Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Agriculture Skills - Ranges not working; No sow seed range?

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Bayridge, Sep 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bayridge

Bayridge Avatar

9/30/2017 11:25 AM

Title: Range skills for agriculture not working and no sow seed range exists?
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No (Yes if want Range)

Details: For the skills Water Plants and Harvest Plants I believe something is off with the "harvest range" and "water range" as it never gets farther from my avatar and remains at his feet. Also the Sow Seed bonus doesn't have range buff but two "sow seed radius". This also sounds like a mistake.

Steps to Reproduce: As devloper set skill to 1 and test, then set to 100 and see if range changes. For Sow Seed, look at skill hover and note there are two sow seed radius and no range improvement.

SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.665.Date.09.29.17
    Area: Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Ardoris
    Loc: (140.8, 59.5, -51.7)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KDE0MC43ODgsIDU5LjUyOSwgLTUxLjczNCl8KDAsIC0wLjk4MSwgMCwgLTAuMTk1KXwxNTcuOTQyM3wyNi43MDIxM3wyLjA4NjgxMQ==

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I am seeing the range expand as the level increases. Are you or anyone else still seeing this issue?
    What do you have this skills at now?
    @Bayridge

3. Bayridge

Bayridge Avatar

Hey Lexie, I tested with another account , one with level 1 and one with level 46. The range are both equal. I do see the radius getting larger though. I can't really explain it, but Level 46 should not be equal distance I would think. The top image is level 46, the bottom one is level 1.

https://imgur.com/a/p27Hl
    [​IMG]

4. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

I am not sure what you mean?

I can seed and water all over a greenhouse while standing in the doorway at 80 skill

5. Bayridge

Bayridge Avatar

Hello Arradin, did you see the images? That is literally an example of a level 1 vs my character level 46. I can't go farther than level 1. I did download the release very early and maybe something glitched up and now my skill is messed up. @Lexie , is there some way to fix this or can you look into my character stats?

Thanks

6. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

First off, lets just clarify a couple things:

Radius Bonus = Larger Circle as skill goes up
    Range Bonus = Center of Circle is further away as skill goes up

I think @Bayridge is saying that there doesn't seem to be an increase in range as the skill goes up. I looked at those images though and IMO the range is going up (although not by much). The misleading part might be that the outside edge of the circles look almost the same. However, the center of the circle (where the mouse pointer is when you activate the skill) does seem to be further away as the skill goes up.

If you look at your first pic of that link, the center of circle is approximately at the 4th sprout in. Your second pic, the center is about 2.5 sprouts in. That's quite a big difference in range.

Here is a screenshot of my circle at level 85 Sow Seeds Bonus:

[​IMG]

The cursor did not appear in the pic, but it was almost at the center of the 5th mandrake plant.

So, the range is definitely increasing as you skill up.

7. Bayridge

Bayridge Avatar

I see what you are saying Daxxe. I still think something is going on with this range buff as not sure they meant such a small increase (Level 1 = 2.5 mandrake length, Level 46 = 4 mandrake length; 1.5 increase) @Lexie can you confirm the small range increase with this skill please. I recall when it was first glitched the range was clear across the room (don't ask me why). Then after the patch it ended up like this. Thanks

8. Xarras

Xarras Avatar

1. Title: Sow seeds range and radius does not work
    2. Reproduction Rate: every time I sow seeds
    3. Blocker? no
    4. Details: When sowing seeds I do not get a similar glowing circle as with reaping and watering and plant one at a time as before Agriculture option existed
    5. Steps to Reproduce: sow seeds
    6. User Specs: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)
    7. 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5
      8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
      Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.