous mats for repair kits, or the cost of repair kits, or the outrageous need for so many repair kits, are irrelevant, or intended, or a mistake and maybe I missed it? I know of a couple games in development & testing right now that they communicate with the testers on specific feedback.

If you can show me where this team has ever done that about anything debatable, aside from the occasional comment on a technical bug like misspellings, wrong text, or a boat not working, etc, I will take back what I said.

Edit: Ok, here is an example of the kind of thing I'm talking about. https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...here-buy-an-aether-vibration-amplifier.21058/

That quickie response is nice. I'm sure the op appreciated it as well as the person he directly replied to.............

But it's about fluff. Yet he had time to make that post, and no time to make a quickie post for any of the serious subjects that people are spinning their wheels about. Things that are causing people to spend massive amounts of time in game and on the forums about.

How many threads are there now about the repair kits and the insane amount of resources for crafting now, and/or molds removed, etc, in this release? And how long are those threads? How many opinions and debates about them?

Yet we can't get a simple "These things were done intentionally for a reason, so bear with us" or a "These things were unintentional and/or bugs, so disregard for now." Then at least we'd know if we're putting unnecessary wear and tear on our keyboards endlessly debating it, not to mention going bald from pulling our hair out.

How can we possibly debate whether something "should" be in the game, if we don't even know if it was put there intentionally or is a bug/mistake?

Hawkshield, Moonshadow and FrostII like this.
  9. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Darkstarr posts on a number of topics sorting out confusion, we do need to keep in mind that they are busy and can't reply to all forum threads. The dev chat sessions are the best place to get direct answers. Also worth noting that anything the devs post is considered "official" so if something is mid transition, being reconsidered or redesigned they can't really comment on it until they finish.

10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I heard the information i share from dev hangouts mostly. So i cant show you where they reply on the forums to specific concerns because most of them are answered in this way.

But there are enough of us who have been soaking up info from the dev hangouts and are willing to share what we've heard with folks on the forums that im totally cool with the great feedback the devs have been giving. I know it sucks when you dont hear it fromt he horses mouth yourself, and there are alot of dev hangouts to sift through on youtube, but if it helps, it had to be between the R13 post-mortum and last November.

And Themo is correct in that the devs have, int he past, responded to topics on the forum they had solid answers to.

If you do look through the dev hangouts, good luck with that 12 hour one O.O i couldnt handle the whole thing. its liek trying to watch Gone with the Wind 2 times in a row

Moonshadow likes this.
  11. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

I guess the real question is if repair kits aren't going to be the way to fix gear at release, why have them so hard to make/cost so much/do so little right now? Maybe it's some kind of psychological test to see how much people will take. :)

Moonshadow and Noctiflora like this.
  12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

No its not the way repairs are planned to work. There are no crafting skills in game yet, but crafting skills will include the skill to repair items.
    Also, the way money is made in game at the moment may not be the same at release, as there is yet no real in game economy

13. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

Yeah, so the question becomes why did they make repairs so rough in this release? Possibly just to force people to do it more often to test the system more? Since people were reporting discrepancies in repair rates earlier maybe that's one of the goals this release?

14. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

It is my guess that repairs weren't supposed to be that painful, but instead is an unintended consequence of the market code they added, and is probably a slightly more difficult to modify it for a specific item and make sure it doesn't elicit other problems.

Moonshadow and Tahru like this.
  15. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

Well, I realize you're an optimist. :) But really, he manages to find time to post about things like the buy-ability (or lack thereof) of vibration amplifiers in a tiny thread, so why can we never, ever get a simple hello, goodbye, or go to hell about things that are generating multiple, long, threads, and causing people distress/anxiety/time testing (and posting about) things in the game that may or may not even be intentionally there? (yeah I know, run-on sentence. I'm lazy this morning, lol). And if repairs aren't supposed to work that way, why spend dev time changing them and making them harder and harder? And why not just let us know so we can stop worrying about it?

16. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

And I guess this is what I'm trying to understand. Why should we have to guess? So do we continue to give opinions about it, or ignore it? Nobody knows. That's the problem.

17. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I didnt hear anything from devs about why but ive always thought it was just the normal testing of how costly repairs should be ersus how much of a penalty Dying actually is. The fact that stuff breaks quickly is easily chalked up to testing as well, as they have said they intend Crafting skills and materials both to be what affects how durble an item is, and how easily it breaks

Also, repair kits were this bad last release as well. But both last release, and this release, there were incredibly easy ways to make alot of cash so the price of repir kits had not really mattered up until now.

So it probly has somethign to do with seeing how costly it actually is without thousands of gold readily at your disposal.

Moonshadow, Themo Lock and Tahru like this.
  18. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

thanks for all the info EMP

EMPstrike and Tahru like this.
  19. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Np, The last post is jsut speculation by me tho

Moonshadow likes this.
  20. Hawkshield

Hawkshield Avatar

I have all hand crafted leather items I made, that's hundreds of animal skin. For me, using 3-5 repair kits (which would be 2 iron and 2 leather @ea = a lot less than re-crafting the entire thing) Granted, store bought items or found items I don't repair. Since I use swords and mine broke in combat, it was reassuring to use the elves own swords to beat their heads in, but I digress.

Moonshadow and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.