Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Repairing items at crafting table

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by Kara Brae, Aug 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I tried to repair cloth gloves at the tailoring table using Tailoring scissors and a repair kit, but the Repair button didn't light up. This may be intentional (perhaps something was missing?) so I didn't file a bug report, but I am confused at how this should work. In the end I just dragged the repair kit onto the gloves and they were repaired.

Striker and Soulicide like this.
  2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Just tried it with my own pair of "Cloth Gloves of Greater Dodge" and the Repair button lit up, as expected.

You should report it as a bug. Ensure that you provide a screenshot of the crafting table, so the devs know which items you were using. :)

Soulicide and Kara Brae like this.
  3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I now think my gloves were a bugged item. There is a bug report posted about certain items not having a max durability and being non-repairable at a crafting station. When back in-game I will check the properties of my gloves.

4. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

I had this problem earlier with my Hammer of Flaming. I repaired it once at the station for 12 points, then tried again with same mats and the repair button would not light up.

Striker likes this.
  5. Striker

Striker Avatar

I've had the same happen. Tried to table repair things. Sometimes the repair button activates, sometimes it won't.

6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Some items are/were configured to be repaired at the wrong table. You might try the smithing table instead.

Also as far as I'm aware there are currently no material requirements. Just item, repair kit, tool. Once the item has max durability you apparently (this time around) can't repair it any further using the table.. just use a repair kit by itself like before to repair the item the rest of the way.

7. Striker

Striker Avatar

Yes. After checking with guild mates to make sure I was doing it right, I went back to town to try a third time before letting someone else try in case my weapon was bugged. When I tried again it just worked, simple as you please. I tack it up to bad luck, or maybe a bad day or three.

8. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

Because there are two types of durability now, current and max. Crafting table only repairs max durability. So let's say you just buy a brand new Longsword. The durability would read 100/100. The first number= current durability, second number= max durability. So as you fight both decay over time, max durability slower. So at some point you may look down and realize that the number is now 40/98. You can use repair kits to fix the first number but you will only end up at 98/98 until you go to a crafting station to fix the second number, allowing it to be repaired up to 100 again. You repaired your item to max durability, so there was nothing further to do with it there. If you came back later and it worked, it was probably because you had some damage to the max durability again. (Yes, it is really freakin' redundant and convoluted at the moment.)

4EverLost likes this.
  9. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I believe I have begun to notice.. and maybe it's my imagination.. that repairing current durability at the table is reliant up repair skill. To use the 40/98 example above.. with no skill at the table you repair up to max durability.. in this case from 98 to 100.. or 2 points.. current durability also goes up 2.. so you end up with 42/100 and then you can't use the table anymore.. BUT if you have high repair skill you MIGHT get higher than 42.. Someone will need to confirm that though.

In either case, as slowly as repair increases right now I doubt many people will get their skill up high enough to see any useful difference.

10. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Yeah, I noticed that I could repair my weapon at the blacksmith table once (+13) with the repair kit+hammer - was completely broken. But none after that at the table.

Feeling sad, I pulled it out of the table and tried dragging the repair kit onto the weapon and the darn thing repairs itself to almost full. Wish I remember the durability numbers on the thing before I started repairing:oops:

11. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Will we be able to bypass using a repair kit and just use regular materials to repair to max?

12. Balec Fares deCani

Balec Fares deCani Avatar

No. But there are plans to make different types of repair kits for different types of items.

Repair kits can be crafted out of regular materials.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.